looking for dedicated on demand cloud + colo

Hi,

can anyone recommend a company who offers a combination of colocating of my own server with dedicated-resources cloud servers on per-hour billing?

atlantic.net offer what I'm looking for, but I need more options to choose from.

-- vlad

This also seems what you want http://www.voxel.net/voxservers

Quote Originally Posted by vladm View Post
    can anyone recommend a company who offers a combination of colocating of my own server with dedicated-resources cloud servers on per-hour billing?
    No-one's going to "share" the resources of your colocated server :p

Can you be more specific about what you're looking to acheive ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I need a so-called "hybrid cloud" setup with two components:
    1. one or two dedicated / colocated servers - to keep DB and some core system components
    2. ability to bring up/down cloud servers to handle pikes of load. Cloud servers must be
    - in the same dataceter
    - with dedicated hardware resources
    - needed on demand with per-hour billing model.

There are several companies who offer such functionality. The problem is that either their pricing for dedicated servers are way too high and no option for colocation (like gogrid) OR they don't offer on damand / per-hour rate for cloud servers.

Talking from the standpoint of a partner to Voxel, they do have cloud servers + dedicated servers together. Combine them and you're still OK on the entire cloud. As per your requirements... you could use your Dedicated Server + their Cloud. Bandwidth could be shared with the Cloud from your monthly total on your Dedicated.

They don't really have PER HOUR billing but they do have PER MINUTE billing. Ain't that somewhat better than PER HOUR? Lol.

As for Colo on this, if you really want I could check it out for you. Would be to my advantage as well coz I'd be getting to know more.

They do have Colo but I don't know if you could combine your own server with their cloud. That kinda is going to be really messy if they really do allow it. I doubt that it will be possible but I could still try asking.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

just chatted with voxel - they can combine colo and cloud, but one have to rent the whole rack for that. I only need 1-2 servers.

Cool...

Then again, usually what a Partner could do is different from what you could get from them directly. LOL.

Do you really need to Colo the servers? Why not just rent it from them instead? I am sure that is something which could be done too, right? Do you specifically need to Colo?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Welltodo Century

well, I need to have at least one dedicated server next to the cloud. When I configure a dedicated server on voxel.com (nothing outrages), its monthly price comes to a ridiculous amount. It probably covers hardware cost in 4-5 month term. Since I'm looking for a long-term setup, this option is not in our best interest.

vladm, are you looking for a Budget provider perhaps? There is a HUGE difference between a Budget provider and also a Premium provider. Services and etc are also different. Since you've never tried their services before, you may not know but once you've tried it, you might change your words
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century