Question VPS control via virtuozzo

I've just decided to take a VPS for my websites, so I'm digging this forum for offers and opinions about the most popular companies.

I have a better understanding of the subject now, but I'm still wondering about how to manage a (virtual) server via virtuozzo.

I've found a demo online and it seems the only way to access the server is a SSH shell. Can you confirm that?

San Francisco
    You can do certain functions in Virtuozzo's power panel, but the command line is the standard way of accessing any VPS unless you have a control panel such as cPanel installed.

got it, thanks for the quick reply!

Another way to think about it is that the Virtuozzo power panel handles everything on the "outside" of the box - rebooting, reimaging, etc.

cpanel handles things "inside" the box - services, accounts, etc.

That's not totally accurate because you can manage some system services with the virtuozzo panel, but you get the idea.
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience:

yeah, after playing with another demo for a while I totally got what you can do with it.

One more question, I noticed that usually companies give you webmin as basic panel if you don't opt for cpanel or similar.
    Should I assume webmin is always available on VPS plans even if it's not stated amongst the main features?

Quote Originally Posted by m3xican View Post
    Should I assume webmin is always available on VPS plans even if it's not stated amongst the main features?
    No, contact the company you are about to purchase from if a feature you are looking for is not listed. It will save you a lot of trouble in the long run as some companies do offer VPS's with bare installs. Unless you are willing to install the control panel yourself.