When Is It A Good Time To Move To Dedicated Hosting?

Hello everyone.

I am with HostGator and really have no complaints. But, I was wondering when is it a good time to move from shared hosting to dedicated hosting plan?

Right now, I am on HostGator's Shared Hosted Plan "Baby".

I have about 6 wordpress blogs and growing. I am also getting ready to create a forum.

Traffic right now is not a lot, but I am looking to grow each wordpress blog to 40,000+ visitors a day. This will take sometime.

In your opinion, when is it a good time to move to HostGator's dedicated hosting?

Thanks
    Tintu is a freelance content writer.
    # Mobile Number Portability In India

It's time to move over if you are using up too much of their server resources
    Another good reason is if you want to have more freedom, install your own preferred control panel, enable apache / php modules which you need which your shared hosting provider does not enable by default, optimize the server for your own needs etc...

Off course, you would also need the budget since it's more expensive than a shared hosting account.
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

I think any time is a good time. If you expect your site to grow rapidly you don't want to move when there is a large amount of traffic and possible create downtime. I do think you should check out the WHT forums for dedicated servers, there are alot of good providers on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tintu View Post
    Traffic right now is not a lot, but I am looking to grow each wordpress blog to 40,000+ visitors a day. This will take sometime.
    Well, it depends how much money you want to burn. If your website is working fine on a shared hosting plan, I don't see any need to switch to a dedicated server until you start receiving that sort of traffic making it necessary. Another option would be to consider a VPS, or a semi-dedicated / hybrid server ... some middle ground between shared hosting and dedicated servers.

Why spend extra money if you don't have to? Also consider that if you're not technically inclined, you'll have to hire a management company with that dedicated server to keep things secure because the last thing you want is your blog being defaced while you're passed out drunk on the floor after a night of partying with the local frat boys. (Assuming you guys have frat boys in India, but non the less, I bet you know how to have a good time!)
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Hey Tintu, the way you are support to go up the ladder is

Web Hosting --> VPS Hosting --> Dedicated Server

Don't just skip 1 step and jump to the next. Going on to a VPS might be less expensive and should be within your budget.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com