[Newbie] Question About Dedicated Server

I am looking into purchasing my first dedicated server from HiVelocity. I have been using a VPS for almost two years and am not really good at judging if the specs can handle what I would like them two. My VPS I am leaving has nodes with these specs.

• Dual Intel Six Core E5660 Processors
    • RAID10 10k
    • SAS Storage
    • 32GB DDR3 Memory

I am able to access everything equally except limited to one gig of ram.

The server I am looking at has the specs below.

• 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
    • 2GB DDR2
    • 500GB SATAII
    • 3TB (3,000GB) Transfer / 100Mbps Port
    • 6 IPs
    • Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 64 Bit
    • Remote Reboot Enabled
    • $132.00 Montlhy

Would I really notice a gain by having dedicated hardware instead of sharing a massively powerful node? Also how powerful exactly would the above server be, I host quite a few sites, voice servers, ftp, backups, and the occasional game server. I know purchasing a very high-end VPS would be way better but I have yet to experience running a Windows dedicated server and would like to add it to my knowledge base along with Linux.

Miami, FL
    Hello darkflaw,

To tell you the truth, a node does not really matter in this case. What matters is what you are having with them as compared to what you're going to get.

I could have a node with China's Tienhe 1A Supercomputer but if your VPS only has 1 core and 256MB RAM, you're still down to a very very slow VPS anyways.

Comparing a Dedicated Server to a Node is not the right thing to do. The correct thing to do is comparing a Dedicated Server to your VPS Specs. That will give you a better picture.

Having a Windows Dedicated is a lot different from having Linux box. Very very big difference. You'd need a bit more work on a Windows machine as opposed to a Linux box. But then again, I'm sure if you have the heart to learn, you'll do just fine
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century

Decided to take a look at another VPS, so far not really sure, paying almost four times as much and performance and networking seems to be the same. Gained a gig of ram but lost two cores. BlueMile (6 core vps) to Linode (4 core vps). Still considering a dedicated though, gonna feel this vps out for a couple of days.