Unhappy I know this is wierd.. but just sharing my innohosting horror story.

I know innohosting is a reputable company with a lot of good reviews, but i guess they can't please everyone and so here i am just sharing my side of the story.

as i write to you this, my phone is ringing off the hook because my whole account is suspended with no warning. and i think the main reason is because i forgot to pay for this month's due. its about 5 days old. I dont know why its set to be paid manually, i really prefer automated recurring so that i can just get on with my work without worrying about nit picking details like that. maybe there is something wrong with my card. i don't know.

but i just cant help it. i am just angry and frustrated at all the bruises i sustained with their services.. here are some:

- they block IPs for a lot of different reasons, even though i only have a handful of clients left in their server, i still find myself opening tickets almost every other day asking them to unblock this and unblock that.. (this sucks most when you are on a vacation or on your honeymoon.. it happened.)

- when the first few IP blockage happened, I was caught off guard. I ran to their support and they gave me tons of questions and whatever work around. for over 3 days i went back and forth, in the end.. it was sent to higher support which said it was ip blocking. if the support knew about this? why cant he be proactive and just checked that possibility? why make me run around with no help in sight? I lost 4 big clients with all this ip blocking, and to think i really needed the money.

- other times are just the same. I dont remember the details, but I recalled that one of my clients had a serious problem with their website. I contact support and they insisted on all sorts of possibilities. "have you tried this? have you tried that?" not once did they even bother testing the issue themselves or try to re-create the problem. It's like they are assuming i dont know what i am reporting.. after 2 days of begging and complaining, they finally got convinced to have a look into it.. it was then that they decided to forward the issue to their 2nd level support and have it fixed. how can i not be angry about this?

- the last one is the latest one. got suspended for a few days of non-payment. I know they probably had whmcs automated, but some warnings could have helped.

what is wierd, i don't have problems at all with httpme or with ezpzhosting, not even hostnexus. but its always with them.. I honestly have no clue why others give them great reviews, and I guess I will never know. maybe not all providers can please everyone? i dont know..

anyways, thanks to that.. i am now more than convinced i'd better get out asap. im not cut out for their services. too tough for me.
      0 Not allowed!

Have you talked to their billing about setting you up on recurring billing? Seems somewhat strange that they wouldn't provide you with that option.

With that being said, have you considered maybe upgrading to a VPS where you will have more control over what gets block/unblocked? Sounds to me like it might be worth the investment for you (especially if you are losing business with your current set-up).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee
      0 Not allowed!

Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm more thinking your frustration stems from your account being suspended, as you stated, for non payment. Our policy is like any other service - no payment no service.

To address your issue, we make it clear that accounts are suspended if payments are not made on time. I'm pretty sure any company does this. We send out reminders and let clients know their account will suffer disruption if payment is not paid on time. We also inform you in the same email that if you anticipate late payment, you should let us know and we'll be more than happy to provide an extension

they block IPs for a lot of different reasons, even though i only have a handful of clients left in their server, i still find myself opening tickets almost every other day asking them to unblock this and unblock that.. (this sucks most when you are on a vacation or on your honeymoon.. it happened.)
    You can utilise our end user support and we would unblock the IP's when your clients log them. Blocking IP's when malicious activity is detected is normal and secure practice.

- when the first few IP blockage happened, I was caught off guard. I ran to their support and they gave me tons of questions and whatever work around. for over 3 days i went back and forth, in the end.. it was sent to higher support which said it was ip blocking. if the support knew about this? why cant he be proactive and just checked that possibility? why make me run around with no help in sight? I lost 4 big clients with all this ip blocking, and to think i really needed the money.
    You're a bit sketchy on the details here. Do you have a ticket number? A competent technician will ask questions, it's necessary to troubleshoot and cross out other possibilities.

other times are just the same. I dont remember the details, but I recalled that one of my clients had a serious problem with their website. I contact support and they insisted on all sorts of possibilities. "have you tried this? have you tried that?" not once did they even bother testing the issue themselves or try to re-create the problem. It's like they are assuming i dont know what i am reporting.. after 2 days of begging and complaining, they finally got convinced to have a look into it.. it was then that they decided to forward the issue to their 2nd level support and have it fixed. how can i not be angry about this?
    As mentioned before. Any competent and qualified technician will ask questions - It's called troubleshooting. We can't guess the problem, we need details if details aren't provided and we need to investigate. To be very frank with you, I'm quite confident you've been very inaccurate about your details here.

