Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56

    Question Got a question about reseller hosting.. Need help.

    I am looking to start reseller hosting and I am starting with 80 GB space and 700 GB Bandwidth. I may require more space sooner or later but I want to know what will be the best option after reaching this limit (Other than upgrading my account with reseller provider).

    It should be VPS or something else? It might be a foolish question but I am learning all this so I thought I should ask.

    Thanks for help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    52
    Hello,

    Mmm, for that amount of disk space you will find a reseller package more cheap then a VPS for sure.

    If you will need more space, you can always get a second reseller package on a different company or same company but a different server/location right?
    LateHosting.com
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller, VPS, SHOUTcast, Domains Registration and SSLs certificates.
    24 x 7 Support, Daily Backups, Multiple Locations, Instant Activation etc.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Modesto California
    Posts
    6,468
    How much are you currently paying per month?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

    Need Business Cards? Click Here

  4. #4
    Reseller hosting packages comes with much features in terms of space and bandwidth. You can obviously look for high end reseller packages. Still the cost of the hosting may be cheaper than $30. However, look for the reliable and experienced resellers in the hosting industry

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    338
    Until you are experienced with hosting industry, reseller hosting is best. If you get custom hosting requirements like JSP hosting, shell hosting etc, you can think about VPS hosting and slowly to dedicated hosting as well. Since you are starting, remember to get the reseller account from a fast and reliable provider who is patient enough to explain you the support issues, if any in layman's terms. It may cost you a bit more, but those $ are worth!

    ▁▂▄▅▆▇█SupportSages█▇▆▅▄▂▁ - Bytes of Wisdom @ Work
    24/7 Support with 15 mins response time & no charge guarantees

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by LateHosting View Post
    Hello,

    Mmm, for that amount of disk space you will find a reseller package more cheap then a VPS for sure.

    If you will need more space, you can always get a second reseller package on a different company or same company but a different server/location right?
    Hello,

    The max package with reseller that I am getting is Disk Space 200 GB and Bandwidth 1400 GB

    I just want to know that what I can do if I will exceed this limit with my customers?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    16,968
    Quote Originally Posted by jatin View Post
    I just want to know that what I can do if I will exceed this limit with my customers?
    That question should be directed to the hosting provider you are signing up as it will depend on their terms of service.
    Specially 4 You
    .
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    How much are you currently paying per month?
    I am paying $34.95 at the moment.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsima View Post
    Reseller hosting packages comes with much features in terms of space and bandwidth. You can obviously look for high end reseller packages. Still the cost of the hosting may be cheaper than $30. However, look for the reliable and experienced resellers in the hosting industry
    The service provider is completely reliable but I am concerned about future requirements. When I jump the max plan limits then what will be the next option for me? VPS or some other option?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by madguy24 View Post
    Until you are experienced with hosting industry, reseller hosting is best. If you get custom hosting requirements like JSP hosting, shell hosting etc, you can think about VPS hosting and slowly to dedicated hosting as well. Since you are starting, remember to get the reseller account from a fast and reliable provider who is patient enough to explain you the support issues, if any in layman's terms. It may cost you a bit more, but those $ are worth!
    Thanks for your suggestions. You got my question perfectly. So, I should opt for VPS after reseller hosting? Is it going to be the best option? Or Dedicated server is the best option?

    Thanks again for your help.

Similar Threads

  1. Reseller Hosting Question?
    By T_MG in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
  2. Reseller hosting question
    By RovingCalypso in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM
  3. Reseller Hosting Question
    By blasto333 in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 04:24 PM
  4. Question about re-reseller Hosting
    By ~BuckMaster~ in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:28 AM
  5. Reseller Hosting Question
    By Linux Chick in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2002, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •