Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Poor customer care in Rapidswitch.com

Hi,

It's been about 10 months(first few month indirectly with a reseller and after that directly) I've had 3 dedicated servers from rapidswitch.com,
    I haven't had any over due invoices, I always paid my invoices on time.
    the other day my invoices has been generated, You can see my invoices photo below,
    As you see invoice RS153664 due date is 26/5/2011 for and invoice RS155362 ()due date is 31/5/2011.

http://i54.tinypic.com/mr4wpc.jpg

suddenly they suspended all my servers and ask me to pay them right away.
    although due date is for 26 days later, But I paid the first invoice I asked them to unsusspend the servers and give me more time to pay the second one.
    But they didn't accept it.

Theyr payment methods are Visa and bank transfer.
    I said it's ok.My bussiness is gonna be ruined. please let me know what your paypal address is to pay the rest in a jiffy.
    they replid that we just accept Visa and bank transfer. But I didnt access these methods.
    finally I found a sender to do the payment by Vcc, But as you can not transfer more than $2000 in each payment, I asked them to divide the invoice to 2 invoices.
    They didn't accept again.
    I'm just sick and tired of them, My clients are eating me.
    They don't understand clients at all.
    I'm so sorry for myself that I was working with this DC.
    Sell VPS and VPN( US,NL,DE,UK,CA)

Have you asked them why?

Quote Originally Posted by CraterHost View Post
    Have you asked them why?
    Well, they said they don't accept it.

It means it is their policy.

But that is sad that they do not work with the client to solve the problem :-(

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Have you asked them why?
    Ofcourse I asked them, But they don't care at all,
    They just says:" when you pay let us know"

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Well, they said they don't accept it.

It means it is their policy.

But that is sad that they do not work with the client to solve the problem :-(
    We do the same bussiness, So you know what 2 days down time means for 3 servers,
    my clients won't trust me again.

you know this is very painful that my due date is for 25 days later, and I have't had and over due invoices yet.

No sorry, I meant to ask, why did they suspended all your servers?

I used to work with them,
    They made me disappointed, because they don't care about clients, they just care about money.
    I'm so happy that I don't work with them any more,
    I transfer my server last month. And after that I always recommend to my friends not to work with them.

I hope you find a way to get rid of them.

No sorry, I meant to ask, why did they suspended all your servers?
    No clear answer, They just ask me to pay it right away.

From my experience their tech support has always been excellent. But their sales and billing is a little lacking, I believe they have a rep on WHT, might be worth PMing him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by sam250 View Post
    From my experience their tech support has always been excellent. But their sales and billing is a little lacking, I believe they have a rep on WHT, might be worth PMing him/her.
    awaiting for their reply here.
    Last edited by mihannet; 05-05-2011 at 09:55 AM.

You are not alone in bad situations with them.

Its very strange that they require you to pay that invoice now as their system clearly shows its not due until the end of month.
    Last edited by Rob-Rackedeu; 05-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.

If you are planning to use a VCC to pay, DO NOT do that! If you do it, you might be looking for trouble. Paying via VCC is something like paying in CASH because you will not be able to do a chargeback or something even if you are not given any service or etc.

Have you asked them why do you need to pay 1 month + 1 month advance = 2 months total? I think your best solution is to give them a call. Ask them what is going on and why you need to pay in advance.

By phone:

UK: 0808 238 0033
    International: +44 20 7106 0730
    Last edited by aodat2; 05-05-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Rackedeu View Post
    You are not alone in bad situations with them.

Its very strange that they require you to pay that invoice now as their system clearly shows its not due until the end of month.
    Agree with you there,

I'm just curious about this topic, As I had the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    If you are planning to use a VCC to pay, DO NOT do that! If you do it, you might be looking for trouble. Paying via VCC is something like paying in CASH because you will not be able to do a chargeback or something even if you are not given any service or etc.

Have you asked them why do you need to pay 1 month + 1 month advance = 2 months total? I think your best solution is to give them a call. Ask them what is going on and why you need to pay in advance.

By phone:

UK: 0808 238 0033
    International: +44 20 7106 0730
    As I mentioned there isn't any clear response, They just ask me to pay,
    I asked them to unsuspend them and It will be paid within 6 hours, I'm still waiting for their reply.

