Question Softlayer San Jose - Any user?

Just learned about the new San Jose Softlayer DC. I'm wondering if there's an Asian WHT member currently using this facility. Any feedback about the latency? Also, do you know any provider using the SJ datacenter? Thanks
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

I know that HawkHost and ClubUptime are offering deals at Softlayer San Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Just learned about the new San Jose Softlayer DC. I'm wondering if there's an Asian WHT member currently using this facility. Any feedback about the latency? Also, do you know any provider using the SJ datacenter? Thanks
    We've been in the San Jose location since the day it opened. Its actually been really, really good so far. We don't have many people on it (yet), but the latency seems to be about 20-30ms lower on average from the west coast to the east coast (To South Florida, in our case).
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    We've been in the San Jose location since the day it opened. Its actually been really, really good so far. We don't have many people on it (yet), but the latency seems to be about 20-30ms lower on average from the west coast to the east coast (To South Florida, in our case).
    There was private network issues at launch. Latency wise we've noticed it to be about the same as Seattle although some international customers seem to still have relatively sporadic routing to both locations (primarily China).

Since we've launched the SJC location we've seen a fairly even spread of people from Asia selecting San Jose and Seattle however it's still a bit early to tell how it will do in the long run. I know we have issues constantly with routes from Asia going all wonky one day and being immaculate the next.
    Last edited by CodyRo; 05-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Let's Encrypt Sponsor.

Wow! Both of you reply so quickly after my post!

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    There was private network issues at launch. Latency wise we've noticed it to be about the same as Seattle although some international customers seem to still have relatively sporadic routing to both locations (primarily China).
    We saw one isolated routing issue from South Korea where they were sent from California to New York and back to California. Past that, everything has been stable so far.

We don't use the private network much from location to location so I didn't notice anything there.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Andrew, Matt and Cody - thanks for the reply
    I'm looking into this location as my addition to WebNX
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.