15 4 month review [BAD!]

I have been using Host Fantastic ( for 4 months now and would like to post a review.

There was no domain hosted as I had a Windows VPS with them.

The main server IP was which mods can use for verification.

OK to start off with everything was great, I never noticed any downtime and although pings are pretty high considering I am not far from their datacenter speeds are pretty good, uploading from my VPS to the personal Linux server I have at home gives me download speeds of 7MBPS - 11MBPS on a 100mbit home connection.

Ping result:

Pinging [] with 32 bytes
    Reply from bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=11
    Reply from bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=11
    Reply from bytes=32 time=139ms TTL=1
    Reply from bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=11
    Ping statistics for
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% lo
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 139ms, Average = 58ms
    I had 50% off for the first 3 months as a promotion which was great, I was only paying ~16 per month for the first 3 months. During the 3rd month I removed the card I had stored as it had been cancelled due to it being stolen, I left it with no card details as I was waiting for my new card to be sent out.

Once I had my new card I logged in to go and update it, the invoice by this time should of been just 2 days late, which in my opinion is fairly acceptable. When I logged in I found the invoice to be at a paid status. When I went through the payment details it turned out the payment had been taken from my old card which I had previously removed 1 week prior. For some reason the bank allowed this transaction to go through, I had transferred all my funds from my bank to another bank for security as the card had been stolen, which meant the payment left my account in an overdrawn state, I incurred 20 in charges from my bank because of this.

The fact that they managed to charge a card that I had removed from their WHMCS system means that they are illegally storing credit card details somewhere else, which was not authorized by me. The fact that they managed to get around the card cancellation is something I need to take up with the bank but never-the-less what they did is still fraud. It is unfaithful to their clients and because of this I am cancelling my account at the end of this billing cycle.

Their hosting is decent but their ethics are all wrong, if they can do that just to get a payment on time what else are they willing to do? Why are they storing credit card information in the first place? And finally what do they plan on doing with that information?

If you value your privacy stay away from this host, they have fraud written all over them.

Hello Kevin

Do you have any ticket opened with them about this?
    blINKwooD - Offshore Hosting Solution
    DDoS Protected Servers - OpenVZ KVM SSD & WIN VPS - Managed & Unmanaged
    Five4Design - Quality design at low cost

I sent them an email when it happened but never got a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by -TheCod3r- View Post
    The fact that they managed to charge a card that I had removed from their WHMCS system means that they are illegally storing credit card details somewhere else, which was not authorized by me.
    Agree. It's not right for them to store your credit card without your consent.
    Have you submitted cancellation request when your vps is due to renew after the first 3 months.
    From my experience UK providers seem to handle credit card payment differently from US.

Hey Peter,

Yes I submitted one yesterday also informing them that I was writing this post, I will let you know if they stick to it on the 16th

Bristol, UK
    I would like to defend our company and state we are not ILLEGALLY storing your card details. Our terms of service clearly state

"Customers paying by credit/debit card acknowledge that unless services are cancelled or the payment method chosen is changed by the customer, we will automatically bill the card used at the time of the order using details stored by our secure merchant."

The details are held with the merchant, if a customer wishes to change their payment details they need to remove the old one and put in a new payment method or cancel the service. Your account will be cancelled as requested.

Any customer who pays for a service agrees to terms and conditions for the service, we have not broken ANY of our terms of service.

Premium UK .Net hosting and VPS at affordable prices