After Hours Support?

Hi,

We currently have a small number of clients but I plan to do a rather large marketing campaign and hope to increase customers. Normally we just have someone on call (no phone or chat support after hours; only tickets). Is it better to have someone reachable via some other method for emergency situations/other requests or should we just keep it how it is? In addition with that said is it best to have someone on staff in the event of an emergency (paying them to do nothing) or have a call center service/paid service to offer that emergency support?
    Web Hosting, TeamSpeak Servers and Tech Consulting
    Joshua Hina - Mobile: 1 (503) 875-1899
    CEO, Delta Internet and Media Services LLC.
    If you ever have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be glad to help.

IMHO, any methods should work just fine (either by phone, chats or tickets), as long as customers can reach you (or your staff who in charge for emergency support) to get response/support and their problems/issue should be solved in timely manner - that's the important thing i think.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by agustan View Post
    IMHO, any methods should work just fine (either by phone, chats or tickets), as long as customers can reach you (or your staff who in charge for emergency support) to get response/support and their problems/issue should be solved in timely manner - that's the important thing i think.
    Should we have some kind of a call center service or something for the rare times that agents are unreachable (there are times at night when no one from our staff are reachable or asleep and leaving a customer waiting while a phone rings is not exactly good)
    Web Hosting, TeamSpeak Servers and Tech Consulting
    Joshua Hina - Mobile: 1 (503) 875-1899
    CEO, Delta Internet and Media Services LLC.
    If you ever have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be glad to help.

I don't know if you have enough staffs for this, but it would be great if you could make working schedule in 2 or 3 shifts (morning and night shifts maybe). Perhaps you can make that in rotation every 2 weeks or 1 month, and for the night shift working staffs, there will be incentives or bonus.

Alternately, if you want to use some kind of 3rd party call center service for that 'emergency' call (in rate times that staffs or agents are unreachable), please make sure that your clients/customers issue are handled properly by them.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

You can open a small call center for this purpose.

The other option is to outsource your support after hours. I have only seen ticket support after hours, but I'm sure there are companies out there that offer phone support as well.

Even I would suggest outsourcing your support is by far the best option for you. Since you are worried about the expenses in your budget.
    BoostHosting Pty Ltd

Here's a list of companies that provide phone/ticket support:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/C...g_tech_support

You might want to contact them to see what options they have for afterhours.

Just my two cents
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!

i would also suggest you to try bobcares.com for your requirement...

I think just tickets are fine out of hours. Phone support out of hours is a bonus, but depends on your business model really.

We have never offered Phone support and very rarely get asked for it as customers are generally getting ticket replies within 10mins regardless of the time.

Yes, try to go with outsourced support for overnight hours.
    With few dollars per month you make sure that tickets are handled, and clients are not waiting in case of any emergency.

You can, as many company do, offer only ticket support overnight and avoid additional costs for phone support.
    Dade2 • Premium Cloud Provider • Infrastructure as a Service
    Managed Cloud • Managed Kubernetes • Partner Program

I have seen a lot of people consider Facebook as additional support Chanel.
    I'm not expert but if that was not previously integrated you can do that and that would be great for your support in overal.

Quote Originally Posted by fox80129 View Post
    Yes, try to go with outsourced support for overnight hours.
    With few dollars per month you make sure that tickets are handled, and clients are not waiting in case of any emergency.

You can, as many company do, offer only ticket support overnight and avoid additional costs for phone support.
    Exactly my line of thoughts in this matter.

+1 for outsourcing.