Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BTW, for 76.5$ I can get 1.4gb of ram, Managed VPS on KnownHost that someone linked on the first page. What do you think about them?
    Last edited by H396347; 05-13-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunH View Post
    Honestly that doesn't seem to fair fetched. If they are really getting a lot of traffic then it might be a reasonable idea.
    I see no reason why hosting that site with a completely managed VPS, unlimited traffic, and 1 gb of memory with 4 cores all for $25/month would be a problem. But honestly, I think that 512 mb of memory would be satisfactory for the job -- if it is managed properly.

Depending on how much of a job it will be to get the site transferred and running, a $50 to $75 setup fee might be appropriate, but that's always negotiable when gaining a good customer is at stake.

PS - I never like giving up Apache on a web server.
    Last edited by ajonate; 05-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V4705 View Post
    BTW, with the same price before their upgrade (75$) I can get 1.5gb of ram, managed vps on KnownHost that someone liked on the first page. What do you think about them?
    That might be an option. But it might be a better idea to work out with wiredtree what the problem is and fix it before moving to another host. The problem might very well fallow you.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonate View Post
    I see no reason why hosting that site with a completely managed VPS, unlimited traffic, and 1 gb of memory with 4 cores all for $25/month would be a problem. But honestly, I think that 512 mb of memory would be satisfactory for the job -- if it is managed properly.

Depending on how much of a job it will be to get the transferred and running, a $50 to $75 setup fee might be appropriate, but that's always negotiable when gaining a good customer is at stake.

PS - I never like giving up Apache on a web server.
    Maybe but I wouldn't be so sure. Also where are you going to get that kind of spec (1 gig of ram) at only 25 dollars and being fully managed?

Also if Litespeed works I don't see anything reason not to use it.

But at the same time if the Op can fix the problem before moving that will be a good idea. As the problem won't follow them, if its fixed.
    Last edited by ShaunH; 05-13-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V4705 View Post
    Right now we're using VPS for our Magento website,
    There is any reason to continue host on a VPS ?
    all we use is ecommerce website, live chat (livezilla) and email accounts.

The guy that order the VPS few month ago doesn't work here any more, so I cant ask him what was the reason.

Can you think about any good reason keeping the VPS for our uses?

Thanks!
    Magento is known for being slow under overloaded shared hosting.

If you can afford the monthly price, there really is no reason to switch to shared hosting.

For the price you are paying and if your site is running well, I'd say you're getting a pretty good deal.

They say "you get what you pay for" and it is often true of hosting.

Depending on the "complex" problem you are asking for help on, it is most likely not required of WiredTree to help you with. However, they can choose to do so at their discretion as a courtesy to you if they have time.
    KiloServe Hosting - 48 Core Nodes and specializing in high disk I/O VPS
    www.KiloServe.com Providing Quality Hosting since 2007
    Specializing in Dedicated Servers, OpenVZ VPS, Xen VPS, and Windows VPS.

VPS is a self-managed hosting package. If you or your IT personnel are familiar with server configuration, you can have unmanaged VPS, otherwise, I'll advice you to take the managed VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkypainter View Post
    VPS is a self-managed hosting package. If you or your IT personnel are familiar with server configuration, you can have unmanaged VPS, otherwise, I'll advice you to take the managed VPS.
    He has a managed VPS with wiredtree.

Ok so for now I upgrade the server to 1gb of ram and LiteSpeed webserver.
    I'm not sure if it fix the problem because the crashes was once a day/two days so only time will tell.
    Anyway I most thank WiredTree customer service/tech support, It really seems like they trying to do their best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12