Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dedicated / Colocation in UK, Italy and US East coast

We need some Servers in UK, Italy and US East cost (NY,WDC etc..) to expand more, but i am unable to find a provider that offers the needed specs - most just have "cheaper" i7/Older Xeon models which are unusable for us...

We need:
    • Dual Quadcore Intel Xeon (At least 55**, 2,4Ghz and up)
    • 24Gb Ram
    • 2x1Tb SAS 15k (this seems to be hard, most providers only have SATA or SSDs which is not enough for us)
    • 64-128 IPs for Virtualisation (Justification is not a problem)
    • Debian 5 (English)
    • Remote Reboot
    • 100Mbit with 5Tb Traffic
    • KVM
    • English support
    • Good local peering/transit to DSL/Cable etc. ISPs

Nice to have, but not needed:
    • IPv6
    • KVM with Virtual media
    • Hardware Upgrades possible in future (of course not free.)

Ideally we would want to buy that server over the Datacenter and colocate it with them, but renting as normal server is fine too.

Price does not matter much, but it should not be too expensive (Softlayer for example is too expensive).

Anyone knows some provider that can offer that?

Thanks!
    William

I was about to recommend you something from another company other than SoftLayer but since you said SoftLayer was TOO expensive, I think I better keep it to myself. LOL.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

For colocation on the east coast I'd recommend that you take a look at ColoStore.com
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

If you're willing to look at AMD based offerings, then you could give rohan over at dediShack a try for your UK based services, I'm sure he'd be happy to go over a slightly more custom machine with you. They're in a prime central London DC (great connectivity) and could prove a good choice!

Bret
    NetHosted Ltd. - UK Based Web Hosting
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by aodat2 View Post
    I was about to recommend you something from another company other than SoftLayer but since you said SoftLayer was TOO expensive, I think I better keep it to myself. LOL.
    Well the Softlayer base price is not that bad, but the upgrades are very expensive.

Are you looking for a host that can offer this on all locations or can it be different hosts?
    Any specific reason why you choose Italy in Europe?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

the only thing that most suppliers would have now days is meeting that many IPS as for us host it is almost impossible to get them our selves. we are still trying to get more IPv4 from ARIN and that is a tough job.

you justification you say would not be a problem just to let you know in uS they are not allowing ssl or VPS as justification now!
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

Try uk2.net for UK colo/dedi. If you are going with Softlayer go through 100tb, it will be cheaper.

Are you looking to purchase the hardware or lease to own? How many servers do you need in total? what is your budget for each server?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Are you looking to purchase the hardware or lease to own? How many servers do you need in total? what is your budget for each server?
    We want to Purchase it.
    1 for start.
    Budget is not fixed, but not too high.

try giving KPNQwest a call/email regarding Italy (Milan).

Try Voxel.net... they might be able to help you out.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

UK is done, goscomb made us a VERY competetive and good offer that we accepted straight away.

Thanks @Trix, i contact them.

Are you looking for a host that can offer this on all locations or can it be different hosts?
    Any specific reason why you choose Italy in Europe?
    Different hosts are fine.
    We have other locations in Europe already, and Italian speaking employees so we try to target the Italian market.

I would suggest crusing the Ad links and checking with the companies to see what they can do for you. One question i have is your budget says not to high. What price range does that fall in
    Ultra Fast VPS's

Italy... My pooooor country....
    Dedicate server: seeweb one of the most realible
    Colocation: itnet/it.net/qpnwest (I suggest you it.net)

I'm pretty sure you're not finding any offers for 15k 1TB sas drives because nobody makes any above 600gb, and even those cost a mint. 4x 500gb SATA raid 10 is going to be about as fast as two 15k drives, while getting you the space you're asking for, and also costing a lot less.

64-128 ips is going to seriously jack up the price, if you can even find anyone willing to provide that.

