BuyVM...just an observation

First of all, let me say that it could be that I have low expectations or that I'm easily impressed but, I have a couple of VPSs with BuyVM and have to give them credit on communication.

When I purchased the plans (one 512 plan and a 1024 plan), I expected it to be a case of caveat emptor. Now, I am actually using one server to store my offsite backups and considering using the other for a visible function.

What impressed me what that I actually get informed about things like maintenance on a node before it happens. I have an account with another company (good company) and I remember seeing a message about planned maintenance 20 minutes after they took the server down (I had to go to their site to find this out). So, I had to say that I didn't expect a budget host to:

1) communicate with customers in a timely manner or
    2) actually do real maintenance.

Okay, since I want to give them kudos on another item, I'll be reporting my IP's to mods for verification.

I also noticed that when they actually provisioned my servers to me, they were tuned correctly. Sounds like it should be expected but, I recently had to cancel service with another budget host because they didn't provide me with a VPS that simply had the specs/resources that I was told the server would have out of the gate. It may sound silly but, it's a good thing to run cat /proc/user_beancounters and see a nice column of zeroes in the failcnt.

Thanks, BuyVM for simply doing what you say you'll do.

Thanks

During the HE power outage we had a falling out with a few clients because we simply couldn't keep up with everyones request for more information but we do our best to keep as transparent with everyone as possible.

In our IRC especially you'll usually hear us talk about weird quirks we've had as well as likely fixes so we know that the hosts in there snooping on us are keeping this information in mind (which is fine).

In the end, we like to think that we operate as more of a community/family than just a client <-> host relationship.

Thanks again,

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Well, I have to agree that BuyVM is doing a great job, although their location does not fit my needs exactly. The only thing I have not seen is the community/family thing. Their answers in tickets are direct and often effective but not exactly polite. Not rude at all...but not exactly what I personally expect. Not all clients follow IRC channels, twitter etc. so...we cannot all be part of that community and the tickets are for many the only way to contact BuyVM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBGear View Post
    Well, I have to agree that BuyVM is doing a great job, although their location does not fit my needs exactly. The only thing I have not seen is the community/family thing. Their answers in tickets are direct and often effective but not exactly polite. Not rude at all...but not exactly what I personally expect. Not all clients follow IRC channels, twitter etc. so...we cannot all be part of that community and the tickets are for many the only way to contact BuyVM.
    We're likely going to open a forum by summer time Tickets are normally a lot more professional/formal than us ponying around in IRC.

What would you like different about the location? Is it a thing of the west coast being too far for you or you're hoping for something with better power? We're currently looking into our options to address this so we stop having these drops we've had in the past 6 months.

Francisco
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

When will BuyVM have vm's to sell again? Everything on their site says sold out...

West coast is the issue for me ( distance wise ). Power issues with the data center is something I cannot blame BuyVM for ...or maybe just for the initial choice, but I understand this.

I refuse to believe anyone actually has a buyvm.net VPS. I think they are just a myth because every time I look they are sold out

(just kidding...well, not about the always being sold out part)
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    I refuse to believe anyone actually has a buyvm.net VPS. I think they are just a myth because every time I look they are sold out

(just kidding...well, not about the always being sold out part)
    I have 4 of them. Great service! I don't really use them for anything, but the uptime was pretty high on all my boxes before the power issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dclardy View Post
    I have 4 of them... I don't really use them for anything
    This is why far more deserving people don't have them. I managed to get a 128 in the last sell off, but wish I got something bigger. Apparently you can't upgrade from a 128.

Quote Originally Posted by rsquare View Post
    This is why far more deserving people don't have them. I managed to get a 128 in the last sell off, but wish I got something bigger. Apparently you can't upgrade from a 128.
    You can if you're willing to pay the year on the new plan you want to move up to Moving from yearly -> monthly gets sloppy alas.

Francisco

Wow. I am glad that you can tell the worth of someone through a forum post.

This is why far more deserving people don't have them.
    We're not talking about government cheese or heating oil for winter here
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

Wow. I am glad that you can tell the worth of someone through a forum post.
    I doubt that it was meant as offensive as you seemed to take it.
    As for how I perceived it, it was a simple reaction to him (like me) not having a BuyVM server and you pointing out that you had four that you 'don't use' (resulting in him thinking that you don't need them more than he does)

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    every time I look they are sold out
    I have 4 of them (...) I don't really use them for anything

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    We're likely going to open a forum by summer time
    Francisco
    i demand uncensored jav section
    please cmiiw always