Annoying Web Designer / Developer

Scenario: You have a 3-year customer. They hired a new web designer and developer. This mor*n used Joomla without informing the client. There's some issue on the process and this mor*n keeps blaming the provider. Somehow influencing your 3-year customer to change provider.

----------------

Action: Bluntly offend this mor*n and provide some existing client that utilizes Joomla without issue. Inform your client that they hire a newbie developer who do not know what he is doing.

----------------

I can't believe that some people are freaking desperate to have a hosting client and will do there best to ruin some good relationship. Dic*h**d!
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Seems rude, but it seems that you don't have to do a lot of talking to get someone to switch hosts if your designing and developing their site. Some people would prefer to have the person that designed and developed the site host it for them. It does make things easier when they need to upgrade. Other people prefer to use their own host and a different designer/dev.

There is no reason to "Bluntly offend" anyone in my opinion, however, I don't know the whole story. If your customer went looking for a new designer/dev and they found someone that could do everything in a full package then you might be offending the wrong person.

What Joomla problems did they have Yujin?

Quote Originally Posted by killigan View Post
    Seems rude, but it seems that you don't have to do a lot of talking to get someone to switch hosts if your designing and developing their site. Some people would prefer to have the person that designed and developed the site host it for them. It does make things easier when they need to upgrade. Other people prefer to use their own host and a different designer/dev.

There is no reason to "Bluntly offend" anyone in my opinion, however, I don't know the whole story. If your customer went looking for a new designer/dev and they found someone that could do everything in a full package then you might be offending the wrong person.
    I'm not their designer/developer - they are my domain and hosting client ONLY for 3-years. Their previous developer has no problem with the system since they use a custom code and design. Now, this mor*n used Joomla for quick money and implementation. My client is obviously unaware with this 3rd party script and I bet they do not know that this script requires regular update.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    What Joomla problems did they have Yujin?
    First he said that curl is not enabled. Obviously this mor*n do not know how to use phpinfo() which I did for him and he shut up after he check the details.

Now this stupid is blocked by the server due several failed POP3 attempt. Grrrr

Not sure though, if he is using the mail function of Joomla.

really frustrating

Any hosting worth the money should run Joomla just fine.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Joomla is cool in the hands of responsible and knowledge individual.

However, this script is a real menace if someone deployed this for quick money without even educating their clients. I've seen many designer/developer using this script in my country for quick money. Some of them are even lazy tweaking the design. Worst they left the customer without a single knowledge about the script and when the trouble comes they will blame everything with the hosting provider. Love to kick their as*

If this client trust his stupid developer.
    I will not think twice to issue partial refund and I will kick them out of my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Joomla is cool in the hands of responsible and knowledge individual.

However, this script is a real menace if someone deployed this for quick money without even educating their clients. I've seen many designer/developer using this script in my country for quick money. Some of them are even lazy tweaking the design. Worst they left the customer without a single knowledge about the script and when the trouble comes they will blame everything with the hosting provider. Love to kick their as*

If this client trust his stupid developer.
    I will not think twice to issue partial refund and I will kick them out of my server.

You need to bring it back down a few notches.. Clients come and go, that's the nature of the business.

If your client leaves, wish him the best with his new host and move on.. You might get lucky in the future if he gets bad service, and then he will come back to you.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Happened to me the same thing. The web designer / developer always blame the hosting provider. It is already printed in their head :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Happened to me the same thing. The web designer / developer always blame the hosting provider. It is already printed in their head :-)
    I agree with you Net, that's very true.
    This is how the incompetent developer find a escape.

Have had this happen to us way too many times for my liking . The annoying thing is when the senior company contact blindly agrees with them.
    I do things. - Consumer and b2b IT solutions.

Just the newbie web designer/developer.

DICHVU.IT: All about SSL.
    BudgetVPS: Where to find the cheapest VPS Offer!

I've seen this happen a few times too. You have a great multi-year relationship with a client, he brings on a newbie developer and suddenly their are issues.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

At least you guys have it nice. I had a web designer who actually blamed us for the screen resolution. My client's resolution was set to 800X600 (older computer) and his was set to 1024X786. When he was working on his computer, everything turned out fine. Design was good and everything. But when he tried to show it to the client, it got all messed up coz they have different resolution. He called us up in front of the client and told us to fix our server which is giving the problem. Wonderful ain't it? Our server controlling the resolution of your screen.

Also had the same problem the OP had at least 3-4 times if I remember properly. Joomla worked fine... their addon script or etc didn't work as planned and we got all the blame. How nice eh?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    At least you guys have it nice. I had a web designer who actually blamed us for the screen resolution. My client's resolution was set to 800X600 (older computer) and his was set to 1024X786. When he was working on his computer, everything turned out fine. Design was good and everything. But when he tried to show it to the client, it got all messed up coz they have different resolution. He called us up in front of the client and told us to fix our server which is giving the problem. Wonderful ain't it? Our server controlling the resolution of your screen.

Also had the same problem the OP had at least 3-4 times if I remember properly. Joomla worked fine... their addon script or etc didn't work as planned and we got all the blame. How nice eh?
    Hahaha nice...and that "whoever" has the nerve to call himself a developer.
    This is the funny and sometimes irritating part of this industry.

It's really terrible. It might be acceptable only if the client is new to your hosting. Have you tried explaining everything to your client?

No pleasing some. Let it go, Yujin. Their loss really.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Well I think in this situation the best you can do is simply educate your client on the issue and let them make a decision on their own. Even after they have moved on, I would still send an occasional follow-up email every once in awhile, just to see how things are going for them. Believe, if the designer is messing things up for them now, they will continue to mess things up for them in the future. So keeping contact with the client, even after they have left your services, will increase the chances of that client coming back to you.

If not, well hey, at least your tried your best. Just try to keep it positive!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

My advice, dont get any recently educated Irish web designer, i know nada about web design html is a thing that brings up characters on the screen thats it.

Had a recent arguement with a guy that done a 1 year course on web development in college, he was saying that you dont need to know any html for designing a good website.

And this guy has a certificate saying hes a website developer. :O
    Last edited by vertek; 05-05-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: realised this has nothing got to do with OP's post sorry :)

Yes. It cracks me up to read people using WP and some WYSIWYG template creator to create $2,500 websites for their clients. Same thing over at the CoffeeCup forums. People using VSD and proclaiming they are professional web designers.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I'd use coffecup but id feel bad to ask for more than 50 euro for a site.