Linux and Window Hosting

What are the differences between Linux and Window hosting? Which one should I select if I want to host my website or blog? What are the advantages of Linux over Window? Beside these two, is there any other type of hosting?

Many of the more common software are developed for Linux. When it comes to web hosting, here's the rule of thumb I tell my clients.

Unless you specifically need Windows, go with a linux provider.

Most providers, unless specified are on linux platforms.

Linux is cheaper for the end-user and the better choice for the vast majority of modern day web use.

As mentioned above, you would only want to use Windows if you have a Windows specific App or script. However even then, I would suggest finding a Linux equivalent.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

New York
    Unless your site is going to be coded as ASP, I'd recommend that you look for a linux hosting provider - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

majorities of the forums are developed in linux platform, depends on the sort of script you are using, but i will recommend linux