A little advice needed.

Hello,
    I wanted to ask from the experienced people some important facts :

1. 1Gbit Unmetererd really matters? I've never got a full 324Tb Usage, So is it still worth writing for marketing? and paying extra for it? My point is, Does it really attract people?

2. How much is the market for SSD VPS? To me, It costs 50Gb Sata2 HDD VPS for the same cost as 10Gb SSD space? Is the SSD really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by HostHatch View Post
    Hello,
    I wanted to ask from the experienced people some important facts :

1. 1Gbit Unmetererd really matters? I've never got a full 324Tb Usage, So is it still worth writing for marketing? and paying extra for it? My point is, Does it really attract people?

2. How much is the market for SSD VPS? To me, It costs 50Gb Sata2 HDD VPS for the same cost as 10Gb SSD space? Is the SSD really worth it?
    Hello,

Welcome, even if you're already banned. Either way maybe someday down the road someone will read this and maybe it will help them.

1) Does it really matter? No. I don't know that many people that have the traffic to drive using a gig. I'd say it's less than 1/500 people that can use a gig consistently on a dedicated server. That said though I know colocation clients can push it but that's why they colocate and then they have beefy servers(or clusters of them). It's just a marketing gimmick, why would you have to pay extra for it? I'm assuming you'll be using a dedicated server so even if you offer a gig to your customers you don't necessarily have to buy it. An average dedicated server from my experience only uses ~2Mbps and VPS nodes are wildly different but are usually sub 20Mbps. I used to run a decently sized VPS that catered towards people who needed large pipes(1Gbps) back before there were that many people that offered gig pipes to VPS customers. Those servers only pushed 20~30Mbps each 95th percentile. People often to grossly exaggerate their bandwidth usage so you're fine I think. Now that said though, if someone did end up using that much b/w you best have the $ to pay for it.

2) I don't really know what kind of market is for SSD VPS's. I sell a decent amount of servers with SSD's as the price for them is dropping quickly and is finally making them affordable for people which is a plus and a minus. It makes it one heck of a horrible investment in one sense and another great one. By that I mean it's great because you're getting massive IOPS compared to SATA but you're dropping $800 for a drive that in 6 months will more than likely only cost $400 and if you have to market and sell it then it'll be hard to sell it at a cost and get a good ROI. That's why I think a lot of companies don't buy SSDs and sell them. It really matters what your niche is, I personally haven't seen that many VPS companies offering VPS's with SSDs, except VPS.net which uses FusionIO but they're on the cloud. FusionIO is like SATA---SSD---------------------------------------------FusionIO. It's not really fair to compare FusionIO to a SSD as you know, they only sell the fastest SSD in the world I think.
    Jacob Wall

I think there's a good market for 100% SSD VPSs. You can offer reasonable disk space allowances with reasonable overselling, combining space and speed.

In my opinion, the "u" word can lose customers quite fast.
    People are learning that all good things must come to an end.

I think that 1GB port might be needed for you or for some web sites at their peaks.
    So far that appears as very expensive solution and that is not good idea to buy something you will never use.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

I see no point in buying resources you will never use.
    Buy that amount of resources you need and than upgrade your plan in case of necessity.