Websites loading very slow need help!

Hello,

We operate with our own VPS node and run OpenVZ with SolusVM.

I have created VPS and install Virtualmin/Webmin on it. I have used Virtualmin repositories ( http://software.virtualmin.com/bleed/centos/5/i386/virtualmin-bleed-release-1.0-1.rhel.noarch.rpm ) and epel repositories (http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm) so i can run php 5.2.17 and phpmyadmin last version.

I have not done anything other inordinate with installation and configuration the VPS and i have follow the tutorial on Virtualmin wiki. I use Centos 5 x86 image that i have downloaded from openvz.

But even i have reinstall and reconfigure my VPS 2-3 times i have problem when there are 50+ visitors online the website load from super fast is starting to load extremely slow! The VPS and the node load are low. The VPS load is less then 0.7 and the node load not more than 1.5. There are plenty of RAM and free network connection ( from 100mbps i use only 4-5 MAX ). My Node specification is i7 980X with 24GB of ram. I have notice the same problem on 2 different VPS i crate and install/configure with Virtualmin/Webmin. And both VPS are running different websites ( one is joomla and the second is wordpress ). Does anyone have any idea what can be the problem? Why even the VPS load is very low the websites are loading very, very slowly.

I accept any help!

Hi

Have you optimized the mysql on this VM ? (since you are using mysql heavy apps.)

Andrew

check how many connections are active to the server. are you running a firewall?

netstat -plan |grep ESTAB
    Servicios hosting en Colombia
    Marketing Digital Internet con Resultados

Quote Originally Posted by abtme View Post
    Hi

Have you optimized the mysql on this VM ? (since you are using mysql heavy apps.)

Andrew
    Yes i have done some optimization on mySQL and apache.

Quote Originally Posted by cuantica View Post
    check how many connections are active to the server. are you running a firewall?

100-200 connections it depends.

And no i did not have firewall because i did not have chance to install it. Immediately i start working on fixing the slow load.

Currently there are 15-20 online visitors and the websites is extremely slow, if it drop down to 9-10 online visitors and super fast. There is no middle part or the middle part is to short.
    And the load is:
    Code:
    top - 22:32:36 up 2 days,  5:58,  1 user,  load average: 1.55, 0.88, 0.54
    Tasks:  56 total,   2 running,  53 sleeping,   1 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 10.0%us,  0.7%sy,  0.0%ni, 89.3%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:   1048576k total,   396548k used,   652028k free,        0k buffers
    Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,        0k cached
    Last edited by sumi; 05-07-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuantica View Post

Just install CSF and configure CSF and i still have the same problem.

check your internet cab?

Did you do any benchmarks before putting in production?
    I know we've launched more than a few servers only to find we were shipped a faulty drive and it help up the array (very common until we stopped using Seagate) or the cpu (less rare) was an issue.

Your specs should handle a lot, and most any server could handle the load you're complaining about, but I'd just double check the drive before I wasted any more time on anything else.

But thats just bad personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by compITent View Post
    Did you do any benchmarks before putting in production?
    I know we've launched more than a few servers only to find we were shipped a faulty drive and it help up the array (very common until we stopped using Seagate) or the cpu (less rare) was an issue.

Your specs should handle a lot, and most any server could handle the load you're complaining about, but I'd just double check the drive before I wasted any more time on anything else.

But thats just bad personal experience.

Any suggestion how to do it ?

The strange thing is that i have cPanel VPS with A LOT MORE traffic and is working, no problem at all.

Thanks

Do both VPS have the same OS?

Have you tried running this site on another host? I would just assume its bad development for the site.

Quote Originally Posted by compITent View Post
    Do both VPS have the same OS?

Have you tried running this site on another host? I would just assume its bad development for the site.
    Hello,

Yes the both nodes have the same OS and the both VPS are crated from the same Image file i even try to setup from different image file 32bit and 64bit Centos which i have downloaded from OpenVZ download page.

And yes the website was running fine on shared host where he had more than 200+ visitors at the same time but the user was asked to move because ram and cpu usage. And here on VPS he cant go over 15-20 visitors online and NOT using cpu and ram at all.