Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: hostXnow review

  1. #1

    hostXnow review

    OK, my first post here and am reviewing a web host so, guess I should say I'm nothing to do with hostXnow other than being a customer this past 5 months.

    I'm a co-director, Trustee and Webmaster of a National Registered Charity (not here to plug it mind you but you can ask if you want to know). I'd been a personal customer of a not to be named host for 7 years and they had hosted our Charity sites for 18 months with only a few issues. Then, things didn't go wrong with them they went fubar! and I had to get out.

    I spoke online to Mr hostXnow (aka Chris) and he seemed both helpful and friendly. Sadly (for him) whilst I'm webmaster for the Charity I'm still learning so we had many (many) chats whilst I moved the 21 domain names we owned to his servers (the not to be named previous host was not communicating so had to enlist the help of nominet).

    So, from previous experience hostXnow are no different from my previous host when things go well BUT, in times of need, trouble, general assistance Chris has been there for us and I'd be happy to recommend him to anybody looking for a new host.

    One of our sites was recently hacked (self removed explitives) and I was in the inner hebredies when it happened with poor connection but Chris came through and together we solved the issues.

    If I'm honest putting our sites in the hands of one person was a worry but Chris seems to be online 24/7 and have never raised a ticket that has not been answered within an hour or two.

    With my previous hosts I got a lot of "its not the server, its your code" replies to Q's but Chris seems to go the extra mile to assist with issues that are not in his domain (see what I did there?).

    Shall end this rather long post by saying I (very) rarely post recomendations for anything but Mr hostXnow deserves credit where it's due.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    9,760
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBuddies View Post
    OK, my first post here and am reviewing a web host so, guess I should say I'm nothing to do with hostXnow other than being a customer this past 5 months.

    I'm a co-director, Trustee and Webmaster of a National Registered Charity (not here to plug it mind you but you can ask if you want to know). I'd been a personal customer of a not to be named host for 7 years and they had hosted our Charity sites for 18 months with only a few issues. Then, things didn't go wrong with them they went fubar! and I had to get out.

    I spoke online to Mr hostXnow (aka Chris) and he seemed both helpful and friendly. Sadly (for him) whilst I'm webmaster for the Charity I'm still learning so we had many (many) chats whilst I moved the 21 domain names we owned to his servers (the not to be named previous host was not communicating so had to enlist the help of nominet).

    So, from previous experience hostXnow are no different from my previous host when things go well BUT, in times of need, trouble, general assistance Chris has been there for us and I'd be happy to recommend him to anybody looking for a new host.

    One of our sites was recently hacked (self removed explitives) and I was in the inner hebredies when it happened with poor connection but Chris came through and together we solved the issues.

    If I'm honest putting our sites in the hands of one person was a worry but Chris seems to be online 24/7 and have never raised a ticket that has not been answered within an hour or two.

    With my previous hosts I got a lot of "its not the server, its your code" replies to Q's but Chris seems to go the extra mile to assist with issues that are not in his domain (see what I did there?).

    Shall end this rather long post by saying I (very) rarely post recomendations for anything but Mr hostXnow deserves credit where it's due.
    Kudos to Chris for making you feel welcome and best of all going the extra mile for you.

    Have you submitted your domain to the moderators so they can confirm this review?

    Last thing, How long have you been a client of hostxnow?
    LeapHost High Performance Fully Managed App Solutions Powered By NitroStack™
    Fast Dedicated Servers | 15+ Global Locations | Server Management Specialists
    Fly Faster With The Speed of Light! | Be A Talkative Soul > Visit Our LH Forums

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,474
    I'd say this is the domain in question:
    http://www.btbuddies.org.uk/

    The domain points to: am-2-pm.net

    The above domain belongs to 'Chris Smith' at HostXNow
    Last edited by Sparrow-Sean; 05-06-2011 at 01:06 AM.
    l Clever Emu (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2003
    l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

  4. #4
    Hi folks and sorry, guess I didn't read the FAQ's properly before posting. And yes, btbuddies.org.uk is 1 of 21 domains Chris helped me transfer over. I joined Chris just before Christmas and we completed the domain transfers early and went 'Live' with him in January 2011. The reason am-2-pm.net belongs to Chris is that all my domains sat under am-2-pm.co.uk on the other server and he set the new account up for me as .co.uk had to stay where it was until I was ready to move all the domains.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks for the review, Andrew. Much appreciated!

    - Chris
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM • CloudLinux (Multi PHP) • Offsite Backups • LiteSpeed • TrendyTools • Softaculous

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida, U.S
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks for the review!

    It's great to hear HostXnow is treating you well, kudos to Chris and his team.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,894
    BTBuddies,

    Thank you for confirming your domain name further validating your review. Good to see you're happy with HostXnow
    Justin Schurawlow :: Community Liaison
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    43
    I would just like to second how helpful the people over at HostXNow are. They are always there for me when I need to get my head round something and I've learnt so much from them.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS01 View Post
    I would just like to second how helpful the people over at HostXNow are. They are always there for me when I need to get my head round something and I've learnt so much from them.
    Yup, need to echo the learning bit as well! Not only have I learnt a lot from Hostxnow but, there has been the odd time when Chris has gone off to learn something himself to help me out - I may even become a decent webmaster soon lol.

    Andi

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBuddies View Post
    Yup, need to echo the learning bit as well! Not only have I learnt a lot from Hostxnow but, there has been the odd time when Chris has gone off to learn something himself to help me out - I may even become a decent webmaster soon lol.

    Andi
    True

    Cheers guys.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM • CloudLinux (Multi PHP) • Offsite Backups • LiteSpeed • TrendyTools • Softaculous

  11. #11
    Another god review for Chris. I've been hosting with him since July. And never experienced any downtime yet. The support, as has been stated is second to none.

    I cant rate him highly enough right now. Chris, please keep the standards high.

    Kris

    oh, one of the websites is www.kmbookkeeping.co.uk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    162
    Thanks for the review

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    260
    Thanks For the RevieW!

  14. #14
    It is better to ask customers who are involved with them and this is the best for you because they know this thing

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    15
    Good to see you're happy with HostXnow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Web host review of Hostxnow.
    By DCS01 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 02:34 PM
  2. HostXNow Redesign
    By HostXNow_Chris in forum Web Site Reviews
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Hosting with HostXnow
    By WebMech in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 02:04 PM
  4. www.HostXNow.com
    By HostXNow_Chris in forum Web Site Reviews
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 09:59 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •