Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Web hosting for 3-4$

Hi can someone suggest me a good web host for 3-4$ PM . Should be unlimited bandwidth and space also unlimited.

Thanks!

First off Unlimited does not exist. I would suggest looking in the advertising section here under shared hosts and you might also check http://webhostdir.com under the heading of cheap hosts.
    As has been said many times around here "You often get what you pay for" so it's buyer beware when shopping for discount hosting.
    Good luck
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

There is no such thing as unlimited. In case you think it does exist - buy an unlimited hard disk drave or unlimited tires for your car.The question is what do you really need. If you have your first site and are unsure about space and bandwith - go for simple basic plan at any reputable host. If you already have site with big traffic - shared account may not help, you may need your own server (but that's much more than 3-4$). It also depends on the nature of the site: adult, warez hosting is usually expensive.
    My reccomendations:if you could afford 5$ instead of 4$, you may want to go with Totalchoicehosting. As I am not allowed to reccomend hosts I did not host with - I can't give further reccomendations.

I do not recommend unlimited disk space hosting at all. They are overselling their resources and you'll probably end up moving into a new host again because of too much downtime for cheap hosts.

How is hostgator? They are giving it for 3.95$ PM if you take 3 yrs plan.

Can I ask, why do you need unlimited hosting?

What type of website you will host there?
    RackNap
    Business Automation Platform for Web Hosting and Cloud Solution Providers

Quote Originally Posted by RakeshG View Post
    I've used hostgator and found them to be very good. Of course I was also paying $14.95 per month. As was stated it depends on your needs. If you are planning a forum or gaming site with a lot of users on site at one time, or a wordpress site with a lot of plugins you may need more than basic service.

if you have a site that is largely informational you may be best with a discount host provided you can find one that has good up time and a decent support system.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Do you really need those unlimited space and bandwidth? What kind of website(s) are you going to host?
    Please ask HostGator and read their TOS regarding that unlimited terms, before you sign up, just be sure you won't be suspended for abusing their resources.
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Try SpeedySparrow. They have a fairly good rep. around here... and their basic plan starts in your price range.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

FatCow is $3.67/mo, Unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth, FREE Domain Name.

If you want unlimited be sure to read the TOS from start to end, as you'll probably find its not so unlimited after all... just a marketting ploy.

Good luck with the search.

If you have unlimited number of files to store or host, then you go for unlimited hosting.

It sounds to me like you are fairly new to web hosting, so I definitely do not recommend signing up with hostgator (or any host) for three years in advance. In addition, if you are looking for a solid service, I recommend staying away from companies claiming to offer unlimited diskspace/bandwidth (it will save you some potential headaches down the road).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Yeah until you reach the number of inodes (which is stated in there TOS) then they shut the account down for this violation, or they email you and ask you to reduce the content.

Like I said above be sure to read the TOS very carefully before going with an unlimited everything host.

Make an effort and estimate your monthly traffic and space usage, you could get a better host on limited plans.
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA and UK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

To have 100% TRUE unlimited diskspace and bandwidth you would need an unlimited budget.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    To have 100% TRUE unlimited diskspace and bandwidth you would need an unlimited budget.
    but a budget is never unlimited so there's no unlimited resources either
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA and UK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWebHost-Claudiu View Post
    but a budget is never unlimited so there's no unlimited resources either
    Now that's just being too technical.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

You'd be surprised about how little space a blog, forum, or most websites use. If you plan on running something small blog or forum then you really don't unlimited specs. 10GB should be plenty for small forum or blog.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Don't go for ''unlimited'' hosting go for a host which clearly mentions what you'll get for the amount of money you are paying for it.
    SolidSRV Internet Solutions | OVH France HQ
    Unmetered Bandwidth with every server
    sales@solidsrv.com | +31 233-020-200

Did you end up finding hosting within budget?

Hi can someone suggest me a good web host for 3-4$ PM . Should be unlimited bandwidth and space also unlimited.

Thanks!
    I am sure you are from India. You can book from Tssin.com

Thanks for all useful replies. I was off for few days as was unwell. I want to start a blog so space is not the issue but the bandwidth should be unlimited because I cant estimate the traffic.

Thanks for all useful replies. I was off for few days as was unwell. I want to start a blog so space is not the issue but the bandwidth should be unlimited because I cant estimate the traffic.
    If it is a new blog, you won't really need much more than 10GB of Bandwidth. Why not start out low and then grow with the requirements, you are never going to require an unlimited amount of data transfer to run a small blog and your limits surely won't be significant if your traffic is minimal to begin with.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast