Thread: Cheap VPS

Cheap VPS

Hi!
    Can somebody advice cheap VPS with good uptime for $1-1.5/month? With full root (apache,musql,php and so on). For a small website.

I've found buyvm.net and yardvps.com, but right now they have no offers for $15/year...

What specs do you need for that price?

You'll have a difficult time finding a VPS that cheaply without paying on an annual payment term. PayPal alone takes $0.44 out of a $1.00 transaction

Quote Originally Posted by saxad View Post
    Hi!
    Can somebody advice cheap VPS with good uptime for $1-1.5/month? With full root (apache,musql,php and so on). For a small website.

I've found buyvm.net and yardvps.com, but right now they have no offers for $15/year...
    How small of a site? For that budget, you may be better off simply using Shared hosting.

Otherwise, you may find a good deal on a 64MB or 128MB VPS that will easily run Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP to fuel a small to semi active site for that price, but don't be expecting much in terms of resources or performance for a $1/mo VPS.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

are you really sure you need a VPS for a small website?

If your budget is so low you probably don't, so I quote Vazapi-Curtis, going for a shared hosting is the way.
    Nevertheless, it's still pretty hard finding a professional hosting so cheap, maybe you could check some free hosting solutions instead.

yes, I need 64-128MB, not more. Of course I unterstand, that for $1 it wouldn't be Xeon with 2048 ram I need root access, thats why finding a VPS, not a shared hosting.

Your bet bet would be one of the 15/year VPS offers. I think i have also seen a 10/year offer hre.