How do you think about my provider?

I got this email from my provider.

Dear Valuable Client,

We are very sorry that we are down since last many days. The reason for the downtime is very serious this time. Our data center (OVH) is not going to allow us to host there anymore. This is because they received numerous complaints against our server for spamming, phishing and other fraudulent activities. This is actually true. Our clients plus our resellers clients have done this. There has been huge spamming over last few days when the server was running. There were also many phishing/fraud sites. All of these came into our server very fast and they are very recent. So we were unable to stop/terminate them.

Our datacenter has suspended our server and has denied to provide any further service. They said, they will not unsuspend the server. At-first they didn't even wanted to provide us the data we have in the server. This is because this has become a case under law. We were under very much pressure and didn't have anything fixed to say to our customers. So we didn't reply to your emails and calls. Now, we have come to a resolution that, we will get the data that we have in the server. The datacenter has agreed to provide us the data. But this will take some time because this case is still now under law. It will take few more days for them to allow us to transfer data to any other data center.

We will move all of our data to a new data center. We are looking for a new data center with whom we can make an agreement. After we finalize the new data center and OVH, the current data center releases all the data, we will move to the new data center. Please be patient for that time.

We are speechless and very much ashamed. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.
    How do you think about this business ethic?

Your host is far from professional is all I can say. You don't start hosting "phishing" sites "all of a sudden". Webhosting is a serious business and should be left to people who can actually do it.

It requires monitoring of traffic on the network, the kind of sites customers are running and much more. Whoever these guys are, clearly didn't do anything of that sort.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Their grammar alone makes me cringe.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

It is an example of cheap web hosting.

Not to mention boarders on a flat out scam for your money
    M3Server - Celebrating 20 years of hosting
    Fully Managed Shared, Virtual & Dedicated Servers
    Chris Stach - chris@m3server.com
    http://www.m3server.com

I think this is what will happen when hosted with "budget" hosts. Or I guess poor hosting management. Whatever, this is seriously unprofessional.
    BoostHosting Pty Ltd

Another fly-by-night host if you ask me. Have you already switched providers? I hope so..
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Sounds like a poorly ran hosting company that I would assume had really attractive and low pricing.

Budget hosts are a headache to run, and attracts the worse type of clients.

If a spammer or someone wanting to open a bank fraud site had to choose between $1.50/mo 'unlimited hosting' and/or a $10/mo '10GB' account, they'll choose the cheap one always.

When we first started we had limited time promotional offers that were had really attractive pricing. We won't go that low anymore because it's just not worth it. We'll let the budget hosts deal with the headache, and we'll host clients who know what they actually need. It's much easier to support and please a lower number of higher paying clients as opposed to pleasing and supporting a higher number of lower paying clients.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

It seems like a very poor company.

Nothing can be done with this type of provider. You just have to wait and wait until they do something.

my questions to customers of this joker... with the cost of downtime, possible lost site etc.

1)How much did this budget hoster save you?
    2)When will you figure out that attempting to save a buck is very expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by AHFB HTML View Post
    my questions to customers of this joker... with the cost of downtime, possible lost site etc.

1)How much did this budget hoster save you?
    2)When will you figure out that attempting to save a buck is very expensive?
    The problem is that our country is small. They cannot afford for web hosting more than $5 a month.

Fraudulent sites don't just appear! That part made me laugh. And spammers don't go unnoticed, if the host looks at the logs every day at a minimum.
    Hostjunkies Affordable Web Hosting
    Professional Web Hosting | 99.9% Uptime | Cloudlinux | Softaculous
    Daily backups | cPanel Control Panel | Tier III Datacenter
    Follow us on twitter @hostjunkies | 4+ Years in Industry

They give budget hosting a bad name,
    I don't agree with all posts in here, budget hosts aren't all the same.
    There's plenty on the forum that offer budget hosting without issues like above.

The whole fing does seem 'phishy' though certainly!

Quote Originally Posted by hostjunkies View Post
    Fraudulent sites don't just appear! That part made me laugh. And spammers don't go unnoticed, if the host looks at the logs every day at a minimum.
    I personally check my logs a little too much, mainly because I'm nosy, more-so because I value my IP address validity, but it can be a good laugh amongst my team when we see clients offering 200Gb bandwidth for example when we've only actually allocated them 100Gb.
    Last edited by intelliServe; 05-12-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chhit View Post
    The problem is that our country is small. They cannot afford for web hosting more than $5 a month.
    How much is this disaster costing you?

Surely you can find a far better host for around $5.00 per month, how much diskspace/bandwidth were you using?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

I have many reseller accounts. The current mention is the cheapest one. It is 50GB/5000GB for $5 a month.

What is this provider name? It seems they are unable to stop spamming, sad to hear...

futured hosting... com

futured hosting... com
    Cant say I'm not surprised, just a quick browse of their website and I see all kinds of red flags (claims of unlimited diskspace, alpha reseller plans.. the company name is poor grammer, futured is not a word.. the list goes one).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

future hosting is a big reputation one, not futured...

I got this email from my provider.

How do you think about this business ethic?
    what we can say you are trapped and also you are in huge loss

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    Another fly-by-night host if you ask me. Have you already switched providers? I hope so..
    Honestly this is what my opinion is. Please move asap.

Yes, I already move out.

LOL I wouldn't want to be their client, I don't think they should give you the boot like that, I think they should've warned you first.