Leaseweb: poor sales service

I bought a linux silver plan at leaseweb on april 26, this is a shared hosting package.

Everything was ready on april 28 so no problem there. That's when I realised the mistake I made. I was under the impression I could host up to 5 different websites on this plan, on 5 different domain names. But this is my mistake, not their's since it's clearly stated on their website that this plan is for one domain name only, anyway I admit this is my error.

BUT, then I simply asked if it was possible to change the domain name associated to this hosting, this request was made right on april 28. I understand that them being in Europe and me in america there are time zones that I have to take into account, that's fine. They responded on april 29, asking to wich domain name I wanted to change, I answered to this last friday morning, now I would have to wait on monday for this.

On monday, nothing, no email and the change has not been made. I send another email asking if they received my last email. Still no answer on tuesday, that's when I went on their sales chat. After waiting 30 minutes even if I was first in queue and it was saying that I should be answered within one minute, I decided to just leave a message, giving all the details about my case. They responded on may 4, wich is yesterday, asking for the new domain name, again... I emailed back right away and as I write this on may 5, still nothing.

I am not asking them to respond as fast as wiredtree does for me, wich is usually under 15 minutes, but it doesn't take forever just to change a stupid domain name for another or send an email and at least explain when it will be done.

Now if this is the same kind of service I will receive if something happens when the site goes live, downtimes, etc. I am a little worry.

Have you tried to submit and respond to your ticket in their helpdesk instead of emailing? There is a possibility that the email may be lost and may not reached them.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

There is a phone number on their website (I looked to make sure). I would use it. I've stated many times that I rarely do business with a company that has no phone number clearly listed on their website.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

It looks like they allow "domain aliases", so you could point another domain name to your same webspace (both the old and the new domain name would show the same content when visited in a browser).

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Have you tried to submit and respond to your ticket in their helpdesk instead of emailing? There is a possibility that the email may be lost and may not reached them.
    I must be blind but I don't see any helpdesk. Login in gets me to a Self Service Center, I see a Sales Chat button but no support or open a ticket button, only an email adress: SUPPORT [email protected].

No worries, all will be fixed. Just to note you sent the original change in after our office closed on Friday. Unfortunately, the person who was handling your ticket took some leave, so the ticket response wasn't immediately picked up.

You have since received a note indicating the change will be made and we are crediting you the balance of May as a result of the small inconvenience caused by the absence of the ticket owner.

Please let us know, if we can be of further service and enjoy your Silver package .

Quote Originally Posted by musicman153 View Post
    There is a phone number on their website (I looked to make sure). I would use it. I've stated many times that I rarely do business with a company that has no phone number clearly listed on their website.
    Unfortunately it's more difficult for me to talk in english that it is to write in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    It looks like they allow "domain aliases", so you could point another domain name to your same webspace (both the old and the new domain name would show the same content when visited in a browser).
    Yes thanks, I am aware of it but the other domain name will be used for a different website.

Go LeaseWeb
    IwebNews.net

Quote Originally Posted by LeaseWeb View Post
    No worries, all will be fixed. Just to note you sent the original change in after our office closed on Friday. Unfortunately, the person who was handling your ticket took some leave, so the ticket response wasn't immediately picked up.

You have since received a note indicating the change will be made and we are crediting you the balance of May as a result of the small inconvenience caused by the absence of the ticket owner.

Please let us know, if we can be of further service and enjoy your Silver package .
    Thanks for your answer, was this note emailed to me or sent in my "sef service center" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
    Thanks for your answer, was this note emailed to me or sent in my "sef service center" ?
    If your ticket is [ts#1123689] it was mailed to you.

I rarely do business with a company that has no phone number clearly listed on their website.
    You're a minority. Just FYI.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    You're a minority. Just FYI.
    Yes I probably am. Of course the majority of complaints I see about hosting companies posted here are from clients who have problems they consider an emergency and are frustrated in waiting for a response to their support ticket or email.

IwebNews.net

Yes I probably am. Of course the majority of complaints I see about hosting companies posted here are from clients who have problems they consider an emergency and are frustrated in waiting for a response to their support ticket or email.

You make a valid point. However, I have read complaints about web hosting providers that have a contact number and when a client/prospect gives them a call it always goes unanswered. I have also read complaints about providers who have a toll free number but when they're experiencing technical difficulties, again, they're not addressing their incoming calls.

The average monthly cost for a toll free number that has very little incoming calls is about the same of a slice of Pizza. If a company lists a contact number it may give them more creditability nevertheless, there is no guarantee that there is someone manning the phone system or in some providers cases their cell phone at all times.

More importantly, the issue at hand here was resolved successfully .

Regards,
    LevelHosting Inc. - Unlimited Web Hosting at your level
    cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, RVSiteBuilder Pro, Softaculous and 24/7 Support
    Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price!

More importantly, the issue at hand here was resolved successfully .
    Absolutely,

Leaseweb certainly responded to this thread in very good time. Kudos LW!

As to the Phone issue: In the days when it would take w LD phone, a toll free number was a necessity. In these times when almost everyone has a cell phone LD is either free or the same price a any other call. Just having an available phone number to me makes the company look legit. The lack of often worries me.
    IwebNews.net