Merchant Account Needed

I am in the market for a merchant account. Can anyone suggest a good one that works with web hosting companies? I am not interested in cdgcommerce at this point. Their rates seem to be to high.

I'm with Merchant Express right now, I got a special deal for 12 bucks a month and 2.02% + 24c per transaction. Can't beat it.

Thanks for the reply Sam, Merchant Express will not allow you to charge credit cards for prepayments at this time. Anyone else?

Many hosts use authorize.net
    Hostjunkies Affordable Web Hosting
    Professional Web Hosting | 99.9% Uptime | Cloudlinux | Softaculous
    Daily backups | cPanel Control Panel | Tier III Datacenter
    Follow us on twitter @hostjunkies | 4+ Years in Industry

Charge.com has some decent deals.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
    I'm with Merchant Express right now, I got a special deal for 12 bucks a month and 2.02% + 24c per transaction. Can't beat it.
    Can't beat it? No offense, but you're probably getting screwed. How many of your transactions actually fall into that fee schedule as opposed to the other tiers?

The best option is to talk to your local bank. An even better idea? Find a local credit union that has business services and they will help you out.

When we first started, we were searching online for merchant services. However, when I brought it up with my banker, I was referred to their business services department. Where I was educated beyond belief and simply blew my mind.

I then talked to a local credit union who set me up with interchange and pass-through rates with no minimum and no statement fee.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Well Authorize.net is only a payment gateway, so you still need a merchant account. A lot of times, you can still call the company and you might get a better rate.

When looking for a US merchant provider though - look at the footer to find out if they are an ISO/MSP or an agent / partner of the ISO/MSP. If you don't see this, you might have some problems.

Sometimes, the company will give you a better rate to get your business. If you are in the hosting business, you might need recurring billing. Some gateways will charge you extra for this amount. And even then, that procedure can almost be worthless - meaning the gateway will charge the customer, but if the transaction fails, you get an email. You then have to contact the customer or try to do the transaction again.

You can direct pay from you credit card.

I would also suggest charge.com but I will recommend you accept credit card directly on your website.