Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for new host in Europe

Hi we are looking for a new host with servers in Europe. Currently we have the bronze package from Eukhost but we've had problems with reliability.

We need a very reliable host in Europe preferably that has 24/7 live chat support (seems to be hard to find in Europe), cpanel, mySQL, php, nothing super tough. I've been researching some, anyone have thoughts on ExcellentHost or StableHost? There also seem to be more limits on things like add-on domains for Euro hosts, is this pretty typical? Many US hosts offer unlimited domains and such.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Are you looking to be on the same budget as you currently on or a new budget?

I would recommend EZPZhosting, not sure if they have 24/7 live chat support. Search for reviews on WHT, you should find some.
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

Which are your needs in space/bandwidth? budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by AeonCube View Post
    Are you looking to be on the same budget as you currently on or a new budget?
    The budget could go up a little as long as the reliability/ support is great. I would say around $10 or less/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Which are your needs in space/bandwidth? budget?
    We are looking for around 40GB bandwidth and 2GB space. Could probably do with less (our current plan is much less) but this would be good. Around $10US or less per month. Thanks.

eUKhost is the only UK provider I know of that has TRUE 24/7/365 Live Chat support.

What sort of problems have you been getting with eUKhost? Also are you UK based? If so, you only need Live Chat between around hours 7am - 2am ish
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    eUKhost is the only UK provider I know of that has TRUE 24/7/365 Live Chat support.

What sort of problems have you been getting with eUKhost? Also are you UK based? If so, you only need Live Chat between around hours 7am - 2am ish
    Wow that's interesting, would have thought there would be more. We are based in the US but have a lot of sites focused on the European market so like to have a server there.

The problem is that hyperspin is saying the server is down several times a day. They (eukhost) say it is because of the server reloading but we have lots of other hosts and this is the only one that we get up and down messages from hyperspin several times every single day. So we would be more comfortable finding a different host.

Quote Originally Posted by cblaze View Post
    Wow that's interesting, would have thought there would be more.
    Me too.

We are based in the US but have a lot of sites focused on the European market so like to have a server there.
    Ok. That makes sense.

The problem is that hyperspin is saying the server is down several times a day. They (eukhost) say it is because of the server reloading but we have lots of other hosts and this is the only one that we get up and down messages from hyperspin several times every single day. So we would be more comfortable finding a different host.
    It could be eUKhost's firewall blocking Hyperspin IPs. I add Pingdom IPs to CSF firewall to avoid false positives. eUKhost may just be having lots of users abusing their servers like you say though. Only they will know real reason.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

People may say unlimited,
    However after 'in-depth testing' I've found most aren't.

LiveChat is useless for tech support. The higher end hosts don't cater to such nonsense. Their clients tend to be corporations, larger companies, serious freelancers, etc. -- people who don't have time to piddle around in a chat window any more than the host does. The ticket system provides documentation and is sufficient.

I use EuroVPS because of their hardware, network and support quality.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    LiveChat is useless for tech support.
    Why do you think so?
    I prefer to use a host with live chat. The quality of the live chat support depends on the company itself.

LiveChat is useless for tech support.
    Not for general queries it isn't. Usually best to submit ticket if there's a big issue. Live Chat is great for Sales.

LiveChat is useless for tech support. The higher end hosts don't cater to such nonsense. Their clients tend to be corporations, larger companies, serious freelancers, etc. -- people who don't have time to piddle around in a chat window any more than the host does. The ticket system provides documentation and is sufficient.

I use EuroVPS because of their hardware, network and support quality.
    Find that a bit negative, i surely believe some of the largest providers DO have livechat, but mostly only for sales. Although its great if those can answer simple queries as well.

I do totally agree with the ticket system being a better way to deal with support as well, not only it documents the issues but also archives it for later reference. And it keeps the questions to the point. Sometimes however its easier to guide a client step by step in a chat session, but i believe a provider should be able to identify these customers and work with them, i.e. by means of a temporary chat session.

