hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Page-Zone

Forum Jump

Page-Zone

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru

Page-Zone

Has there been any news about page-zone.com lately? I have a small reseller account there. The ticket I opened a couple of days ago is unanswered. They have some unhappy people in their forum.

Sponsored Links
Old
James Lee

Are those ticket directed to their Support department or Sales/Billing?

Sales and Billing may take some time to be responded but if it is the Support department, I will be worried about it.

My advise is to take backups of all your accounts with them just in case anything happens.

NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

Old
Web Hosting Master

Always remember to Backup your account no matter what the case.

AS JLHC said, if it's Sales & Billing, then it might take a little longer than usual but if it's under Support, they should get it done for you relatively fast.

AGAIN, BACKUP EVERYTHING!!! Even if they are still around, do a backup!

Welltodo Century
- www.welltodocentury.com

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
The ticket I opened a couple of days ago is unanswered.
Support tickets should be answered within hours.
You should backup websites data and keep a copy on your computer in case there's problem with server.

Old
Junior Guru

There are only a couple of sites that are a concern. One is a forum using phpBB. What I don't understand about cPanel is that it says the full backup cannot be used to restore a site. Do I do a full backup, do I do a backup within cPanel (4 backups), or do I do a backup within phpBB? What's the safest solution? All of the above?

It's a little OT, but is there a phpBB plug-in or other utility that will make a single-file backup of the entire forum?

Old
James Lee

Quote:
There are only a couple of sites that are a concern. One is a forum using phpBB. What I don't understand about cPanel is that it says the full backup cannot be used to restore a site. Do I do a full backup, do I do a backup within cPanel (4 backups), or do I do a backup within phpBB? What's the safest solution? All of the above?

It's a little OT, but is there a phpBB plug-in or other utility that will make a single-file backup of the entire forum?
I will suggest you to perform a full cPanel backup which will contain everything in your cPanel account.

You as a reseller cannot restore a full cPanel backup yourself but any hosting provider running on cPanel/WHM can restore it for you (provided that they are a real hosting provider who has root access to their servers and not any of those alpha or master resellers).

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Another problem again. You can start looking for a better provider now else your business will suffer or will be a mess too. Also, take their advices, backup everything now.

Old
Junior Guru

Is two weeks too long to wait for a response to a support ticket?

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHC View Post

You as a reseller cannot restore a full cPanel backup yourself:
Resellers can if the host uses Zamfoo the tool is called Zamfoo Migr@tor just a neat tool If the host doesn't use Zamfoo then you would be correct and I'm sure thats what you were refereeing to.

〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/

Old
James Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
Resellers can if the host uses Zamfoo the tool is called Zamfoo Migr@tor just a neat tool If the host doesn't use Zamfoo then you would be correct and I'm sure thats what you were refereeing to.
Yep I am referring to the original cPanel/WHM features. Not too sure about Zamfoo since it is a third-party plugin and not official.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
Yep I am referring to the original cPanel/WHM features. Not too sure about Zamfoo since it is a third-party plugin and not official.
Thanks to plugins making original things even better

Old
Junior Guru

Page-zone continues to deteriorate. I have a phpBB forum left there. When I go to the page, I get an "Internal Server Error." When I try to do a cPanel backup, the file is 0 bytes. The forum is installed on my new server, but the database is 10 days out of date.

The owner of PZ still logs in to WHT regularly, so it doesn't make sense why these problems continue. They are not responding to emails or trouble tickets. The problem would probably be solved by rebooting the server.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Page-zone continues to deteriorate. I have a phpBB forum left there. When I go to the page, I get an "Internal Server Error." When I try to do a cPanel backup, the file is 0 bytes. The forum is installed on my new server, but the database is 10 days out of date.

The owner of PZ still logs in to WHT regularly, so it doesn't make sense why these problems continue. They are not responding to emails or trouble tickets. The problem would probably be solved by rebooting the server.
Hello,

There could be something in the page causing it to hit mod sec or something else they have implemented causing this error to output.

A reboot necessarily wont fix it.

Old
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
Hello,

There could be something in the page causing it to hit mod sec or something else they have implemented causing this error to output.

A reboot necessarily wont fix it.
Or permissions issues/htaccess issues if its suphp.

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Old

Quote:
I'm still hosed from the hacker attack on Page-Zone three weeks ago. Page-Zone took down the server, disabled all services including FTP and ssh, then brought back some but not all of the customers' access. Since I'm in the "not all" category for whatever reason, I've still got no cPanel, no FTP, no ssh, no access to my content, nada.

Even worse, my credit card hit its expiration date in the middle of the down-time. And whatever re-registration URL email they sent me to update my information is stuck in my email on the server that they've cut. So I can't get to my content, and even if they *do* eventually restore services to the rest of their customers, they probably won't activate mine because of the expired card information.

And, of course, no response to emails or my three support tickets. Really disappointing result after several years of pretty reliable service.