If I were you, I'd be seriously thinking 100 times before going back to using this host again ever!!! Nobody in this industry will suspend your server "at will" and ask you to pay invoices which is not due yet and will not give you an answer as to why they want you to pay in advance.

This is kinda fishy but why did you actually signup with them when they only accept Visa and Bank Transfer? How did you manage to pay them in the 1st place?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Welltodo Century

This is the first time I've heard of RapidSwitch expecting a server to be paid well before the due date. Did they do any custom work for you that they think you might not pay for? Did you go over your bandwidth allowance or anything?

I haven't experienced it with other DC,
    For sure I wanted to pay all invoices, But I'm just confused why they act like that.

This situation does seem very strange i agree with several people higher on the list Try calling them. If you cant get a response then i would try getting at least a back up of the servers hopefull you kept one and it is up to date where you can get a new host and deploy the backup to get up and going
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

I've just called them,
    They repeated their request, And asked me to pay.
    I told them that please unsuspend them, I will pay within few hours but they didn't accept, Just repeating the same sentence, We need you to pay first.
    God damn it.

WOW! I really hope that you have made backups recently. I would sugest moving forward if you have. Sounds like they are not willing to work with you at all
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

@mihannet, I've already told you my friend. There's not much use in talking to them or telling them anything at this point. No point getting angry either.

There's 2 Invoices in your account.
    1. Which is amounting to £1473.91 needs to be paid.(Inv. #RS155362)
    2. The other invoice is only due next month (Inv. #RS153664)

I don't really know much great your usage are or how much they charge or something but the charge for Over-usage of bandwidth needs to be paid on the same month the server is due. You can ask any host over here if this is true or not. I'm sure everyone will agree with me when there is an overage charge, it needs to get paid immediately.

But then again, I've never seen anyone really wanting to charge for an overage of £1473.91 yet. Considering the server is only £331.03, getting charged more than 4 times the server amount is kinda ridiculous. Logically speaking, I would not even allow your server to go over that much unless you have a credit card on file which I have authorized about £1000.00 for.

How much is the crazy company charging per GB of over usage? How much did you went over? I went through their T&C and they only said

"If the Client exceeds this limit then RapidSwitch reserves the right to make additional charges for usage above the limit at its then prevailing charge rate."

What is the prevailing rate? How much is it? It doesn't even show anybody at anywhere in their website how much the so called "prevailing rate" is at the moment.

So legally, you are about 30-40% in the right and well... since they said "prevailing rate", they could basically charge anything even £1000/GB. Who is the one who determine the "prevailing rate"?

See if it was me, I would not have dealt with a company like that because of the shadyness in their T&C and not revealing everything out. It just tells me how big a nonsense this company could be.

Now you on the other hand... HOW IN THE WORLD did you manage to go over by so much in the bandwidth? They even have a Live Bandwidth Chart for you to use and you went over by this much?

To me, both are at fault. I am not really in the position to say this but would any providers advice on such a case where the overage is so high? Would you give any discounts to your client if that happens? Like over £1XXX in overage fees alone???
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

so you signed up with a company where you have no access to their payment methods and run up a bill.

i see absolutely nowhere that they have ever accepted paypal, so how did you pay in the first place?

@quantumphysics, that was my exact question on page 1, post #15. LOL. No answer from this guy.
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    There's 2 Invoices in your account.
    1. Which is amounting to £1473.91 needs to be paid.(Inv. #RS155362)
    2. The other invoice is only due next month (Inv. #RS153664)

Where are you reading that the £1473.91 bill (#RS155362) needs to be paid?!

The due date is the 31/05.. that is 26 days away. So it is not due now.

The other invoice #RS153664 he has paid 22 days early. Nothing on that list is due or overdue and warrents a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by [JSH]John View Post
    This is the first time I've heard of RapidSwitch expecting a server to be paid well before the due date. Did they do any custom work for you that they think you might not pay for? Did you go over your bandwidth allowance or anything?
    As above, I have used RapidSwitch for almost 2 years now, and the only time I have had to pay for something upfront like this is setup fees. It seems very strange as I have never had any issues. Also if that is setup fees there are an awful lot of them, but the invoice isn't due yet... whenever I have had setup fees they have been invoiced on they day. Best bet is to call them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast