Experienced Sr. PHP Developer required onsite in Chicago
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sr. PHP Developer to join our team full-time at CardRunners, LLC / PASG, LLC (http://www.cardrunners.com & http://www.holdemmanager.com). CardRunners is the leading poker training service for poker enthusiasts and Hold'Em Manager is the leading online poker tracking software. If hired, you will be working in of our Chicago office located at the corner of Lincoln and Fullerton (near Depaul) in Chicago. The perfect candidate will have a genuine passion for development and meeting deadlines.
IMPORTANT: no recruiters or outsource entities. We are seeking a candidate who is living in, or will relocate to, Chicago. Remote candidates will be considered if perfect fit. Code samples will be required.
You will be responsible for:
• Update existing websites / platforms
• Planning implementation on new and upcoming projects.
• Database design.
• Bug fixes.
• Work with and mentor Jr. Developers in order to complete projects/changes/fix bugs.
• Work closely with creative and project management staff to ensure successful rollout of deliverables.
• Make contributions in team meetings and brainstorming sessions on a technical level.
• Contribute to the company technology strategy including the identification of tools and best practices that benefit the company. Agile development environment experience a plus.
• Some troubleshooting and fixing problems that impair the user experience.
• Maintaining Linux Servers
• Ability to perform in a quick-paced environment with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
Skills (in order of importance):
• Proven track record of meeting deliverables with high standard of work. Ability to use initiative and take the lead on a project from beginning to end.
• 5+ years of Object Oriented PHP in high traffic, production environment. Both Web / CLI
• 3+ years of MySQL (MySQL query optimizations a big plus). MySQL Backups.
• Linux Administration skills / command line skills (apt-get)
◦ Apache2 configuration
◦ Shell / Perl scripting
◦ vi / vim
◦ ssh / sftp / ftp (vsftp)
◦ firewall experience a plus
◦ network switch experience a plus
◦ rack mounting servers / replacing hardware a plus
◦ building servers a plus
• Secure coding practices.
• Curl / Web services / API experience.
• Strong analytical skills.
• CSS / Cross Browser CSS – integrating cutup images / HTML from designer.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Capable working with and mentoring Jr. developers.
• Generous salary.
• Paid vacation.
• Competitive medical/dental benefits.
• Lunch on us (during work days) if work in office.