Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Page-Zone

  1. #1

    Page-Zone

    Has there been any news about page-zone.com lately? I have a small reseller account there. The ticket I opened a couple of days ago is unanswered. They have some unhappy people in their forum.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,991
    Are those ticket directed to their Support department or Sales/Billing?

    Sales and Billing may take some time to be responded but if it is the Support department, I will be worried about it.

    My advise is to take backups of all your accounts with them just in case anything happens.
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    High Availability Pure SSD DDR4 RAM CDN Bundled Triple Layer Backups

    NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,761
    Always remember to Backup your account no matter what the case.

    AS JLHC said, if it's Sales & Billing, then it might take a little longer than usual but if it's under Support, they should get it done for you relatively fast.

    AGAIN, BACKUP EVERYTHING!!! Even if they are still around, do a backup!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    The ticket I opened a couple of days ago is unanswered.
    Support tickets should be answered within hours.
    You should backup websites data and keep a copy on your computer in case there's problem with server.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

  5. #5
    There are only a couple of sites that are a concern. One is a forum using phpBB. What I don't understand about cPanel is that it says the full backup cannot be used to restore a site. Do I do a full backup, do I do a backup within cPanel (4 backups), or do I do a backup within phpBB? What's the safest solution? All of the above?

    It's a little OT, but is there a phpBB plug-in or other utility that will make a single-file backup of the entire forum?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    There are only a couple of sites that are a concern. One is a forum using phpBB. What I don't understand about cPanel is that it says the full backup cannot be used to restore a site. Do I do a full backup, do I do a backup within cPanel (4 backups), or do I do a backup within phpBB? What's the safest solution? All of the above?

    It's a little OT, but is there a phpBB plug-in or other utility that will make a single-file backup of the entire forum?
    I will suggest you to perform a full cPanel backup which will contain everything in your cPanel account.

    You as a reseller cannot restore a full cPanel backup yourself but any hosting provider running on cPanel/WHM can restore it for you (provided that they are a real hosting provider who has root access to their servers and not any of those alpha or master resellers).
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    High Availability Pure SSD DDR4 RAM CDN Bundled Triple Layer Backups

    NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    301
    Another problem again. You can start looking for a better provider now else your business will suffer or will be a mess too. Also, take their advices, backup everything now.

  8. #8
    Is two weeks too long to wait for a response to a support ticket?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA
    Posts
    8,680
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post

    You as a reseller cannot restore a full cPanel backup yourself:
    Resellers can if the host uses Zamfoo the tool is called Zamfoo Migr@tor just a neat tool If the host doesn't use Zamfoo then you would be correct and I'm sure thats what you were refereeing to.
    〓〓 QuadraNet ├ CLOUD ├ DEDICATED ├ COLOCATION
    〓〓 Locations: Los Angeles, Dallas and Miami
    〓〓 I make deals!! Dustin@QuadraNet.com
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Resellers can if the host uses Zamfoo the tool is called Zamfoo Migr@tor just a neat tool If the host doesn't use Zamfoo then you would be correct and I'm sure thats what you were refereeing to.
    Yep I am referring to the original cPanel/WHM features. Not too sure about Zamfoo since it is a third-party plugin and not official.
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    High Availability Pure SSD DDR4 RAM CDN Bundled Triple Layer Backups

    NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA
    Posts
    8,680
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Yep I am referring to the original cPanel/WHM features. Not too sure about Zamfoo since it is a third-party plugin and not official.
    Thanks to plugins making original things even better
    〓〓 QuadraNet ├ CLOUD ├ DEDICATED ├ COLOCATION
    〓〓 Locations: Los Angeles, Dallas and Miami
    〓〓 I make deals!! Dustin@QuadraNet.com
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/

  12. #12
    Page-zone continues to deteriorate. I have a phpBB forum left there. When I go to the page, I get an "Internal Server Error." When I try to do a cPanel backup, the file is 0 bytes. The forum is installed on my new server, but the database is 10 days out of date.

    The owner of PZ still logs in to WHT regularly, so it doesn't make sense why these problems continue. They are not responding to emails or trouble tickets. The problem would probably be solved by rebooting the server.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA
    Posts
    8,680
    Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    Page-zone continues to deteriorate. I have a phpBB forum left there. When I go to the page, I get an "Internal Server Error." When I try to do a cPanel backup, the file is 0 bytes. The forum is installed on my new server, but the database is 10 days out of date.

    The owner of PZ still logs in to WHT regularly, so it doesn't make sense why these problems continue. They are not responding to emails or trouble tickets. The problem would probably be solved by rebooting the server.
    Hello,

    There could be something in the page causing it to hit mod sec or something else they have implemented causing this error to output.

    A reboot necessarily wont fix it.
    〓〓 QuadraNet ├ CLOUD ├ DEDICATED ├ COLOCATION
    〓〓 Locations: Los Angeles, Dallas and Miami
    〓〓 I make deals!! Dustin@QuadraNet.com
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    13,249
    Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Hello,

    There could be something in the page causing it to hit mod sec or something else they have implemented causing this error to output.

    A reboot necessarily wont fix it.
    Or permissions issues/htaccess issues if its suphp.
    Steven Ciaburri | Proactive Linux Server Management - Rack911.com
    System Administration Extraordinaire | Follow us on twitter:@Rack911Labs
    Managed Servers (AS62710), Server Management, and Security Auditing.
    www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    Page-zone continues to deteriorate. I have a phpBB forum left there. When I go to the page, I get an "Internal Server Error." When I try to do a cPanel backup, the file is 0 bytes. The forum is installed on my new server, but the database is 10 days out of date.
    I'm still hosed from the hacker attack on Page-Zone three weeks ago. Page-Zone took down the server, disabled all services including FTP and ssh, then brought back some but not all of the customers' access. Since I'm in the "not all" category for whatever reason, I've still got no cPanel, no FTP, no ssh, no access to my content, nada.

    Even worse, my credit card hit its expiration date in the middle of the down-time. And whatever re-registration URL email they sent me to update my information is stuck in my email on the server that they've cut. So I can't get to my content, and even if they *do* eventually restore services to the rest of their customers, they probably won't activate mine because of the expired card information.

    And, of course, no response to emails or my three support tickets. Really disappointing result after several years of pretty reliable service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Page-Zone site down?
    By nosit1 in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
  2. Whats up with page-zone.com
    By stormserver in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
  3. What's Up With Page-Zone?
    By hillbilly57 in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
  4. Page-Zone is MIA
    By Paul Klinkman in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 05:06 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •