What kind of plan for me

HI everyone
    I am running a medical site with about 100 unique page views and 500 total page views/day.
    I expect this to go upto 1000 total page views in the next few months. Also my site does not use much of graphics and videos, most of it is text and scripts.
    Will the basic hostgator plan work for me or should I buy a business plan

You can check with the host to see if they allow "in place" upgrades. Many do. If they do allow it, start with the basic plan, paying monthly, and upgrade if needed. It sounds like basic shared hosting will work fine.

I'm assuming your site is a medical information site, and you aren't storing medical records, right? If you are storing patient information or planning on having a shopping cart application, etc. then ask HG what they recommend.

You will be comfortable with Hatching Plan. If you are on baby plan stuck with that.

I don't think you have any need to switch to Business plan. Until you want to IP address or SSL.

As has been said, a lower-end solution would be find for you for now.

A shared hosting would still meet your needs for the number of page views you are anticipating

if you can save some money whilst satisfied with the services you are getting, no need to go for business plan

Thanks everyone
    I think Ill start with the hatching plan and see how things go.
    I just hope that I am able to stick with it

Glad you found something suitable,
    Remember to come back and keep us updated with how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    You can check with the host to see if they allow "in place" upgrades. Many do. If they do allow it, start with the basic plan, paying monthly, and upgrade if needed. It sounds like basic shared hosting will work fine.

I'm assuming your site is a medical information site, and you aren't storing medical records, right? If you are storing patient information or planning on having a shopping cart application, etc. then ask HG what they recommend.
    No its just a basic question and answer site, there will be no patient records or such data. I might upload some operative pictures but that will be all. For surgical videos I will be using youtube

Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    No its just a basic question and answer site, there will be no patient records or such data. I might upload some operative pictures but that will be all. For surgical videos I will be using youtube
    You should be fine with a basic Hostgator plan. Good choice on the hosting. Best of luck with the site.

There's no problem to go with, also you can upgrade any time if it's required.

HI everyone
    I am running a medical site with about 100 unique page views and 500 total page views/day.
    I expect this to go upto 1000 total page views in the next few months. Also my site does not use much of graphics and videos, most of it is text and scripts.

Almost any reliable shared hosting will work for you, I am assuming you don't have a heavy database powering the website.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

HI everyone
    I will suggest you to have cheap VPS from Hostmonster.

If you are not facing loading or any other problem then you should continue with your current plan. It is not a wise decision to change without any reason.

HI everyone

Looks like you will only have to upgrade if you require a dedicated IP cause im not sure if they offer once on the small plan.

You don't have more data base but still you should have a VPS as you are saying page views will increase .You can find cheap VPS at lowend.
    LowVm - Cheap Windows & Linux VPS
    Xen Windows VPS & Linux VPS Provider
    I was born Intelligent but Education ruined me

Fairly basic hosting will do the job. I'd go for shared hosting to begin with. If you find that you're getting more traffic than anticipated you can always upgrade at a later date. There's no point paying for higher quality hosting if you don't need it.