Any ideas where I could get server like this ?

I'm looking for a server with supermicro H8SCM-F(or similar)
    amd opteron 4170he or ee series but I recon ee series are out of my budget. 8Gb ECC rdimm ram. SuperChassis 815TQ-R450. I will be getting hdd's from a local supplier.

If anyone knows that the mainboard doesnt support raid 1 on centos please let me know, google was too vague for my liking.

Also if anyone knows of a 1 socket c32 mainboard barebone that comes with a redundant psu let me know also.
    I would be looking to purchase in about 1 month.

Thank you,
    Seb.

Are you looking for motherboard raid? If you are using centos you should look into software raid. Correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe software raid will give you better performance than MB raid. You also don't have to worry about if the board has raid support or not.

I do believe software raid will give you better performance than MB raid
    Uh no, completely wrong.
    HW Raid is always faster, at least at Raid 5/6 and 1. (Thus also in 10 and so on) - Performanc ein Raid 0 is pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    Uh no, completely wrong.
    HW Raid is always faster, at least at Raid 5/6 and 1. (Thus also in 10 and so on) - Performanc ein Raid 0 is pretty much the same.
    For raid 5 and 6 usually, but 1 and 0 it depends on the controller. If you ask me, software raid is more cost effective for the latter.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Uh no, completely wrong.
    I don't think that's what he meant...
    Software raid will out perform the onboard raid controller w/ a decent cpu.

6. Quote Originally Posted by vertek View Post
    I'm looking for a server with supermicro H8SCM-F(or similar)
    amd opteron 4170he or ee series but I recon ee series are out of my budget. 8Gb ECC rdimm ram. SuperChassis 815TQ-R450. I will be getting hdd's from a local supplier.

If anyone knows that the mainboard doesnt support raid 1 on centos please let me know, google was too vague for my liking.

Also if anyone knows of a 1 socket c32 mainboard barebone that comes with a redundant psu let me know also.
    I would be looking to purchase in about 1 month.

Thank you,
    Seb.
    the H8SCM-F (ATX form factor) should fit the mew SC813MTQ-R400CB chassis just fine. supermicro doesn't make a superserver barebone with this combination, but you should be able put one together pretty easy.

"on-board" RAID is not a hardware raid solution, it's a "HostRAID" (form of software RAID) at best and usually it works with windows OS only. for CentOS, you rather use OS software RAID (md.ko) by setting on-board SATA controller to AHCI mode which also supports hot-swap/hot-plug functions.

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    I do believe software raid will give you better performance than MB raid. You also don't have to worry about if the board has raid support or not.
    Yes, Software RAID with a good CPU will out perform the on board motherboard raid I believe aswell

Uh no, completely wrong.
    Eh -

DME was referring to MB Raid = Motherboard Raid, Not Hardware Raid