Justhost is absolute rubbish. Time to find a new reseller. Any suggestions?

Hey guys,

Just needing some advice.

I am on Justhosts's unlimited reseller package.

I am getting absolutely fed up with their servers.

They are constantly down, their support is an absolute joke and outtages are becoming more of a normal thing rather than a rare thing.

At the moment I have only about 50 customers. I don't care how long it takes me, but i want to move away from justhost.

It is absolutely embarassing.

The server they have placed resellers on is so slow its now getting ridiculous.

The only time they seem to monitor the servers CPU Usage is when I report it!! The other day it hit 29.0 23.0 31.0

It doesnt end there.... 2 customers of mine lost their websites, and when I asked them to retrieve a backup they didnt have one at all!!!! Their response was simply, its not our responsibility.

I am desperate to find a new host.
    Ultimately I need to find one that offers the same sort of service : whm/cpanel, whmcs and unlimited hosting.

Your thoughts and advice would really be appreciated here.

Well the main problem here is the word "Unlimited", which is what is causing the server to overload as they are overselling irresponsibly.

If you can go with a realistic package and a proper budget, you should be able to find a proper hosting provider for your needs.
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

James the only issue I have is I now have 60 customers that have been promised an unlimited plan for me.

I like to be honest with my customers. And I don't know how I can go back and explain to them the offer is being withdrawn.

I am in a real catch 22 right now and justhost have absolutely screwed me.

I guess I can always advertise the packages as being unlimited - but I don't feel comfortable doing that - I only have one customer that has used up around 2 gigs of disk space. The rest are very much below that mark.

What are my options?

Any advice?

I hate justhost so much right now.

Well maybe you can revise your plans now to reflect realistic disk space offers.

As for those clients who signed up previously, I will not suggest you to change the plans and you will have to eat up on whatever usages they are using. Most clients will not use too much disk space so you should be fine if you stop offering unlimited offers now.
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

Can you guys suggest some decent hosting companies out there?

Speed and support are important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto View Post
    Can you guys suggest some decent hosting companies out there?

Speed and support are important for me.
    You may want to start here:-
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Make sure you look for realistic plans and not plans that promises too much for too little as they are normally overselling their servers to the max, which is the main cause of overloading.

I will also suggest you to avoid those alpha resellers, master resellers, etc type of plans and ensure that the provider you are researching for is not selling their reseller hosting plans from an alpha or master reseller account but instead have their own proper servers.

Get your WHMCS license from licensepal.com for $12.95/month and then find a Reseller that meets your requirements diskspace and bandwidth wise.

Look for plans offering realistic diskspace and bandwidth quotas at affordable prices.

Avoid providers offering so-called unlimited diskspace and bandwidth or just offering too much GB of diskspace and bandwidth for ridiculously low prices (might as well be unlimited because they have no intention of letting you use all of it).

Do let us know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by HostXNow_Chris; 05-04-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added more info

What sort of budget do you have? Any other specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

I had the same problem with justhost. Servers were down like 5 times a day, support was terrible (generic)

Like others said look for realistic plan, never go with unlimited plans, because if they offer unlimited they are overselling server.

When i canceled with justhost i went to dedicated server, and I have never regret that decision.

If you are looking for server, or just reseller plan I would recommend 040Hosting. Uptime is excellent(as I speak I have 49 days uptime and still going)and their support is really excellent. With 040Hosting I assure you will be happy.
    PremiumCoding you recieve a vivid, eye-catching coding solutions.
    Check our latest Wordpress Themes.

Would like to suggest admo[dot]net or HostXnow those are some pretty good quality hosting company's who do offer reseller accounts. Admo has been around since the 90's and HostX has been around since 2009.

However if you have a preferred Location. Admo is based in the United States, and HostX is based in UK hosting. But either would be promising.

Good Luck on your search, and god speed
    ██ J.Mike Duff -http://www.cheetahhost.net
    ██ Dedicated/Shared Hosting/Reseller Hosting
    ██ Web Hosting, Money Back Guarantee! 100% Uptime Guaranteed! 24x7 online Support.
    ██ Gone Green 100% Powered Source CheetahHost LLC.,

I'd suggest asking what the hosts load averages are and have them send you a screenshot of their available servers WHM showing it. You will know 2 things, 1. How long they take to answer you and 2. The actual load averages.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Unlimited plans usually end up with high server loads, reduced server reliability etc As you had stated that you have 50 clients as of now, it would be better to opt for a more reliable hosting company, you can ask for a free trial account to make sure that the server(s) are not oversold.
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Try to check the Advertising Forum's Web Hosting Offers section. You can find what you're looking for there.

There's a lot of good hosts. None of them unlimited, of course.
    Maybe look at MDDHosting?
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto View Post
    James the only issue I have is I now have 60 customers that have been promised an unlimited plan for me.

I like to be honest with my customers. And I don't know how I can go back and explain to them the offer is being withdrawn.

I am in a real catch 22 right now and justhost have absolutely screwed me.

I guess I can always advertise the packages as being unlimited - but I don't feel comfortable doing that - I only have one customer that has used up around 2 gigs of disk space. The rest are very much below that mark.

What are my options?

Any advice?

I hate justhost so much right now.
    Well its a good thing you caught onto this now and later. Claiming to offer unlimited disks-pace/bandwidth almost certainly never ends good for the company (especially for start ups like your-self).

The first step, will be for you to first determine exactly how much diskspace/bandwidth you are currently using (you can find out this infromation by logging into your WHM).

Once you have an idea about how much resources you are currently using, you can proceed with finding a reseller plan that will fit your needs. In the meantime, I would change the plans you are offering ASAP!
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

You should check some reputable reseller providers that are active in this forum so that in case of any problem you can discuss here.
    Before going to ahead, you should select a reseller provider that does not have a thing like UNLIMITED otherwise end will be same as this.
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

yea, checked their website.. they are bragging their unlimited a lot.

I recommend ezpzhosting or httpme. those guys are great.

In here in my country, we have local host providers that can sell 5GB of space for like 60 cents a month! web hosting and overselling will always go hand in hand.. at least most of the time.