Castle Pines, CO

Slow Cooking a Pot Roast

If I remember right, there were a couple of pretty good cooks on here and I was hoping for a little advice.

I have a 24 oz Bison pot roast, and I would like to slow cook it in the oven. Doing web searches is difficult so I thought I would ask here to see what some people have to say.

Houston, TX
    I would recommend googling recommend bison cooking temp... then proceed to season and slow cook the roast on 350 degrees in a covered roasting pan in the oven. Cook it for about 45-60 minutes then check its temp every 10 mins till its done.

To make yourself look like you did a lot of work with no effort, throw in some chopped up carrot, onion, and small red potato with the roast. Add 15 to your cooking time and enjoy when it all comes out perfect together.
    Andy Salazar - Steadfast Networks: Cloud, Dedicated and Colocation
    Email: andy.salazar - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    DC Locations: 350 E Cermak, 725 S Wells Chicago IL and Edison NJ

I would really suggest a crockpot on high for an hour then turning it down to low for 4-5 hours. This can also be done in the oven if you don't have a crock pot. Simply start at 350-400 degrees for an hour then turn down to 200-250 to slow cook it.

I would start the bison roast and add some garlic, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, some sea salt, and a medium size chopped onion. (personally I would add about a cup of red wine too)

Once you turn it down to low I would add carrots, red potato, and another vegetable (like some corn or broccoli or cauliflower)

Let it cook another 3-4 hours or until almost done. In the last half hour or so I would add some celery stalks and some bell peppers. Adding these at the end will stop them from getting too soft and they won't lose their color.
    Last edited by MichelleH; 05-09-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks