sprint rep for transit quote?

Been trying to get in touch with someone at sprint for a quote on transit. Not getting any call backs or email replies from the website contact form.

Can someone please pm contact details if you know a good rep at Sprint. Resellers need not apply. Tnx!

Thumbs up

Tell them you're going to complain all over WebHostingTalk.com if they don't start replying soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nonprofit-worker View Post
    Tell them you're going to complain all over WebHostingTalk.com if they don't start replying soon.
    I would be surprised if many people at Sprint know or care what WHT is. I don't think they really go after the typical WHT user.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Update : Sprint finally contacted me today from the requests submitted on their website. I'm told that those requests go into a db. Then once every several weeks someone logs in and distributes them amongst the reps. No joke "several weeks". Nice.

Find a telecom broker...they are hungrier!
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

I tried Bandcon and Giglinx. Giglinx wouldn't go under 30 meg commit and we only need a 10.

Bandcon, what a joke. I've read so many good things about them on here all of which were the total opposite of my experience. Perhaps that's because now they're Highwinds, I don't know but my experience was terrible.

Oh and btw - I got better pricing on my own than what Giglinx offered. Like literally 50% less on L3 so far and it's looking like that as well for Vz. On larger commits they might be great on the low end stuff, meh.

Lightbulb

That's because you're looking for 10 Mbit. At such speeds have you considered just connecting your office up with fast internet?

Charter cable for example does support bgp and im sure other business class cable/dsl/fiber also supports such if that's what you need.

I have a 4G verizon phone and I get over 30 Mbit down and 15 Mbit up. You can't connect your office at better speeds? Do you even need colo?

Quote Originally Posted by nonprofit-worker View Post
    That's because you're looking for 10 Mbit. At such speeds have you considered just connecting your office up with fast internet?

Charter cable for example does support bgp and im sure other business class cable/dsl/fiber also supports such if that's what you need.

I have a 4G verizon phone and I get over 30 Mbit down and 15 Mbit up. You can't connect your office at better speeds? Do you even need colo?
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond. But you're making quite a few assumptions. We have a rack of servers which use for managed hosting services. We are building out our own blend in an Equinix facility and looking for fast ethernet port, burstable, with a 10 meg commit. We're starting with a blend of l3, vz, sprint and possibly att. So yup, we need colo and no, it's not an office.

Quote Originally Posted by miliscent View Post
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond. But you're making quite a few assumptions. We have a rack of servers which use for managed hosting services. We are building out our own blend in an Equinix facility and looking for fast ethernet port, burstable, with a 10 meg commit. We're starting with a blend of l3, vz, sprint and possibly att. So yup, we need colo and no, it's not an office.
    10 megs is really not worth it to any big company like that. I mean no disrespect. If places would do 10MB commits, I'd run my own BGP too. I haven't found any tier1's that will deal on a <100MB commit.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    10 megs is really not worth it to any big company like that. I mean no disrespect. If places would do 10MB commits, I'd run my own BGP too. I haven't found any tier1's that will deal on a <100MB commit.
    Maybe you should try a bit harder or be willing to pay a bit more per meg. We're looking for $50/ea on 10 meg commit with $30/ea on the burst. This is on a 100Mb fast ethernet port. L3, Vz and Sprint are all playing ball. Cogent will only go 50 but they're still well below the $500 mrc range because their prices are so low. Heck even ATT would go that low but they're pricing is insane (so far anyway).

Each tier 1 carrier started out insane. You just have to be persistent, patient and talk to the right people. Tell them where you need to be ask them to take your request to their internal special pricing groups.
    Last edited by cheezus; 05-10-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Hey miliscent,

Why don't you just share with those who are in the same building as well? Like for example if ABC company is committing so much to the provider, why don't you just share it with them as well... Paying them a little more and getting the line as well. I'm sure they will take you in.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    Hey miliscent,

Why don't you just share with those who are in the same building as well? Like for example if ABC company is committing so much to the provider, why don't you just share it with them as well... Paying them a little more and getting the line as well. I'm sure they will take you in.
    That's an interesting idea. It presents a few concerns.

The first concern is we wouldn't feel comfortable relying on another company to make sure they pay their bills on time and us being cut off if they didn't.

Second we wouldn't to have to rely on them for troubleshooting the circuit in case of downtime.

Third concern is we plan on having our own ASN and IP space which seems like it would add additional complexity with receiving and announcing routes to that carrier.

Lastly is that in Equinix I would imagine it would be tough finding out who the other customers are in there as that information is usually kept private for security reasons.

I'm sure your 1st concern is not an issue. LOL. Just look for a reliable company to be with. Not those Fly-By-Night companies. Someone who is established.

Second, well... I'm sure if you went with a reliable and bigger company, I'm sure you will not have to worry about this coz if it did happen, they would be on it before you guys would have even known about it. LOL.

Third would be a little problem. Are you trying to get it now? If not, then start out with that and as you grow, slowly move out and get your own, then it would be easy to get the ASN and etc.

If I'm not mistaken I do know a few ppl in Equinix Secaucus I (New Jersey). I'm not too sure if they are up with that idea but if you want, I could ask them for you.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

We're not in secaucus but thank you for the offer. Right now we're using our current DC provider's blend and aren't going through the headache of renumbering customer address space twice. We'll have the equinix rack and our current rack running in parallel. As we get the equnix rack setup and stable we'll slowly move customers over.

Typically most providers require a 20% commit. So that would be 20Meg on a 100Meg link. Or 200Meg on a GigE link.

Some will drop below that (L3 is doing so for us on a GigE) but it will cost you more per Meg.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by david_halliday View Post
    Typically most providers require a 20% commit. So that would be 20Meg on a 100Meg link. Or 200Meg on a GigE link.

Some will drop below that (L3 is doing so for us on a GigE) but it will cost you more per Meg.

Dave.
    I've read that too, on here. However my experience with l3, vz, att, sprint, xo and cogent was different. All but cogent had no problems quoting 10 on a 100. Even l3 went as low as 1 on a 100. cogent would only go 50 on a 100 and I'm told that's a new policy.

I've read that too, on here. However my experience with l3, vz, att, sprint, xo and cogent was different. All but cogent had no problems quoting 10 on a 100. Even l3 went as low as 1 on a 100. cogent would only go 50 on a 100 and I'm told that's a new policy.
    When you're dealing with such tiny numbers, you'll see pricing and policies all over the place.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Quote Originally Posted by david_halliday View Post

Dave.
    10% utilization is what I see most often.

I would be very, very really of running anything Internet facing over a FE port these days. A single flow (legitimate, or not) could easily saturate one of your uplink ports and cause high latency, packet loss, jitter, etc ...
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Why is it necessary to deal direct with tier1? With only 40-50mbit your much better off dealing with a smaller provider. Not only can you find providers that all ready have a mix available but you will also be able to find a provider who can give you a smaller commit on a larger port and for a much better rate. Like Jay said, FE is outdated. Anyone who is serious should be looking at gigabit ports now. I get complaints from customers who can't push over 100mbps sometimes, it is ridiculous, but it is becoming the new standard.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    Why is it necessary to deal direct with tier1? With only 40-50mbit your much better off dealing with a smaller provider. Not only can you find providers that all ready have a mix available but you will also be able to find a provider who can give you a smaller commit on a larger port and for a much better rate. Like Jay said, FE is outdated. Anyone who is serious should be looking at gigabit ports now. I get complaints from customers who can't push over 100mbps sometimes, it is ridiculous, but it is becoming the new standard.
    Our goal is not cheap bandwidth. It's to build a high quality network with the lowest latency / best routes possible and to operate our own ASN/IP space.

Also - We don't just rent servers or hosting plans. We have a very specific niche product that we provide managed hosting for. If a customer is bursting up over a 100 Mbit, they've got other issues that need addressed.

I should probably also note that we monitor and log all our networking gear so we know what our average utilizations and peaks are

And before someone else jumps in here and says "If that's all the more you're using you aren't big enough need your own transit."... I will also add that our growth rate has tripled every month for the last 3 months. We know this is where we'd want to be in < 6 months so we're going to do it now while we're at the end of our current DC contract. Also it's much less painful to do it now than a year later when our contract is up.

I tried Bandcon and Giglinx. Giglinx wouldn't go under 30 meg commit and we only need a 10.

Bandcon, what a joke. I've read so many good things about them on here all of which were the total opposite of my experience. Perhaps that's because now they're Highwinds, I don't know but my experience was terrible.
    I've had both BandCon (2010 - 2011) and Highwinds (just turned up a couple of weeks ago). The Highwinds service has been substantially better in all respects thus far.

And before someone else jumps in here and says "If that's all the more you're using you aren't big enough need your own transit."... I will also add that our growth rate has tripled every month for the last 3 months. We know this is where we'd want to be in < 6 months so we're going to do it now while we're at the end of our current DC contract. Also it's much less painful to do it now than a year later when our contract is up.
    Arin are getting more and more picky on their initial allocations. You'll need a fully utilized /23 with of IP space from your colo and two signed and inked contracts with upstreams. You may run into a chicken/egg issue if you don't have the current utilization; based on your bandwidth utilization I'd be surprised if you did but I'm usually wrong
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

did you got your solution?
    Update : Sprint finally contacted me today from the requests submitted on their website. I'm told that those requests go into a db. Then once every several weeks someone logs in and distributes them amongst the reps. No joke "several weeks". Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FastServ View Post
    Arin are getting more and more picky on their initial allocations. You'll need a fully utilized /23 with of IP space from your colo and two signed and inked contracts with upstreams. You may run into a chicken/egg issue if you don't have the current utilization; based on your bandwidth utilization I'd be surprised if you did but I'm usually wrong
    More assumptions Thank you for the info. We are aware of that and currently have 2 x /24's assigned to us. The first is 100% utilized and the second is at 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by humawebdesign View Post
    did you got your solution?
    Working on it. We had two reps contact us, one from on here and another from the website, within 24 hours of each other. They are providing contradicting information so we're still sorting through the BS.

More assumptions
    Cool you got your ducks lined up but others might benefit from knowing what's involved.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

Quote Originally Posted by FastServ View Post
    Cool you got your ducks lined up but others might benefit from knowing what's involved.
    No doubt. I've learned a great deal on here from much more than just my own threads.

You didn't quote my smily above so I hope you know I wasn't intending to be rude. My apologizes if it sounded that way.