Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BurstNet VPS - Crap

Just a warning to anyone considering using BurstNet. I have a VPS with them and it's constantly going offline because the server (node) hosting it has crashed.

Their support staff are also generally quite rude.

I did have a longer review but WHT removed it for some reason. I haven't received any communication as to why it was removed. Perhaps because I wouldn't share my support ticket ID. Last time I checked, WHT rules don't state that a review must include a support ticket number. I had provided WHT with the IP address of my VPS.

You may think you're saving yourself money, but you're not. Stay away from them.

Stay away.

Individual refuses to substantiate his claim, with a ticket number, so we can validate or refute his claim, and assist if the claim is legitimate.

Our staff is not rude, but if you are rude to them (which this individual WAS being in his prior posting), you can assume they are not going to bend over backwards to help you, as they typically would.

WHT removed his prior thread...I'm sure for good reason.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    WHT removed his prior thread...I'm sure for good reason.
    Do you have any liaison with WHT or what? How WHT removes threads at your behest?

Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    Do you have any liaison with WHT or what? How WHT removes threads at your behest?
    I'm a bit curious about this to, I was under the impression that WHT does not remove any threads
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    Just a warning to anyone considering using BurstNet. I have a VPS with them and it's constantly going offline because the server (node) hosting it has crashed.

Their support staff are also generally quite rude.

I did have a longer review but WHT removed it for some reason. I haven't received any communication as to why it was removed. Perhaps because I wouldn't share my support ticket ID. Last time I checked, WHT rules don't state that a review must include a support ticket number. I had provided WHT with the IP address of my VPS.

You may think you're saving yourself money, but you're not. Stay away from them.

Stay away.
    I have a BurstNet VPS Plan #2 for VPS Web hosting - Have not had any problems so far, been a customer for about 2 weeks now. Haven't had to speak to support yet...

Now taking bets on how long until this guy gets banned

Exclamation

I thought this thread had already been removed from WHT for your pleasure?
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008

I was reading the old one and it got really interesting and when I clicked on page 3, it was already deleted. Now this is back... Hmmm...

OP, either you share a proof or stop trying to kill BurstNET.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    I'm a bit curious about this to, I was under the impression that WHT does not remove any threads
    I think unverified reviews are removed.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

We had nothing to do with the removal, we didn't even report the thread. We usually don't report things unless they are comeplete nonsense, and this individual may or may not have a legit complaint---we have no idea. WHT did this all on their own...and I'm sure they had good reason to.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    I think unverified reviews are removed.
    I have read the previous thread. And the OP had more than once offered to give proofs to mods (but not to burst.net).

I have read the previous thread. And the OP had more than once offered to give proofs to mods (but not to burst.net).
    Who is in a better position to look up the complaint and ticket history?

BurstNet on their own client? Or WHT? The defacto Burst support system?

/sarcasm

His offer to give proof, and his actually giving proof are two different things. Just like his claims of what happened with his VPS, and what ACTUALLY happened to his vps are (potentially) two different things.

The fact of the matter is, even if WHT does not exactly state that you must provide proof of your claims, it seems pretty logical that you need to provide proof of your claims.

It's like the scenario I placed in the previous thread:

If all a person has to do is prove they are a customer, there is NOTHING stopping a competitor of ours from renting a $5.95 server for one month, and then at the end of that month TRASH US TO HIGH HILLS AND BACK.

Becuase why? Because all they have to do is give an IP and a welcome letter from us? That's not likely.

So the OP thinks he doesn't have to prove his statements. Obviously WHT thought otherwise.

This thread will probably go away too at some point if the OP doesn't start providing something that allows us to review and validate or counterpoint his claims.

Mind you, as long as he doesn't throw libel, and we're able to at least get an idea of what he's talking about, i don't care if a thread stays up forever and a day. Even if we're in the wrong (We're only human.. we make mistakes).

But most logical people can surmise that unsubstantiated claims simply cannot be allowed to stay here and let people make judgments based on made-up "Data" and "personal experience".

The OP has yet to show that he subscribes to this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    Who is in a better position to look up the complaint and ticket history?

BurstNet on their own client? Or WHT? The defacto Burst support system?

/sarcasm
    The bigger question is: Is the OP required by WHT rules to post ticket IDs etc for the benefit of reviewed host or he can simply get away by proving to WHT mods that he is/was a client of the host in question.

The bigger question is: Is the OP required by WHT rules to post ticket IDs etc for the benefit of reviewed host or he can simply get away by proving to WHT mods that he is/was a client of the host in question.
    This again goes to my suggested strategy that if all a person has to do is prove they were a customer, the one month of a $5.95 VPS could offer our competition endless amounts of trash talking and lies.

We still, to this moment, are not saying the OP doesn't have a valid claim. We just have no way to know, and if we can't even know if his claim is valid, how can anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    This again goes to my suggested strategy that if all a person has to do is prove they were a customer, the one month of a $5.95 VPS could offer our competition endless amounts of trash talking and lies.

We still, to this moment, are not saying the OP doesn't have a valid claim. We just have no way to know, and if we can't even know if his claim is valid, how can anyone else?
    They can't, and that's why no one will likely trust his review. If he was honestly interested in warning people and not just venting, he would provide what is necessary to prove that his situation is legitimate. There's plenty of people around here happy to prove how well Burst's service works.
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by jarland View Post
    They can't, and that's why no one will likely trust his review.
    Actually that's wrong.

We have had people blast us for being terminated for T.O.S. violations and the inability to pass a fraud check. They then will make up b.s. "reviews" based on their experience that has absolutely nothing to do with our real service offering. Then you have competitors on WHT who will always cite 'go look at their reviews'.

This is what the Burst rep is reviewing to. Completely b.s. reviews painting a tainted picture.

WHT can and does remove posts or threads. Refer to the Rules (linked at the top of every page.)

We don't know why WHT would remove the other thread, but perhaps the OP has not provided the required proof of his personal experience with Burst.net. Burst is a huge company, and I suppose people's experiences can be as varied as the number of servers they have, but my experience has been OK with them so far.

Wow, another bad review?

Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post
    Wow, another bad review?
    Maybe. What we do know is that the OP has made some stern remarks but is unable to produce any one piece of evidence to backup his claim.

And there will always be bad and good reviews. You can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    They've been nuking post a lot recently to.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

I provided proof to WHT that I was a customer of Burst and I'd offered, if required, to show the ticket emails to WHT.

I refused to post the details of my ticket here because I think Burst are quite simply the rudest people to deal with and I didn't want to discuss the whole incident again since this is simply a REVIEW and not a support request / public hearing.

The WHT rules do not state any requirement to post private support tickets. Although Burst may not like that, it shouldn't mean that they can put pressure on mods to remove threads.

Failing to post my ticket ID doesn't make my review any less accurate. The automatic bias towards 'oh he must be lying because he wont post his ticket ID' is nonsense.

People can take this review into consideration with the many others and then make their own minds up.

If your experience was so bad, just post the proof, Let burst verify your claims and move on.

we're planning to get services from burst.net 3- 5 days or less from now, we do hope we can get promotional code from them.

but still looking for any good and bad comments to be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    I provided proof to WHT that I was a customer of Burst and I'd offered, if required, to show the ticket emails to WHT.

I refused to post the details of my ticket here because I think Burst are quite simply the rudest people to deal with and I didn't want to discuss the whole incident again since this is simply a REVIEW and not a support request / public hearing.

The WHT rules do not state any requirement to post private support tickets. Although Burst may not like that, it shouldn't mean that they can put pressure on mods to remove threads.

Failing to post my ticket ID doesn't make my review any less accurate. The automatic bias towards 'oh he must be lying because he wont post his ticket ID' is nonsense.

People can take this review into consideration with the many others and then make their own minds up.
    I don't think you're lying, I just think that there are two sides to every story and I'd personally be interested in seeing if they offered an appropriate solution. Problems happen, you and I both know that.
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast