Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The best place for updates is our network issues section - we're posting info there as soon as we have it.

At least the network issues section is being updated.

Still no ETA on when this is going to be done. My clients are probably on the search for a new host. Not a happy camper I am, and EZPZ was looking pretty good from the start :-/

Save the Day Dan! Im dying here!
    Live the day in courage |

Quote Originally Posted by vWiz View Post
    At least the network issues section is being updated.

Still no ETA on when this is going to be done. My clients are probably on the search for a new host. Not a happy camper I am, and EZPZ was looking pretty good from the start :-/

Save the Day Dan! Im dying here!
    You are still using them for your new company - Could see that you love them

The hardware (drives and RAID card) is currently being replaced. Once we've started the restore we'll be able to give a rough ETA on how long it'll take to complete.

A RAID failure doesn't mean it's poorly maintained - it means faulty hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    A RAID failure doesn't mean it's poorly maintained - it means faulty hardware.
    +1

Last month I rebooted a backup server we had here.. it had been up for 700 some days.. I didn't check /etc/fstab for fsck before it went down and it fsck'd the drives for most of the day - since it hadn't checked them in x days..

Thank god for kvm!

A 4+ hour FSCK generally means there is something more going on and should be investigated.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    A 4+ hour FSCK generally means there is something more going on and should be investigated.
    Or massive array sizes. This is why we've only used <300 gig drives since inception, they fsck much faster without terabytes of data to parse. At any rate an fsck is standard operating procedure: you'd endure the same with any provider once in awhile.

With that said it's best to start restoring from backups early on in an emergency so if something like a fsck continues longterm you've already got a system almost ready to go live. It means leaving a spare system online but that too should be standard

Can you see the other feedback Faris? Told you fsck can be avoided if there's a proper planning I guess, this is the reason why most of my providers never gave me a downtime longer than 1-hr and take note that is scheduled. My unscheduled is only 30-mins
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Nobody has said a fsck can be avoided. The issue here isn't the fsck, it's the fact that the RAID array became corrupt.

Well I am a new to EZPZ customer within the last two weeks. I switched from another reseller because of major issues with support, not to mention losing 8 months worth of data on a client site they couldn't recover.

I am on US6 and have to say while not happy about downtime (no one ever is), I am satisfied with the response from EZPZ. EZPZ has answered every ticket I have had (setup mostly) within about 10 minutes, and they are always helpful replies. When they have had to escalate a ticket to another tech or Dan, I have gotten a response in less than 12 hours on low priority tickets. The 10 minute response time includes while US6 was down.

What amazes me is people expect less than 30 minute downtime with a provider. Granted, if I was paying for a cloud hosting solution I would expect that, but not a normal shared hosting environment. If anyone is that concerned about downtime and losing clients for interruptions like this, you can have multiple reseller accounts with hosts, make sure you have frequent backups between, and run a dns provider that will allow you to switch records fast. You are likely more than doubling your payment out... but isn't life always a tradeoff of money and service?

Sorry for the rant!

Jonathan

You will just have to wait this one out guys.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Maybe you should reconsider another quality hosting provider. In my opinion 6-hour fsck is cause by a poorly maintained server..
    The way you are addressing this is as if you are saying EZPZhosting is bad. You couldn't judge them when you have no experience with them. EZPZhosting have been a good host or you wouldn't have seen satisfied customers everywhere.

Update: So far 11GB has transferred out of around 200GB. We expect the restore to take a few more hours.

Update: 37GB restored.

Update: 60GB restored.

Update: 75GB restored.

75GB of 200GB,how long it still need

Just got put in to get an update half an hour ago. Sounds like more hardware issues:

Hello,

We're replacing the RAID card in the server now, as the kernel is panicing. We hope to have this server online soon.

Thank you kindly for your patience.

If you need any more help, please let me know.

Regards,

Justin

23:53: It seems there was less data to restore than we thought. The restore completed at 100GB but the new RAID card seems to be incompatible with the restore. We're replacing it again with a card of the same model as previously used.

what can I say?

We're just waiting for the DC to swap the card, we should be back up shortly.

In my opinion 6-hour fsck is cause by a poorly maintained server.
    That's incorrect, with a big RAID array it can take even days to finish, even if the server is well maintained.

This is not an opinion, this is fact.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

That's definitely a good sign of the service returning back to normal.

be prepared

Hi Dan,

Could you give us a probable time? we need to explain to our clients.

Thanks for you hard work

We're at the mercy of the datacenter unfortunately so can't really provide an ETA. We'll update the network issues page when it's booting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    That's incorrect, with a big RAID array it can take even days to finish, even if the server is well maintained.

This is not an opinion, this is fact.
    Is it possible to use small RAID?

Are you saying that you are willing to let your client wait for days because this is a fact?
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

02:44: Unfortunately we're having to run the restore again. We'll post updates for every 25GB restored.

Another 10 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    It appears that he is on Reseller Level too.
    Am sure once hes out grown reseller hosting and starts using dedi's he'll realise how much of what hes coming out with is BS
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    It appears that he is on Reseller Level too. Action speaks louder than words
    Chief I have Reseller and VPS and why will I get Dedi if I don't need it...*toink*
    But at least I know how to choose my providers. Ayt?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast