* Another Semoweb Review

I had been grateful that I have chosen semoweb to host my sites until now...

UPTIME
    Ever since last month, the server which my sites are located has been constantly down, their servers turned from sweet to sour, which I do not appreciate at all. My clients have been emailing me asking what the problem was and they are really annoyed. What can I do, I'm just a reseller that doesn't have control.

SERVER LOAD
    Server load sometimes reaches 30.

But on the other hand...

SUPPORT
    Ticket response time is faster than before, I get a reply within 10 minutes.

WHEN I NEEDED A BACKUP
    When WHMCS automatically deleted my client's site, they were there to restore the recent backup. I really appreciate that, especially Dustin. Thanks for that again.

But since they offer cheap reseller plans, I cannot complain. Other than it being constantly down, I really like Semoweb because of its kind staffs, and their hosting features. I really do hope that they will find a solution to this problem. I really do hope.

You can read previous reviews I have done for semoweb:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7185867
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1025337

Quote Originally Posted by Ang C View Post
    Me too.

UPTIME
    Ever since last month, the server which my sites are located has been constantly down, their servers turned from sweet to sour, which I do not appreciate at all. My clients have been emailing me asking what the problem was and they are really annoyed. What can I do, I'm just a reseller that doesn't have control.

SERVER LOAD
    I don't have face this problem recently.

SUPPORT

But since they offer cheap reseller plans, I cannot complain.

Which server are your sites placed?

I am on server 9.

Contact them about the load issue. They should either fix it, or move you to another server. Those loads are simply too high.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by chhit View Post
    I am on server 9.
    Then we're on the same servers, I don't get it why you said you didn't face any server issue while there was. I received emails from pingdom and other sites like that that either the site is down or the site loads very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    Contact them about the load issue. They should either fix it, or move you to another server. Those loads are simply too high.
    I did, they said they have been monitoring it. Right now, it hasn't been up to 20. Hopefully they would be able to make the load of sites even quicker.

I'm also on server9, and I've had my site go down for a few hours each day for the past 3 days. I've had a Semoweb account for months, but only late last week did I actually develop anything there of importance, and start to track server uptime in detail. Not sure if it's an exception or the norm.

(The site probably would have been in use by now, had it not gone down for 3-4 hours over the weekend, preventing me from working on it as planned. Still just test posts and dummy content right now. Oh well, not a big issue for me, I just did something else with my time.)

They seem to be replying within 30 minutes to tickets, and addressing it shortly thereafter. Although I am curious how nobody there seems to notice until a ticket is put in. Not tracking the server uptime?

Good hosts are not problem-free. Rather, good hosts know how to address problems.

Not a complaint.
    Not worried about it just yet.

Just a confirmation observation.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I have no idea. I have around 10 websites there and I work on that everyday. Just there was a small problem this afternoon.

Right this minute, Server Load = 5.62 (4 cpus). Site loading is sluggish, though not yet what I'd call slow. I think somebody is just being abusive to resources. CMS users really need to cache their sites, but too few do. I wish hosts would enforce caching, or insist uncached sites go to a VPS.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Well if there are only 4 cores and the server is hitting a load of 30 that is definitely going to cause some problems. Just out of curiosity, since all of you are getting fast responses from their support, what is their explanation for all of the downtime and problems with the server?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Well I got this as a reply:
    We are working on a solution to make our server support hot chassis so in the future if any drives are replaced no downtime will be required the slowness you faced was due to raid rebuild.
    And

Thanks for your patience. The server is still having some issues and we are working on fully mitigating the attack. Your websites should be available for the most part, but if you still see small outages here and there, it is normal. Our system administrators are working on remedying the issue. Since the attack is on the large scale, it is taking some time. Please continue to hold on.

I apologize for this and you should at no time feel regretful that you have chosen us were quite serious about up time and satisfying our clients.

UPTIME

Ang we deeply apologize the SATA cables had went bad and was causing performance issues so the DC decided to proceed with an investigation to the root cause once a ticket was submitted by the techs. I would like to apologize for the hardware failure and also for the fact you valued clients were never informed of the maintenance how ever like I said it was something that they decided to proceed with to improve the performance and decided it would be best to take the server offline unscheduled. Once again I apologize as well as the SemoWeb Team.

SERVER LOAD

I never seen it this high but cant argue the fact that it would have been high either as when the server came back online the RAID was verifying which is a low priority and cause high IO and load issues on a live server, I would like to apologize for the issues caused as I understand you are a reseller and you also have clients under you clueless of the issues going on due to our lack not informing any one on this emergency maintenance.

I physically logged into SSH and checked a few things and things all seem to have subsided for now if at any time you face more issues from here on out please let us know we will be here for you.

But on the other hand...

SUPPORT

Great things should be like this

WHEN I NEEDED A BACKUP
    When WHMCS automatically deleted my client's site, they were there to restore the recent backup. I really appreciate that, especially Dustin. Thanks for that again.

You're very welcome you and all other clients should feel and know that we do back up clients accounts offsite daily, weekly,monthly and we happily restore them at no cost if issues and accidents happen.

But since they offer cheap reseller plans, I cannot complain. Other than it being constantly down, I really like Semoweb because of its kind staffs, and their hosting features. I really do hope that they will find a solution to this problem. I really do hope.

It doesn't matter what you pay to be honest, your expectations should be high regardless as we strive to provide the best service possible. People seem to think because a provider offers very low cost resellers you should expect this WRONG here at SemoWeb its a different you should be receiving top quality support/service regardless of the price.

You can read previous reviews I have done for semoweb:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7185867
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1025337

I do remember those and your experience should continue like this and please let the team and I know if your expectations continue to not being met we will defiantly work something out.

Sincerest apologies,

Dustin
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Well I got this as a reply:

And
    Ang,

We did have an inbound attack on Server1UK for an inbound attack our team has been mitigating it and the DC as well has been working on it. We understand the importance of our clients so we passed the information onto the dc so they could avoid as much as possible null routing the server. At no time it was and we worked effortlessly to mitigate it.

For hot swap I am aware that server 30 now supports this.
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Thank you Dustin for explaining. Much appreciated.

Thank you Dustin for explaining. Much appreciated.
    Ang,

You're very welcome and once again I apologize for all the issues you and everyone else has witnessed.

We will continue to monitor and better our service that we provide.

Why is semoweb's live chat off-line during regular business hours?

Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    Why is semoweb's live chat off-line during regular business hours?
    Hello,

We really haven't had anyone assigned to it, its only for sales which can be reached by ticket. A lot of customers believed it was our support channel and about 99.9% of sales are tickets anyway.

If your trying to reach sales you can give us a ring or contact sales via ticket .