Again, very sketchy on the details here and I'm getting the feeling you're just trying to find some negatives to post about us because you didn't pay your bill. It really isn't our fault that you haven't paid your bill and there is no reason to try and shift the blame on to us. It is your bill, you are responsible for it. We did send notifications, and I can prove this.

Reading through the lines, one issue with us asking questions, another issue with us securing your account - hardly a horror story?

You can PM me your account details in private if you want me to look into your case, and see what we can do about your suspension.
    Last edited by rv_irl; 05-12-2011 at 10:43 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep.. it's those kind of responses that really ticks me off. Why don't you just say it directly and call me a Liar?

I shared my end of the problem as is, and I have no intention of intimidating you. I simply said I don't fit in well with your services. Your response alone proves my point. Customers aren't always right, but as a client using your services for years at least treat me with a little respect.

Just give me a month to move my accounts out and I will be out of your hair.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Have you talked to their billing about setting you up on recurring billing? Seems somewhat strange that they wouldn't provide you with that option.

With that being said, have you considered maybe upgrading to a VPS where you will have more control over what gets block/unblocked? Sounds to me like it might be worth the investment for you (especially if you are losing business with your current set-up).
    hmm, i never thought of that. guess i was happy with my other providers so that possibility never occurred to me. I usually just register new accounts elsewhere.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Yep.. it's those kind of responses that really ticks me off. Why don't you just say it directly and call me a Liar?

I shared my end of the problem as is, and I have no intention of intimidating you. I simply said I don't fit in well with your services. Your response alone proves my point. Customers aren't always right, but as a client using your services for years at least treat me with a little respect.

Just give me a month to move my accounts out and I will be out of your hair.
    Davy,

I'm not here to argue with you, and I'm sorry if my response comes off rude in any way. I didn't call you a liar because I don't think you are, but rather I think the post was written in haste because of your frustration with the situation.

But please understand, I do also have a right to respond to the reviews and accusations made and you shouldn't take them personally. You posted your side of the story, I posted my side of the story. There really isn't much to it than that.

I'm sorry you're leaving us on bad terms, and I'm also sorry that we couldn't provide a service which was satisfactory to you. I believe we tried our best, I believe our support/uptime which we get complimented most for tried their best but I guess something somewhere went sour.

I do not wish for you to part on bad terms, so if there is anything I can do, even with assisting with the transfer in moving you away, then please do let me know. The last thing I want is someone leaving us on a negative note.

@ferngullygraphics, we do offer the option for automatic credit card payments which many of our customers have taken advantage of.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    Davy,

I'm not here to argue with you, and I'm sorry if my response comes off rude in any way. I didn't call you a liar because I don't think you are, but rather I think the post was written in haste because of your frustration with the situation.

But please understand, I do also have a right to respond to the reviews and accusations made and you shouldn't take them personally. You posted your side of the story, I posted my side of the story. There really isn't much to it than that.

I'm sorry you're leaving us on bad terms, and I'm also sorry that we couldn't provide a service which was satisfactory to you. I believe we tried our best, I believe our support/uptime which we get complimented most for tried their best but I guess something somewhere went sour.

I do not wish for you to part on bad terms, so if there is anything I can do, even with assisting with the transfer in moving you away, then please do let me know. The last thing I want is someone leaving us on a negative note.

@ferngullygraphics, we do offer the option for automatic credit card payments which many of our customers have taken advantage of.
    Much better response. I have to agree with the OP in saying that if I were a customer of yours and a rep replied to me with the initial response you posted, I would probably also get offended, or at least turned off.

With that being said, hopefully you guys can work it out, seems like its just a bit of miscommunication by both parties.
    Last edited by Forward Web; 05-13-2011 at 12:01 AM.

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee
      0 Not allowed!

Thats a very satisfactory response. I think the OP should accept it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    hmm, i never thought of that. guess i was happy with my other providers so that possibility never occurred to me. I usually just register new accounts elsewhere.
    Might be something worth considering? Especially if you have various reseller accounts spread out over various companies. Might save you some time and money if you consolidate everything into one VPS.

0 Not allowed!

@ferngullygraphics, it's hard to portray the tone when you're writing in text. I think it was just perceived differently to how I intended it.

Either way, as far as we're concerned the issue of suspension has been resolved.
      0 Not allowed!

yes, I am fine with that response. No problems here. I will PM IH-Rameen if I need anything.

Thanks for the suggestions as well.
      0 Not allowed!