Namecheap hosting is destroying my business

I made the huge mistake to use namecheap shared hosting to host my business website.

I had several downtimes during the last 2-3 days, they didn't even monitor their servers, I had to tell them each time.

First they said they fixed the issue after 1 hours downtime, then a few hours later, down again for hours.

Then they told me that they found the issue, and the reason was another user abusing the resources. I asked them to monitor the situation. Another user shouldnt be able to use all of the resources on a server. If this is like that, there's a misconfiguation on the server.

Several hours later my website's still unavailable.

Ridiculous experience!

I hope it wont deindex or punish my site in google for so many hours downtime.

They just cant fix it!

Time to change hosts?

And perhaps avoid companies with the word 'Cheap" in their name

Hopefully you didn't pay a year or more in advance.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Namecheap is known for domains, not for hosting.. Much like Godaddy. I would choose them to register a domain name, but never to host a website.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

as said above time to move. Put it this way, big companies offer over services just for the money, its not like they have to monitor anything because loosing a customer doesnt matter for them, its nothint to them

is there any "domain company" good/acceptable at hosting?
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    Namecheap is known for domains, not for hosting.. Much like Godaddy. I would choose them to register a domain name, but never to host a website.
    I agree. They have a great service when it comes to domain registration but maybe not on hosting. You can't be the best on both worlds.

How long have you been using Namecheap?

I guess the solution is to change hosting company asap.
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    I also second this. They are just great at domain registration. But for hosting you should have chosen someone else.

Google won't punish your site for only some hours of downtime.
    Also I know that is frustrating to see something like this ... but if some hours of downtime are so important for you ... that means you are making money ... making money ... move to another provider to resolve this issue.
    Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

Its time to change your host. Namecheap is good company for domain registration but not so good for hosting. You should choose the best hosting company for your business. Try to avoid shared hosting, its better if you can afford a dedicated host.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalJenkins View Post
    I made the huge mistake to use namecheap shared hosting to host my business website.

I had several downtimes during the last 2-3 days, they didn't even monitor their servers, I had to tell them each time.

First they said they fixed the issue after 1 hours downtime, then a few hours later, down again for hours.

Then they told me that they found the issue, and the reason was another user abusing the resources. I asked them to monitor the situation. Another user shouldnt be able to use all of the resources on a server. If this is like that, there's a misconfiguation on the server.

Several hours later my website's still unavailable.

Ridiculous experience!

I hope it wont deindex or punish my site in google for so many hours downtime.

They just cant fix it!
    Pascal,

Can you let me know any ticket or chat IDs related to this? There isn't a domain listed in your profile and a quick search doesn't pull anything up.

We do monitor all of our servers 24x7.

Matt
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

I know from experience that an abusive shared hosting user can cause immediate problems for any host. It can be caused by a runaway query, a badly written script, and a host of other reasons. Usually we would be able to identify said user quickly and TOS / suspend the account for violations and get others back up very quickly. Several hours is just unacceptable.
    ~ Webair Managed Cloud Servers ~Enterprise Class VPS ~ Advanced CDN Network ~ Server Genius Support™ ~
    ~ Custom Complex / Managed Hosting Pros ~ ICANN Accredited Registrar ~ Multiple Data Center Locations! ~
    ~
    ICQ: 489798823 - AIM: WebairMetz - - EMAIL: SALES@WEBAIR.COM

Have you ever considered keeping them as your domain registrar but moving your hosting elsewhere?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

I agree with the others, I love their domain service, I tried out their hosting before, didnt work out so well, but I still use their domain service.

Quote Originally Posted by aditd View Post
    Google won't punish your site for only some hours of downtime.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I love namecheap for domains, but there is a difference in cheap domains and cheap hosting. Cheap hosting and business websites do not go along together. Get a better host. I would suggest MediaLayer or MDDHosting.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Then they told me that they found the issue, and the reason was another user abusing the resources. I asked them to monitor the situation. Another user shouldnt be able to use all of the resources on a server.
    Although this type of issue can happen anywhere, you run a higher risk of this happening when you go with web hosts who claim to offer unlimited diskspace or who offer unrealistic web hosting packages. Often times, those times of services attract more customers who are looking to either abuse the service or push those invisible limits to the limit (thus increasing the chances of you landing on an overloaded server).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee