Dedicated Server Hosting

I need a dedicated server hosting with the following specs

1) Single processor with multi-core
    2) 6 GB RAM
    3) 500 GB HDD
    4) 500 GB Backup HDD (Backups should be automated)
    5) Anti Virus / Anti Spam
    6) Plesk Unlimited Domains Setup
    7) Fully managed

I am looking at a sub US $ 200 Pricing, is it possible ? Also if someone could provide name of reliable dedicated hosting service providers.

Another suggestion could be using the cloud, for the above configuration, will it be suitable to shift to the cloud?

Hello,

>> Which Control Panel you prefer?
    >> Do you prefer RAID?
    >> Are you looking for any specific location?
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

Sorry forgot to mention the OS and other softwares

1-7 as above

8) OS - Windows server 2008
    9) MS-SQL 2008 express edition

Cptechie : plesk panel is needed, RAID would be preferable definitely, location US / INDIA / SINGAPORE.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Hello and Welcome to WHT.

When you are talking about Plesk, are you referring to a WINDOWS server? Or are you talking about Plesk for Linux (which really sucks).

Your budget is good. The only thing that you need to worry about is if it's Windows or Linux.

Yes you could put it in a Cloud as well. It all depends on what you are trying to do. Do you mind sharing a little on what you are doing with it and etc?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

If you're looking for RAID, then you'd have to get 2 X HDD of the same size. Then a software or hardware raid could be set up.

There's a BIG difference in price when you're hosting it in US vs Singapore.

Eg. In US it might cost $100 but in SG it might cost $140 with the same configuration. So you better have a clear picture on where you'd want the server to be at.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Welltodo Century

aodat2 : location was considered to reduced latency time. however if there is a huge difference in pricing, budget priority would prevail.

we would like to run an app which is MS-SQL data intensive, hence thought that latency time would matter. As the application has to do lot of processing, incase there was further delay due to latency, users may get affected a little, but incase of a huge budget diff I dont think that would be a priority.

Where would yr mail viewers be located at?
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

ideally I am not too worried about the emails, however for certain domain the email hosting could be on the dedicated server as well, though email hosting is not our priority

Oops!!! goodness 1 more typo for me. Geez... I really need to lay off the the Coca Cola. LOL.

What I meant was "Where would your main viewed be located at?"

I wouldn't have asked about the mail thingy... would have made no sense.
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

Plesk Unlimited Domains will drive up the cost a lot as there is a license fee, then you are looking for management as well. So in all, its a pretty detailed config. You will find it very close to your $200 budget or have to go a bit above it, but should be fine... Do some research and check out which providers float your boat, then contact a couple and see which one you are more drawn to.