But if a client wants 24x7 chat support; he just will find that in europe things are not the same as in the US, while most providers do offer 24x7 support (or at least emergency support) its often not by means of online chat. And if the OP finds some i am sure he will come here and tell us all about it (good or bad)

Hello,

Are you looking for Reseller Hosting / Shared hosting?
    " Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. "

That's the mark of a true professional !

You could have a look a LeaseWeb with servers in the Netherlands.
    It's a very big webhosting provider with good reputation.

http://www.leaseweb.com/en/other-ser.../linux-hosting

Tom Tomson
    IP.MN - the fast and easy way to check your IP Number

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Not for general queries it isn't. Usually best to submit ticket if there's a big issue. Live Chat is great for Sales.
    That's definitely true - it's hard to do support through live chat for a couple of different reasons. You have to do a lot of verification in order to ensure that it is actually the customer, and then once you get down to talking about the issue it's hard to thoroughly communicate through just a window. Not to mention with it being called "live chat" customers tend to be a lot less patient than they are with ticket systems.

And sometimes Support issues turn into Sales.

Have you considered Eukhost or WebhostingUK?

Quote Originally Posted by rllunzmann View Post
    Have you considered Eukhost or WebhostingUK?
    Have you read the OPs post before posting?

Hi we are looking for a new host with servers in Europe. Currently we have the bronze package from Eukhost but we've had problems with reliability.

What locations in Europe are you considering?
    ~ Webair Managed Cloud Servers ~ Dedicated Servers ~ Advanced CDN Network ~ Enterprise / Managed Hosting ~ ICANN Accredited Registrar ~ Multiple Data Center Locations - New York, Amsterdam, LA, & Montreal ~
    ~ SKYPE/AIM: WebairGH - TWITTER - @WEBAIRINC - EMAIL: sales@webair.com

I would agree with the comments about a ticket system being more useful than live chat for support. I have not seen many (if any at all) large web hosts that use a live chat for support, let alone for sales.

I guess it is a lot more common in the United States/Canada though.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Sometimes however its easier to guide a client step by step in a chat session, but i believe a provider should be able to identify these customers and work with them, i.e. by means of a temporary chat session.
    Or pick up a phone. Remember those?

When I have had complex issues, hosts have called me to go over details.
    No, not me calling them -- they called me! It wasn't a local call, either.
    LiveChat is too much "Hold on, let me check" and not a good use of time.
    LiveChat is non-productive in an age that values productivity.

I don't think it's negative at all -- it's realistic.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Or pick up a phone. Remember those?

When I have had complex issues, hosts have called me to go over details.
    No, not me calling them -- they called me! It wasn't a local call, either.
    LiveChat is too much "Hold on, let me check" and not a good use of time.
    LiveChat is non-productive in an age that values productivity.

I don't think it's negative at all -- it's realistic.

Well i understand the phone, but i also understand that if you work a lot with foreigners and especially in europe their spoken English is not always great or understandable, an online chat could be better in those cases. Same counts for clients, we have plenty who use google translate to chat or send tickets; not always great, but after you once tried to call them you know how awkward such a call can get.

The Hold on and let me check type of messages are often because of employees with no knowledge about the business or the clients but seen those enough, as well in chats as on the phone (please hold on while we transfer you.. )

I think all has their pro's and con's and a good provider knows when to choose the right tool to work with its customers, if its a ticket, live chat or phone call.
    Last edited by 040Hosting; 05-10-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    I think all has their pro's and con's and a good provider knows when to choose the right tool to work with its customers, if its a ticket, live chat or phone call.
    Exactly, a lot of things can be dealt with much easier on chat within seconds/minutes. And it's just easier for the client to pop on chat rather than they have to login to the system and type all of the ticket out as if it was an email, and then have to wait for the ticket replies to go back and forth until the issue has been solved/request has been done.

If I know from the off or during the chat it would be best submitted in a ticket I will just tell the client that and say something like "Would it be ok for me to get back to you about this?" and then email them once the issue has been solved/request has been done.

No complaints so far, so far so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast