Question Looking for 300Mbps Server

hello all,

Can anyone help me finding a host with a config like this:

24 GB RAM
    4 x 1 TB
    300 Mbps UNMETERED

For now I did found only 100tb offers wich simply down the site if you go over the limit , nothing better to kill a site...

I actually haver servers at 100 Mbps UNMETERED running well but need more bandwith.

Thanks for you help.

Most hosts should be able to provide this. Do you have any specific location you are looking to place the server?

Hello,

Most hosts should be able to provide this <<< I'm not so sure I'm contacting a lot of host since these last weeks and the config are not what I ask or they cut the site or things like.

The location is not really important but prefered in Amsterdam.

for now the only host I see is 100TB.com but there is some threads on this forum that make me a bit scared so I would like to see some other host.

It is not so easy to find good host with good prices that's why I ask some rockies on this board

We have several servers with 100tb and we don't have any problem at all. Give them a try! you won't be disappointed. Ask them to cap your server at 300mbps and use it as unmetered.

What is your budget?

Budget is the most important thing... I know of hosts who could do this for $300++ and I know of hosts who could do this for $2000++. Depends on what your requirements are.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

My budget is arround 600 / 700$

For now I have my 100Mbps at 350$ / month with 2TB , it is a good price because I have several servers at this host for several years. I asked them also to make me an offer for a 300Mbps (waiting answer now)

You can also throttle the rate in your server software to stop you going over the 100TB limit. If you are currently using 300mbps, capped, you will almost certainly have less than 100tb transfer anyway.

Edit: Redstation previously had http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1019110 this special offer for $375 but it seems to have ended. Maybe you can email them and see if they will still do it.
    Last edited by topgun; 05-11-2011 at 04:18 AM.

thanks topgun, I sent them an e-mail

It wouldn't be too hard to do bonded 100mbps ports to get to 300mbps unmetered. I've got someone who has a server with 4x100mbps ports bonded. I'm surprised you're finding a lot of hosts not willing to do the b/w you want on an unmetered basis, since your budget sounds reasonable.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Why don't you contact your current host to see which plans are available for you, since they seem to be able to offer 100 Mbit unmetered servers already?
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBoost View Post
    Why don't you contact your current host to see which plans are available for you, since they seem to be able to offer 100 Mbit unmetered servers already?
    Today 03:08 AM oliverk My budget is arround 600 / 700$

For now I have my 100Mbps at 350$ / month with 2TB , it is a good price because I have several servers at this host for several years. I asked them also to make me an offer for a 300Mbps (waiting answer now)

SingleHop now has 100mbps server, you might be able to pull one within you budget. Try contacting them.

Who are you having in mind? Does the provider matter?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Choose the best technical support, it will be help you to resolve the next trouble if any.
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

Thanks everybody for advices

avec talking with half dozen of hosting company I will give a try to 100TB.com who has by far the best prices / config I need.

Regards,
    oliver

Quote Originally Posted by oliverk View Post
    Today 03:08 AM oliverk My budget is arround 600 / 700$

100mbps for $350 a month is robbery at this point, unless it's a real high spec machine. You could get a 100TB box and still have enough left over to go to Sizzler, with wine.