hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Specialty Hosting and Markets : Does Cloudflare show google adwords to your visitors?

Forum Jump

Does Cloudflare show google adwords to your visitors?

Reply Post New Thread In Specialty Hosting and Markets Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Does Cloudflare show google adwords to your visitors?

Hey - I read on quora that cloudflare presents google adwords to the visitors on the free plans. I haven't been able to get details on where/how they do it - anyone here knows?

Also, have anyone been able to confirm if they do datamining? Like if they utilize the visitor data flowing through their system?

D

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Their terms and conditions allow for it, but as far as I know they don't show any adverts or insert affiliate links in to your website at the present time.

No idea about data mining, they'd probably be missing a trick if they weren't though.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
Their terms and conditions allow for it, but as far as I know they don't show any adverts or insert affiliate links in to your website at the present time.
Is it mentioned specifically in their T&C's? (yes, I am lazy, but will go check now)
On quora it's mentioned that when they find security issues they somehow put in google adwords on the warning pages...or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
No idea about data mining, they'd probably be missing a trick if they weren't though.
True, i doubt it though - shouldn't all the websites that use cloudflare then make sure to tell their visitors that this was going on? This sort of thing is looked upon pretty fiercely in some countries legislation.

I remember how http://www.phorm.com/ was working with large telco's in UK and had all sorts of trouble because of it.

D

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Post CloudFlare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eming View Post
Hey - I read on quora that cloudflare presents google adwords to the visitors on the free plans. I haven't been able to get details on where/how they do it - anyone here knows?

Also, have anyone been able to confirm if they do datamining? Like if they utilize the visitor data flowing through their system?

D
The only place ads appear are on the challenge (captcha) pages. The only kinds of ads that appear are for resources for visitors to get anti-virus products to help them clean an infected machine.

"Also, have anyone been able to confirm if they do datamining? Like if they utilize the visitor data flowing through their system?"

We could theoretically do this. But we would never do anything with the data that is specific to a domain or individual user, which means it would only be data in aggregate.