The rest of it really just depends on budget, since I have no idea what you're looking to pay, hard to say what providers would be appropriate for you.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hostd8 View Post
    you justification you say would not be a problem just to let you know in uS they are not allowing ssl or VPS as justification now!
    That's kind of ridiculous. Sure, I could see hosting providers basically saying "vps isn't good enough", but ARIN certainly can't say that because it's pretty obvious you need at least 1 ip per VPS.

Now, a hosting provider would often say no, because they might not be able to prove that all the ips they gave you are really being used for VPS's, which would make it hard for them to get more ips later when they need them. Also, some hosting providers might say to themselves "gee, I've only got X ips left and I'm going to have a heck of a time trying to get more because all my justification paperwork isn't up to snuff, so I better make these ips last", so again, they just won't give you the ips you're looking for.

As far as it goes, however, "VPS" is a perfectly legitimate and acceptable justification as long as you can prove to arin that is how you're using the ips, and they're not being wasted. But since most people aren't getting ips directly from ARIN in the first place, that's really a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    That's kind of ridiculous. Sure, I could see hosting providers basically saying "vps isn't good enough", but ARIN certainly can't say that because it's pretty obvious you need at least 1 ip per VPS.

I agree with your statement 100% this is what the account rep i was assigned to said once we have done more digging you are allowed to count them for 1 IP no more. needless to say we have ask to be switched to a new account rep. Still is a struggle to get IP's.

Also IPV6 is being handed out like candy! was able to get 65 Quad trillion with out justification. guess it will be better when we start switching everything over.
    Ultra Fast VPS's

Any other providers?

We got UK and Italy now covered... but still no one in the USA that can deliver what we want....

Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    Any other providers?

We got UK and Italy now covered... but still no one in the USA that can deliver what we want....
    Have you tried contacting SteadFast for USA?

Just curious, what providers did you end up going for it/uk?

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    4x 500gb SATA raid 10 is going to be about as fast as two 15k drives,
    You will need more spindles than than. At 100% random I/O, each SATA drive only deliver, at best, 1/3 IOPS compared to 15K drives.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    You will need more spindles than than. At 100% random I/O, each SATA drive only deliver, at best, 1/3 IOPS compared to 15K drives.
    Depends on the particular drives in question and the benchmark you're using. 2x is my rule of thumb, but certainly, picking the right drives to compare, you can find a combination of 7k SATA vs 15K SAS where the SAS is 3x the speed of the SATA

there are quite a few in UK doing DS & colo.
    Hope you got the best deal with goscomb.
    Try 100tb.com if you want US based DS/colo.

Regards,
    Adi

Just curious, what providers did you end up going for it/uk?
    Goscomb and (most likely, not fixed yet) KPNQwest Italia.

Hope you got the best deal with goscomb.
    Certainly.
    Above machine did cost us not even 2000 GBP, and colo is very cheap (sub 3 figures) incl. IPs (with justification) as needed.
    I did contact you (UK2) too, but never recieved any response so i moved on.

100tb.com is out of question, the only server that fits us would need massive upgrades and would cost us almost 1000USD / month then (think about it, for 3 months at that cost we can BUY a server...)

I contact steadfast, though i thought they are in Los Angeles (or somewhere else west coast)?
    Anyone knows if burstnet burst.net nocser (hope one of that triggers their corporate account keywords here ) does modifications to their dedicated offerings?
    Their Dual Xeon one is nice, but way not enough Ram or HDD even if reconfigured through their Order Panel....

Also: If we buy a server in UK/EU and plan to ship it to the US with documents that we will ship it back to the EU in future (no fixed date) - how much tax do we pay and do we get it back at export to europe?

Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    Also: If we buy a server in UK/EU and plan to ship it to the US with documents that we will ship it back to the EU in future (no fixed date) - how much tax do we pay and do we get it back at export to europe?
    It would be better to have the server build by a builder in USA so that incase of any problem related to hardware, you can return it to them and fix it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast