Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    Cogent is not so bad as you say, inside Europe they even have some of the best traffic paths and shortest routes.
    It may well be that they have some of the best traffic paths and shortest routes for some subset of all Internet routes, but they very much have some of the most congested and convoluted paths on this planet.

Their interconnects are not overloaded, you can even look it up yourself if you are an customer. Peering is good, with all bigger endcustomer ISPs in Europe and most Exchange points.
    Reality is quite the opposite. I have both the scars to prove it and Cogent's confirmation in writing that they are congested.

Cogent is certainly not as bad as you say, and i doubt that you really tested every aspect of their network.
    Don't be silly. Of course I have not tested EVERY aspect of their network, only those parts which I have traffic to. This, however, includes all major European eyeball networks.

All being said and done, if it works for you, more power to you.

- Zed

but they very much have some of the most congested and convoluted paths on this planet.
    Well, I guess you can say that about every Tier1 and Tier2....

All being said and done, if it works for you, more power to you.
    We currently have no Cogent traffic, but rely on Level3 instead

Rackedge, another Leaseweb provider, advertises a multitude of 100TB packages under 500 euros. Strangely enough none of these offers are on their website and the latest news are from 2008...

Please chime in if you have any experience with this latest addition to my list:
    http://www.rackedge.com

Another update on TigerDC. Their newest servers support a massive 192GB of RAM! Now that's some serious hardware! In addition, TigerDC offers bonded 1GEs which means that you can burst up to 2 Gbps on most packages!

- Zed

The newest addition to my list is Altushost. They have a 100TB advert in the offers section which does not show up on their website. Any feedback or reviews would be welcome.

http://altushost.com

- Zed

Altushost was known as a warez hosting provider for mainly german customers with anonymous payment methods, on server.lu network - with questionable stability.

Just as info.

We just wanted to clear up we are not resellers.

We have invested hundreds of thousands on our own HP/DELL servers, Juniper EX3200 switches, and Cisco 6500 Series Catalysts that provide the bandwidth.

We just bulk buy bandwidth from EvoSwitch (who just happen to be owned by OCOM, who also own Leaseweb).
    1Gbps Dedicated Servers - 1GigE (1000Mbit) Dedicated port.
    Unmetered Bandwidth | Instant Setup Dedicated Servers, Xen & OpenVZ VPS
    100% Owned Equipment
    - EvoSwitch, Netherlands
    www.RapidSpeeds.com

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds View Post
    We just bulk buy bandwidth from EvoSwitch (who just happen to be owned by OCOM, who also own Leaseweb).
    As far as i know, Evoswitch does not sell bandwidth themselves. And i am pretty sure of that.
    Do you mean: we buy bandwidth from carriers in Evoswitch instead?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

A few in your list are reselling Leaseweb, so getting it directly from them should be much cheaper
    www.qirus.eu - Dedicated & virtual servers - Colocation

Month-to-month contract - No setup fees - High quality servers and network

They are all the same company, it doesn't matter what you call them.

The same employees work in both the EvoSwitch building and the Leaseweb building (which is also the OCOM building).

You are right though, the AS belongs to LeaseWeb, but our equipment is done through EvoSwitch, and IP blocks mounted via OCOM... strange, but as I said, they are the the same people working for the same places.
    1Gbps Dedicated Servers - 1GigE (1000Mbit) Dedicated port.
    Unmetered Bandwidth | Instant Setup Dedicated Servers, Xen & OpenVZ VPS
    100% Owned Equipment
    - EvoSwitch, Netherlands
    www.RapidSpeeds.com

Thanks for the clarification. In other news, Netrouting joins the 100TB party.

http://www.netrouting.nl/

I think versaweb.com was another one but they ran out of stock. And about redstation, avoid them at all costs, their 100TB/150TB offers are bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by zeduser View Post
    I
    Bit over 500€
    http://www.swiftway.net/

It'd be great if you could help me find more German or UK hosters in particular. Any country off the beaten path is also very much welcome.
    Update on that pricing.
    We will soon launch a program that will push down our 100TB specials as we are expecting a lot of network upgrades in the near future.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

You are looking into whole Europe or Western only?
    ServerAstra.com website / e-mail: info @ serverastra.com
    HU/EU Co-Location / Managed and Unmanaged Cloud & Dedicated servers in Hungary with unmetered connections

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    Update on that pricing.
    We will soon launch a program that will push down our 100TB specials as we are expecting a lot of network upgrades in the near future.
    Can you bring them down close to 100TB or LeaseWeb levels and on monthly payment? That would be amazing if you could do that, looking forward to seeing your new offers.

Quote Originally Posted by chasebug View Post
    Can you bring them down close to 100TB or LeaseWeb levels and on monthly payment? That would be amazing if you could do that, looking forward to seeing your new offers.
    I think you will be very surprised - but we will probably bring them down to those levels and beat them on hardware specifications. Maybe we will do a prelaunch WHT special to asses the amount of interest in such servers.
    We already decided that we will not impose restrictions on content, unless it is illegal. So CDN and Streaming media will be allowed.

I think versaweb.com was another one but they ran out of stock.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Versaweb based in the US? I'm looking for European hosts.

And about redstation, avoid them at all costs, their 100TB/150TB offers are bogus.
    True that.

- Zed

Quote Originally Posted by ENELIS View Post
    You are looking into whole Europe or Western only?
    I'm interested in whole of Europe and nearby locations.

- Zed

Altushost was known as a warez hosting provider for mainly german customers with anonymous payment methods, on server.lu network - with questionable stability.

Just as info.
    This is total untrue.
    AltusHost provides services on own hardware on 2 different locations: Sweden and Netherlands.

"mainly german customers with anonymous payment methods"
    not sure where you got this fake info neither. We serve over 5000 clients world wide, since 2008.
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers & Managed Hosting that your business can depend on.
    // Multiple Locations: Netherlands | Sweden | Bulgaria | Switzerland
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    This is total untrue.
    AltusHost provides services on own hardware on 2 different locations: Sweden and Netherlands.

"mainly german customers with anonymous payment methods"
    not sure where you got this fake info neither. We serve over 5000 clients world wide, since 2008.
    Yea.... check your clients.
    I know that (now) 50%+ of your clients are germans hosting warez content - i have 100% proof for this and logs going back til 2007 when you were still small/non existent and advertising in the warez forums like Raidrush and Gulli.
    So keep your language low and dont try to escape your history or i leak all of this to the internet, including your old customer database.
    Just googling your name reveals your shady past (and current) deals.

I was the one exposing your old Belize IPs back then, and gettign root.lu to give me your informations - just so you know that i totally WILL do this.
    Last edited by WW_P; 11-26-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeduser View Post
    1Gbps dedicated server hosters in Europe, be they of the flatrate or 100TB kind
    There's a _LOT_ of difference between 1Gb/s and 300Mb/s though ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

maybe try OVH... they seem to be well priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post
    Yea.... check your clients.
    I know that (now) 50%+ of your clients are germans hosting warez content - i have 100% proof for this and logs going back til 2007 when you were still small/non existent and advertising in the warez forums like Raidrush and Gulli.
    So keep your language low and dont try to escape your history or i leak all of this to the internet, including your old customer database.
    Just googling your name reveals your shady past (and current) deals.

I was the one exposing your old Belize IPs back then, and gettign root.lu to give me your informations - just so you know that i totally WILL do this.
    Wow, server.lu did hang over information about their customers just like that, with no need for a court order or anything?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12