Exclamation Looking for a fair priced dedicated server

Hey guys I run a minecraft server company and currently have 250+ clients and that number is growing daily and im wanting to look into getting dedicated servers and I have done my fair share of looking around and cant find any good ones, what i currently need is atleast 16gig ram and atleast 20 ip addresses, and xeon processors. My budget is about 200 max a server, so my question is anyone know of a good place?

What company is this and do you have any location in mind? 200 dollars, pounds, euros? Please provide more detail?

as RandomMaker said please specify location and currency for your amount
    PraHost.com - Since 2007
    Dedicated Servers - 1GE / 10GE / 25GE / 40GE / 100GE Unmetered Bandwidth | Exclusive Adult & Streaming Friendly Servers
    Data Centers: Netherlands, Germany, UK, Singapore

Your traffic requirements would also help.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMaker View Post
    What company is this and do you have any location in mind? 200 dollars, pounds, euros? Please provide more detail?
    MyMCServ, East coast preferably northern like newyork and 200 dollars, bandwith around 10tb.

Quote Originally Posted by King David View Post
    MyMCServ, East coast preferably northern like newyork and 200 dollars, bandwith around 10tb.
    The biggest issue you'll run into is justification with those IP addresses. You can't say "I'm going to use 20 IP's for Minecraft" hosting and expect ARIN to not notice you.

Also, are you running on Windows or Linux?

What sort of hard disks are you looking for, because Minecraft is VERY I/O intensive at times.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Im looking for a reseller account in Dedicated Servers.Anyone?
    eSpaceHost.com - Web Hosting Solutions in Sri Lanka

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    The biggest issue you'll run into is justification with those IP addresses. You can't say "I'm going to use 20 IP's for Minecraft" hosting and expect ARIN to not notice you.

Also, are you running on Windows or Linux?

What sort of hard disks are you looking for, because Minecraft is VERY I/O intensive at times.
    linux, i dont know everything i was just wondering if anyone can direct me to some sites so i can see some pricing.

OP, try looking at this thread, you might get something from there considering that both you guys wants Minecraft.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1045885
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Try locating where most of you clients are located.

Then decide which DC you want go with.
    More than decade with webhosting!

/me raises eyebrow at a few threads suddenly popping up that all sound near identical.

your idea of fair priced and sane peoples' idea of fair priced are a few hundred dollars off

By experience, Minecraft benefits most from:
    - A very strong CPU core, it isn't multi threaded so needs 1 strong core (i7 or expensive Xeon)
    - RAM disk, minecraft hammers the disk constantly - just be sure to copy the RAM disk to the hard drive because it will obviously be wiped every reboot
    - Lots of RAM, both for the RAM disk as well as the actual java process.

A SSD is good too, but you're better off investing in more RAM instead.
    Snel.com Self-managed hosting provider
    Cloud VPS ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Colocation★
    Send an email to sales@snel.com. Call us at +31 88 3 088 099.

Would suggest checking out limestonenetworks.com - unmanaged dedicated servers in Dallas.

Have a range of different servers, I would suggest getting a higher spec CPU (Xeon) with a stack of RAM and a 100mbps-1000mbps line.

Prices are surprisingly cheap - and they do offer plans of up to 10TB and even more.
    AND, you should probably host more than one server on different ports - they do sell IP blocks, but these can cause your business costs to increase quickly and it's unnecessary.

Stock IP block gives you 5 IP's that you can actually assign things to.

PM me if you want anymore help - i'd be happy to help you out. (Minecraft was a personal hobby of mine for quite some time............. ha.)