Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Exclamation VPS Reseller vs Reseller VPS

    In your first view or understanding, what does it means by VPS Reseller? and What does it means by Reseller VPS? Talk your opinion here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by simdm80 View Post
    In your first view or understanding, what does it means by VPS Reseller? and What does it means by Reseller VPS? Talk your opinion here.
    I'm quite honestly confused why would you even ask...... to me there both the same..

    Do you think different?

  3. #3
    someone take vps reseller as using a vps, install cpanel and resell shared hosting. the other way round, reseller vps is reselling VPS. But what i thought is the other way round, so just asking you guys.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by simdm80 View Post
    someone take vps reseller as using a vps, install cpanel and resell shared hosting. the other way round, reseller vps is reselling VPS. But what i thought is the other way round, so just asking you guys.
    Hello,

    They are 2 total different things :-p

    Its either a person who simply resells another providers vps product.

    Or someone who simply rents a vps and offers reseller/shared hosting or possibly more such as master resellers and alpha resellers.

    All the best,

    Dustin

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Hello,

    They are 2 total different things :-p

    Its either a person who simply resells another providers vps product.

    Or someone who simply rents a vps and offers reseller/shared hosting or possibly more such as master resellers and alpha resellers.

    All the best,

    Dustin
    so semoweb? which term for you is a product to sell vps, and not get a vps to sell products?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    722
    VPS reseller to me is someone who resells VPS's. Never heard of a reseller VPS.. I'd imagine someone reselling space on a VPS.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by simdm80 View Post
    so semoweb? which term for you is a product to sell vps, and not get a vps to sell products?
    I'm confused still, I explained that if you are a VPS Reseller it simply means you sell another providers product and mark it up accordingly.

    Now if you purchase a VPS from a provider and offer your own services and make 100% profit besides the monthly rental fee of the vps than thats totally different than reselling vps.

    Please advise if you have anymore questions.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bee View Post
    VPS reseller to me is someone who resells VPS's. Never heard of a reseller VPS.. I'd imagine someone reselling space on a VPS.
    So reseller VPS for you is a service that can resell a vps space without a dedicated server? Like a reseller hosting?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    141
    For example, host90.com they sell VPS and Dedicated Servers. They also offer someone who is interested to RESELL THEIR VPS Plans. So it's like you're an agent of a beauty product. You get percentage whenever you sell their product.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang C View Post
    For example, host90.com they sell VPS and Dedicated Servers. They also offer someone who is interested to RESELL THEIR VPS Plans. So it's like you're an agent of a beauty product. You get percentage whenever you sell their product.
    Ang C, so what does reseller VPS sounds for you?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    141
    I guess a vps plan with cpanel and whm.

  12. #12
    what do you call a service, which you can create vps by your own needs on the allocated resource?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by simdm80 View Post
    what do you call a service, which you can create vps by your own needs on the allocated resource?
    Traditionally, this would simply be getting a dedicated server. However, certain cloud VPS providers' reseller programs do more/less the same thing as well. As a cloud VPS reseller, you can purchase blocks of resources and create VPSes from that pool as needed. Though, it's not much different from reselling traditional VPSes because you have no reason to pay for resources you haven't sold yet, so you end up with the smallest block initially and then adding more blocks when you actually get orders.

    With a reseller account from VPS.net, you can only sell blocks 1:1 with their offerings, meaning, your package sizes must align with theirs. I believe GigeNET Cloud's reseller offering is a bit more flexible where you simply purchase a block of resources and you're able to create VPSes in whichever size you want. Don't hold me to this because I'm not 100% positive, but feel free to contact their respective sales departments for definitive answers.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by simdm80 View Post
    what do you call a service, which you can create vps by your own needs on the allocated resource?
    Reseller Node

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    Traditionally, this would simply be getting a dedicated server. However, certain cloud VPS providers' reseller programs do more/less the same thing as well. As a cloud VPS reseller, you can purchase blocks of resources and create VPSes from that pool as needed. Though, it's not much different from reselling traditional VPSes because you have no reason to pay for resources you haven't sold yet, so you end up with the smallest block initially and then adding more blocks when you actually get orders.

    With a reseller account from VPS.net, you can only sell blocks 1:1 with their offerings, meaning, your package sizes must align with theirs. I believe GigeNET Cloud's reseller offering is a bit more flexible where you simply purchase a block of resources and you're able to create VPSes in whichever size you want. Don't hold me to this because I'm not 100% positive, but feel free to contact their respective sales departments for definitive answers.
    Yes, sometimes it is not worth to pay for the resources you are not using, but you can create any plan you want, and before going to a dedicated server, they could reduce their risk because compare to a dedicated server, they are paying less right?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by simdm80 View Post
    Yes, sometimes it is not worth to pay for the resources you are not using, but you can create any plan you want, and before going to a dedicated server, they could reduce their risk because compare to a dedicated server, they are paying less right?
    Well there are some limitations. When you decide that you do want to upgrade to a dedicated server, you really can't because all the data is on the provider's node. You need to make sure that they will later on, be willing to give you the data when you leave. Also, as far as I know, you cannot oversell on a VPS Reseller plan.
    Oscar Pan - Beyond All Knowledge - sales{a}beyondallknowledge.com
    Services: Shared Hosting | Virtual Private Servers | VPS Reseller Program
    Locations: Kansas City, MO (Wholesale Internet)
    Quality Hardware | Great Uptime | Quick Support | Friendly Support Team

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    205
    i think VPS Reseller is better
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

    RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 04:07 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 11:50 AM
  4. Reseller Primer to VPS $9.95 Fully Loaded with certian VPS Options Avail
    By ezhostingwizard in forum Reseller Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •