Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31

    BurstNet VPS - Crap

    Just a warning to anyone considering using BurstNet. I have a VPS with them and it's constantly going offline because the server (node) hosting it has crashed.

    Their support staff are also generally quite rude.

    I did have a longer review but WHT removed it for some reason. I haven't received any communication as to why it was removed. Perhaps because I wouldn't share my support ticket ID. Last time I checked, WHT rules don't state that a review must include a support ticket number. I had provided WHT with the IP address of my VPS.

    You may think you're saving yourself money, but you're not. Stay away from them.

    Stay away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Individual refuses to substantiate his claim, with a ticket number, so we can validate or refute his claim, and assist if the claim is legitimate.

    Our staff is not rude, but if you are rude to them (which this individual WAS being in his prior posting), you can assume they are not going to bend over backwards to help you, as they typically would.

    WHT removed his prior thread...I'm sure for good reason.
    .
    .

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    WHT removed his prior thread...I'm sure for good reason.
    .
    .
    Do you have any liaison with WHT or what? How WHT removes threads at your behest?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    Do you have any liaison with WHT or what? How WHT removes threads at your behest?
    I'm a bit curious about this to, I was under the impression that WHT does not remove any threads
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    Just a warning to anyone considering using BurstNet. I have a VPS with them and it's constantly going offline because the server (node) hosting it has crashed.

    Their support staff are also generally quite rude.

    I did have a longer review but WHT removed it for some reason. I haven't received any communication as to why it was removed. Perhaps because I wouldn't share my support ticket ID. Last time I checked, WHT rules don't state that a review must include a support ticket number. I had provided WHT with the IP address of my VPS.

    You may think you're saving yourself money, but you're not. Stay away from them.

    Stay away.
    I have a BurstNet VPS Plan #2 for VPS Web hosting - Have not had any problems so far, been a customer for about 2 weeks now. Haven't had to speak to support yet...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,765
    Now taking bets on how long until this guy gets banned

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,942

    Exclamation

    I thought this thread had already been removed from WHT for your pleasure?
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,762
    I was reading the old one and it got really interesting and when I clicked on page 3, it was already deleted. Now this is back... Hmmm...

    OP, either you share a proof or stop trying to kill BurstNET.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bharat
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    I'm a bit curious about this to, I was under the impression that WHT does not remove any threads
    Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    Do you have any liaison with WHT or what? How WHT removes threads at your behest?
    I think unverified reviews are removed.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    Do you have any liaison with WHT or what? How WHT removes threads at your behest?
    We had nothing to do with the removal, we didn't even report the thread. We usually don't report things unless they are comeplete nonsense, and this individual may or may not have a legit complaint---we have no idea. WHT did this all on their own...and I'm sure they had good reason to.
    .
    .

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    I think unverified reviews are removed.
    I have read the previous thread. And the OP had more than once offered to give proofs to mods (but not to burst.net).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    I have read the previous thread. And the OP had more than once offered to give proofs to mods (but not to burst.net).
    Who is in a better position to look up the complaint and ticket history?

    BurstNet on their own client? Or WHT? The defacto Burst support system?

    /sarcasm
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    I have read the previous thread. And the OP had more than once offered to give proofs to mods (but not to burst.net).
    His offer to give proof, and his actually giving proof are two different things. Just like his claims of what happened with his VPS, and what ACTUALLY happened to his vps are (potentially) two different things.

    The fact of the matter is, even if WHT does not exactly state that you must provide proof of your claims, it seems pretty logical that you need to provide proof of your claims.

    It's like the scenario I placed in the previous thread:

    If all a person has to do is prove they are a customer, there is NOTHING stopping a competitor of ours from renting a $5.95 server for one month, and then at the end of that month TRASH US TO HIGH HILLS AND BACK.

    Becuase why? Because all they have to do is give an IP and a welcome letter from us? That's not likely.

    So the OP thinks he doesn't have to prove his statements. Obviously WHT thought otherwise.

    This thread will probably go away too at some point if the OP doesn't start providing something that allows us to review and validate or counterpoint his claims.

    Mind you, as long as he doesn't throw libel, and we're able to at least get an idea of what he's talking about, i don't care if a thread stays up forever and a day. Even if we're in the wrong (We're only human.. we make mistakes).

    But most logical people can surmise that unsubstantiated claims simply cannot be allowed to stay here and let people make judgments based on made-up "Data" and "personal experience".

    The OP has yet to show that he subscribes to this logic.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    Who is in a better position to look up the complaint and ticket history?

    BurstNet on their own client? Or WHT? The defacto Burst support system?

    /sarcasm
    The bigger question is: Is the OP required by WHT rules to post ticket IDs etc for the benefit of reviewed host or he can simply get away by proving to WHT mods that he is/was a client of the host in question.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by seefull View Post
    The bigger question is: Is the OP required by WHT rules to post ticket IDs etc for the benefit of reviewed host or he can simply get away by proving to WHT mods that he is/was a client of the host in question.
    This again goes to my suggested strategy that if all a person has to do is prove they were a customer, the one month of a $5.95 VPS could offer our competition endless amounts of trash talking and lies.

    We still, to this moment, are not saying the OP doesn't have a valid claim. We just have no way to know, and if we can't even know if his claim is valid, how can anyone else?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    This again goes to my suggested strategy that if all a person has to do is prove they were a customer, the one month of a $5.95 VPS could offer our competition endless amounts of trash talking and lies.

    We still, to this moment, are not saying the OP doesn't have a valid claim. We just have no way to know, and if we can't even know if his claim is valid, how can anyone else?
    They can't, and that's why no one will likely trust his review. If he was honestly interested in warning people and not just venting, he would provide what is necessary to prove that his situation is legitimate. There's plenty of people around here happy to prove how well Burst's service works.
    MXroute - E-mail Hosting for Your Domain.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by jarland View Post
    They can't, and that's why no one will likely trust his review.
    Actually that's wrong.

    We have had people blast us for being terminated for T.O.S. violations and the inability to pass a fraud check. They then will make up b.s. "reviews" based on their experience that has absolutely nothing to do with our real service offering. Then you have competitors on WHT who will always cite 'go look at their reviews'.

    This is what the Burst rep is reviewing to. Completely b.s. reviews painting a tainted picture.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,766
    WHT can and does remove posts or threads. Refer to the Rules (linked at the top of every page.)

    We don't know why WHT would remove the other thread, but perhaps the OP has not provided the required proof of his personal experience with Burst.net. Burst is a huge company, and I suppose people's experiences can be as varied as the number of servers they have, but my experience has been OK with them so far.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    312
    Wow, another bad review?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post
    Wow, another bad review?
    Maybe. What we do know is that the OP has made some stern remarks but is unable to produce any one piece of evidence to backup his claim.

    And there will always be bad and good reviews. You can't please everyone.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    I'm a bit curious about this to, I was under the impression that WHT does not remove any threads
    They've been nuking post a lot recently to.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31
    I provided proof to WHT that I was a customer of Burst and I'd offered, if required, to show the ticket emails to WHT.

    I refused to post the details of my ticket here because I think Burst are quite simply the rudest people to deal with and I didn't want to discuss the whole incident again since this is simply a REVIEW and not a support request / public hearing.

    The WHT rules do not state any requirement to post private support tickets. Although Burst may not like that, it shouldn't mean that they can put pressure on mods to remove threads.

    Failing to post my ticket ID doesn't make my review any less accurate. The automatic bias towards 'oh he must be lying because he wont post his ticket ID' is nonsense.

    People can take this review into consideration with the many others and then make their own minds up.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    214
    If your experience was so bad, just post the proof, Let burst verify your claims and move on.

  24. #24
    we're planning to get services from burst.net 3- 5 days or less from now, we do hope we can get promotional code from them.

    but still looking for any good and bad comments to be reviewed.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    I provided proof to WHT that I was a customer of Burst and I'd offered, if required, to show the ticket emails to WHT.

    I refused to post the details of my ticket here because I think Burst are quite simply the rudest people to deal with and I didn't want to discuss the whole incident again since this is simply a REVIEW and not a support request / public hearing.

    The WHT rules do not state any requirement to post private support tickets. Although Burst may not like that, it shouldn't mean that they can put pressure on mods to remove threads.

    Failing to post my ticket ID doesn't make my review any less accurate. The automatic bias towards 'oh he must be lying because he wont post his ticket ID' is nonsense.

    People can take this review into consideration with the many others and then make their own minds up.
    I don't think you're lying, I just think that there are two sides to every story and I'd personally be interested in seeing if they offered an appropriate solution. Problems happen, you and I both know that.
    MXroute - E-mail Hosting for Your Domain.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    He simply refuses to show proof and despite what he thinks anyone should or should not do, I can only assume he's not telling the full story, and is trying to hide something.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, Jawja
    Posts
    3,066
    When someone posts a review (whether good or bad), the WHT Liaison/Leaders team are 100% within their rights to request a domain or other verifiable proof of customer status, if they feel the review is questionable.

    What WHT teamies will NOT do is reveal those details to anyone, except to confirm that the review was posted by a person legitimately. If the information provided by the poster is not accurate, or they do not respond in a timely manner, then WHT has the right (at its discretion) to toss the thread. I don't know what the specific time requirement is now, but when I was liaising, we generally gave 24-48 hours.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

    Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    When someone posts a review (whether good or bad), the WHT Liaison/Leaders team are 100% within their rights to request a domain or other verifiable proof of customer status, if they feel the review is questionable.

    What WHT teamies will NOT do is reveal those details to anyone, except to confirm that the review was posted by a person legitimately. If the information provided by the poster is not accurate, or they do not respond in a timely manner, then WHT has the right (at its discretion) to toss the thread. I don't know what the specific time requirement is now, but when I was liaising, we generally gave 24-48 hours.
    Interesting, thanks for the info. So what happened to my previous thread? I'd given the details of my VPS in a ticket and received no communication at all from WHT about the thread, it just disappeared.

    Another guy had one of his posts removed in his thread, where he said he'd heard bad things about burst. Again he received no communication from WHT about why his post was removed, it just disappeared.

  29. #29
    Yeah i know that the hosting is crashed, that's why i leave it few days ago.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    Failing to post my ticket ID doesn't make my review any less accurate. The automatic bias towards 'oh he must be lying because he wont post his ticket ID' is nonsense.

    People can take this review into consideration with the many others and then make their own minds up.
    From WHT's rules: "You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services."

    It's not rocket science to track down any IP on BurstNET's IP space and "claim" that it's yours. That proves nothing. Supplying a BurstNET ticket number to WHT's mods also proves nothing.

    Instead, you're taking the "guilty until proved innocent" approach by claiming to be or have been a BurstNET customer and having had a bad experience, and apparently not wishing to give BurstNET any opportunity to verify that you were ever a customer of theirs, and agree/disagree with your claims.

    In my mind, that makes your review utterly valueless. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with that opinion.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31
    @F-DNS, I am within the WHT rules. The rules don't say anything about having to give ticket details to Burst.

    I included in my ticket with WHT that I was prepared to provide any proof they wanted. If they were to have asked me to host a specific page on my server then I would have. The point is that there was no communication at all, the thread simply disappeared.

    Is this how every negative review is handled? Called BS until the company you're reviewing confirms you were a customer? What nonsense.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    Another guy had one of his posts removed in his thread, where he said he'd heard bad things about burst. Again he received no communication from WHT about why his post was removed, it just disappeared.
    Because he violated the rules!

    You cannot make such a statement on WHT, regarding 3rd party information. Only first hand information, of your own experiences, can be posted, as per WHT rules.
    Saying he "heard bad things", with nothing to back that up, and no firsthand experience violates that, and as far as we know, he read a few thread titles only (and not the threads in whole, where it was explained that the user was canned for non-payment, or spamming, etc...), and made his decision.

    The rules are there for a reason, to be fair, and prevent such nonsense.
    .
    .

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Because he violated the rules!

    You cannot make such a statement on WHT, regarding 3rd party information. Only first hand information, of your own experiences, can be posted, as per WHT rules.
    Saying he "heard bad things", with nothing to back that up, and no firsthand experience violates that, and as far as we know, he read a few thread titles only (and not the threads in whole, where it was explained that the user was canned for non-payment, or spamming, etc...), and made his decision.

    The rules are there for a reason, to be fair, and prevent such nonsense.
    .
    .
    I heard bad things about Bin Laden but had no first hand experience. I guess he probably wasn't a bad guy after all.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    @F-DNS, I am within the WHT rules. The rules don't say anything about having to give ticket details to Burst.
    You can run around all day long making accusations and hiding behind rule books, but how does that make you look? At some point someone is going to get bored with you and say "put up or shut up".

    What's your problem with posting the ticket number? Is there something in that ticket that you'd rather not be known?

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    @F-DNS, I am within the WHT rules. The rules don't say anything about having to give ticket details to Burst.

    I included in my ticket with WHT that I was prepared to provide any proof they wanted. If they were to have asked me to host a specific page on my server then I would have. The point is that there was no communication at all, the thread simply disappeared.

    Is this how every negative review is handled? Called BS until the company you're reviewing confirms you were a customer? What nonsense.


    You joined WHT just to start harassing us, you post the same post/details in multiple threads (WHT violation), you claim some outrageous issues (probably completely blown out of proportion, or lacking details, possibly not liking our proposed resolution...if indeed legit at all), you insult our staff (claiming they are rude, when such is not the case if you treat us professionally yourself...the exact opposite is true in fact, that we go above and beyond all the time in what we are obligated to do...), and then refuse to give us a chance to offer our side of the story (whether we are wrong and had a mistake/issue, or we did nothing wrong).

    For some reason you think you can post what you did, and give us no chance to dispute it or offer our side of the story, or even admit an issue/mistake and apologize and try and make it right. Sorry, but this is a two way street, and if you want to post as you did, you have to be prepared to have us be able to respond. If not, then your posting can only be taken by the public as nonsense, untruthful, or lacking full details.
    .
    .

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    You can run around all day long making accusations and hiding behind rule books, but how does that make you look? At some point someone is going to get bored with you and say "put up or shut up".

    What's your problem with posting the ticket number? Is there something in that ticket that you'd rather not be known?
    He probably thinks we are going to figure out who he is and go and delete his account (which may be working perfectly fine as far as we know...), because we are going to ruin our 20-year old company's reputation by deleting a $5.95 VPS as revenge

    If that is not the case, then the only other reason it could be is that he is hiding something, or not telling the truth... ...as there is no other reason for him not to post the ticket # and prove his point. Something just does not smell right any way you look at this.

    Honestly, at this point, so much time has been wasted in this thread already, I wish he would just post the ticket #, we find we did make a mistake, own up to it and just refund him and send him on his way. It's just not worth the $5 he probably paid to have to keep posting in this thread!
    .
    .

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    He probably thinks we are going to figure out who he is and go and delete his account (which may be working perfectly fine as far as we know...), because we are going to ruin our 20-year old company's reputation by deleting a $5.95 VPS as revenge
    Riiiiiiiiiight

    <OT>What's the ETA for Windoze VPSs in Miami and UK please Mr BurstNET Sir? (Might as well use this thread for something useful )</OT>

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    I heard bad things about Bin Laden but had no first hand experience. I guess he probably wasn't a bad guy after all.
    The rules are the rules at WHT, regardless of whether you agree with them or like them. They are there for a reason, and carefully crafted based on years of experience by our wonderful Mods.

    PS - I didn't check, but I bet there is something about not discussing politics in the rules as well, or atleast to keep it to the off-topic discussion areas. We are all not here to discuss politics, but rather the IT relevant industry. Your response is not relevant, and quite illogical, as the rules are not designed for such subject matter, and crafted specifically for the content that WHT was designed for.
    .
    .

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiight

    <OT>What's the ETA for Windoze VPSs in Miami and UK please Mr BurstNET Sir? (Might as well use this thread for something useful )</OT>
    Funny you should ask...one of our guys flew down there today, and as we speak he is setting up the nodes actually. Waiting on some parts still to be delivered this week there, but I would expect budget Windows VPS service to be available in the Miami POP beginning of next week. We are almost sold out of PA and CA, so we want to get FL up ASAP, while we await the production shipment to PA & CA. The FL shipment being installed is the production shipment, and there will be plenty of availability once live next week...

    As far as the UK....unknown yet, but by the end of this month I would expect, maybe sooner, but possibly limited availability to start.
    .
    .

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,900
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    The FL shipment being installed is the production shipment, and there will be plenty of availability once live next week...

    As far as the UK....unknown yet, but by the end of this month I would expect
    Makes note in diary to start checking the order pages on a daily basis from Monday (again) LOL

    Thanks for the update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HostNOC and BurstNet Crap!
    By T-4-K in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 02:31 PM
  2. VPS is crap
    By Jame$ in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 12:36 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
  4. Burstnet full of crap
    By midnight in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-21-2001, 04:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •