Question Vps Beginner question

I have a Vps account at Nordic VPS. A package with 512 MB rand 1000 Mhz, running Ubuntu 10.10.

With basic webserver setting is it normal that a simple page, like the php info page, to have like 20-30 seconds delay on multiple clients ?

I used loadimpact.com to do a stress test on the server. I had ubuntu updated, apache and mysql with phpmyadmin running. I used a tutorial on howtoforge com to install these.

Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    With basic webserver setting is it normal that a simple page, like the php info page, to have like 20-30 seconds delay on multiple clients ?
    No. At least, not for a reasonable value of "multiple".
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

Wow that's a crazy result, my main site is on a minimal container and only gets a 1.5! - 1.26 with 50 clients. What a result.

Quote Originally Posted by intelliServe View Post
    Wow that's a crazy result, my main site is on a minimal container and only gets a 1.5! - 1.26 with 50 clients. What a result.
    A WP site with 50 clients. Less than 4s with 10 clients, less than 5s with 50 clients.

And I had two multi-gigabyte bzip2s running at the same time
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

I would recommend that you contact your hosting provider about this, they should be able to help you
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    I have a Vps account at Nordic VPS. A package with 512 MB rand 1000 Mhz, running Ubuntu 10.10.

I used loadimpact.com to do a stress test on the server. I had ubuntu updated, apache and mysql with phpmyadmin running. I used a tutorial on howtoforge com to install these.
    I have an almost identical VPS at Burst.net, running CentOS (same RAM, same processor). Here's the results of the LoadImpact.com test for one site on it (a database-intensive Wordpress site that "auto-blogs" several member RSS feeds). Under 5 seconds for up to 40 users, and then it jumps to 8 seconds at 50 users. (I can see I have some more tweaking to do!)

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    A WP site with 50 clients. Less than 4s with 10 clients, less than 5s with 50 clients.

Impressive! How much RAM on that VPS (and processor speed).

Clients 10 20 30 40 50
    Delay 1.51 2.22 1.79 1.62 1.81 Better than a fought it would
    http://loadimpact.com/result/g-g-hos...3258e68934cf01

Show off.

yupzz u can contact ur provider if have problem about it
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    Impressive! How much RAM on that VPS (and processor speed).
    512MB Xen VPS from 6sync. I don't know what the CPU specs are as /proc/cpuinfo only tells me "QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.1"

512MB Xen VPS from 6sync. I don't know what the CPU specs are as /proc/cpuinfo only tells me "QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.1"
    Well, that is impressive! I'm also at 512MB with 1000MHz, but my test results climb to 8s with 50 clients (under 5 with 40). Mine's an OpenVZ container, if that makes a difference with this test.

To the OP, you might point your host to this thread so he can check out what others are getting on the same test.

Small correction made under hope raindog won't eat me - it is a KVM, not Xen-based virtual server.