* Review: MDD Hosting Above and beyond

That's the only way I can describe my experience with MDD hosting and the personal care and attention I've received from John, Scott and Mike. Let me backtrack for a sec: we're an entertainment-oriented site creating family and children content, and have been in the broadband business for over a decade. The last few years we've had some serious issues with various hosting companies, and one of the most problematic was an account we had on FatCow. Talk about a horrific situation. You guys have read all about how awful FatCow is, and I'm here to confirm it. Well, after doing some research we found MDD recommended on several community boards so we decided to try them out. John took my call and boy did he get an earful... I told him from the getgo that we were majorly frustrated and needed HELP fast. He patiently listened to what was going on, answered my questions HONESTLY, and I hung up the phone feeling like there was a company out there who actually CARED. Within 48 hours, MDD was transferring my site from FatCow, and the transition was pretty smooth. A few bumps with my shopping cart came up... and this was what REALLY impressed me: John, Scott and Mike again LISTENED to the problem and vowed to correct it -- even though, technically, it wasn't an issue on their end. When Mike jumped in, rolled up his sleeves, and got in there to help rectify this -- as though my site was his -- well I just couldn't believe the level of service. And ever since my site has been served on MDD, its been working flawlessly -- and yes, FAST! As soon as we're done building the site, I'll share the link and you guys can come take a look. But meanwhile, for any of you who are out there feeling hopeless, or frustrated because your hosting company has driven you to the edge of madness, please check out MDD. You will NOT be disappointed. Real people answering real phones and having honest to goodness conversations with you about your situation. I am in no way affiliated with MDD, just a very satisfied customer wanting to promote a great company. Thanks, MDD!

MDDHosting has done a great job on my VPS with them, and I suspect I'll be there for a very long time! Like you, I have been very satisfied with the level of support and service, and the openness about issues as they occur (Mike posts regular updates in the forums if there's a DDoS attack on a server, etc.)

Nice review for MDDHosting, it's not the first and I'm sure not the last, way to go MDDHosting

+1
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Awesome review, for an awesome company. Well done MDDHosting

Congratulations on finding a host that makes you so happy!

How long have you been with them now?

As soon as we're done building the site, I'll share the link and you guys can come take a look.
    If you're not yet comfortable making your site public, please send it to the moderating team via http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7437557. That way we can validate your review. Thank you!

Mike is a good guy. He has assisted me on here and answered emails fully and I'm not even his client. I was also reading on Speed Sparrows site where that owner gives props to Mike for helping him out.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    Mike is a good guy. He has assisted me on here and answered emails fully and I'm not even his client. I was also reading on Speed Sparrows site where that owner gives props to Mike for helping him out.
    Is that on their site, or is that just something you read here? (I've not looked at their new site in detail).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Mike is a good guy.
    I agree

I love reading his blog aswell, I found the washing machine and R1Soft articles every interesting.

Hope to hear the OP say good things in another 6 months or so.

Thank you for your review!

And I couldn't agree more with what others have already said.. Mike is a great guy and runs his company very well.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Is that on their site, or is that just something you read here? (I've not looked at their new site in detail).
    Last paragraph.

Sean has a lot of people to thank for his understanding and from one sincere view he has a great mind for the one that made him who he is today, MikeDVB
    http://speedysparrow.com/company.html

Oh wow, I never noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Oh wow, I never noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Would be even better if it linked to your own site. They'd just be like "MikeDVB who?" otherwise! Should be MikeDVB

Would be even better if it linked to your own site. They'd just be like "MikeDVB who?" otherwise! Should be MikeDVB
    As this has been overally criticized and Chris takes this as a joke, I have removed it to prevent further contributions.

Thank you.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    As this has been overally criticized and Chris takes this as a joke, I have removed it to prevent further contributions.

Thank you.
    I meant no offense Sean. Mike sure knows his stuff and is very helpful at WHT and is known to help other hosting providers outside of WHT behind the scenes too. So +1 to Mike for that. And it is good you gave him credit. I was just saying new users viewing your Company page seeing the text "MikeDVB" will mean nothing to them really. It us usually a good idea to link the text to External site. I suppose mentioning his name is better than nothing though.

Anyway, thanks to OP for sharing his review with us.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    I meant no offense Sean. Mike sure knows his stuff and is very helpful at WHT and is known to help other hosting providers outside of WHT behind the scenes too. So +1 to Mike for that. And it is good you gave him credit. I was just saying new users viewing your Company page seeing the text "MikeDVB" will mean nothing to them really. It us usually a good idea to link the text to External site. I suppose mentioning his name is better than nothing though.

Anyway, thanks to OP for sharing his review with us.
    That makes sense - it would likely be better to use my actual name (i.e. "Michael Denney" versus "MikeDVB") but then again if somebody wanted to know who I was, a Google search for "MikeDVB" turns up thousands upon thousands of results all related to me

WOW - sorry I mentioned it. Hey Mike, what does the VB stand for?

Visual Basic (from back in the 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 days when I used to do a lot of Windows based development).

if somebody wanted to know who I was, a Google search for "MikeDVB" turns up thousands upon thousands of results all related to me
    Either that or ask via the SpeedySparrow support ticketing system HAHA. Seriously though, those new to the Web wouldn't think to search Google, etc.

</offtopic>

Back on topic...

I was about to ask the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Either that or ask via the SpeedySparrow support ticketing system HAHA. Seriously though, those new to the Web wouldn't think to search Google, etc.
    Maybe, maybe not, it just depends on the person I suppose which would depend a lot more on the target audience for SpeedySparrow.

As for the answer to question number 2: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=17

I'm betting it Visually Breathtaking.

I'm betting it Visually Breathtaking.
    I don't think I'd go that far... lol.

As for the answer to question number 2: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=17
    Ahh that explains it.

Mike is without a doubt one of the best there is, and I have no doubts you will always be well taken care of. I'm glad you found yourself a great home with Mike and his team.

As always, please update us in the future on how things are going. I have no doubts they will always be positive, they work hard at MDD and are one of the few hosts I respect personally and professionally.
    WHT is now used as the Universal Hosting Helpdesk.

I've been with MDD Hosting for several months now. Best experience I've ever had.

I am considering getting MDDHosting shared plan (to switch from HostGator).
    What are user experiences about this plan? Up time? speed?

And .... 2nd question - How does Mike get all this complexed work done ( (almost alone) while other companies need hundreds of people?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeja7676 View Post
    I am considering getting MDDHosting shared plan (to switch from HostGator).
    What are user experiences about this plan? Up time? speed?

And .... 2nd question - How does Mike get all this complexed work done ( (almost alone) while other companies need hundreds of people?

Thanks
    I'm not the only one, and I don't handle everything. I just tend to handle PR/Forums and then as many tickets as I can mostly because I enjoy handling them.

And I'd also point out that Mike never sleeps either....it must be the early hours of the morning for him and he's still here!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    And I'd also point out that Mike never sleeps either....it must be the early hours of the morning for him and he's still here!
    4:35 AM, but I've been up all night .

Now I am gonna definitely gonna give MDDHosting a try