What is the different between web hosting and web desingning?

Today the trend of IT technology become very popular and increasing day by day. Many times i hear about web hosting but i don't know about it and what is the different between web hosting and web designing? If you know than please reply me soon.

Wikipedia is the best place to give you basic information about the things you don't know!

Read the following articles from the start! You will get some idea about it!

Web Hosting Service

Web Designing

If you don't want to read then I must tell you that web designing means to design a website!
    Designing a website has become very easy as new softwares have come like Adobe Dreamviwer and there are pre made scripts in market like Forum and Blog scripts...

Web Hosting means to host the website pages you created online on world wide web!
    Web Hosting Service providers give you some space where you can upload your files so that people world wide can see them or download them!

Hope I helped you!
    Last edited by dareknyght; 05-04-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks for your links but i think we all know basic difference between web host and web design.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepitt77 View Post
    Today the trend of IT technology become very popular and increasing day by day. Many times i hear about web hosting but i don't know about it and what is the different between web hosting and web designing? If you know than please reply me soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcwebhosting View Post
    Thanks for your links but i think we all know basic difference between web host and web design.
    ...the thread was started because andrepitt77 doesn't know the difference between those and would like some answer.

web designing is designing (and usually creating) web pages.

web hosting, is putting those pages on an HTTP server.

I would think that both would be self-explanatory

Webhosting vs Webdesign, both are different by name and by service, but both run in the same field. One basically means creating or designing a site/template with code (Webdesign) the other is more based around getting a service to place those contents on it's very own account with access to tools and utilities to get your site up and running (Webhosting) those do include FTP & E-mail.

Same field, different service.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Web hosting = Providing a computer and fast internet connection where web-pages can live, so people can see them on the internet

Web design = Making web pages (but not necessarily putting them on the internet).

They are 2 different services.

Before we can get a website up, we would need 3 things:
    - Web Hosting
    - Web Design
    - Domain Name

In layman's terms, web hosting can be described as the "infrastructure". The roads, the utilities, the house. Others describe it as an "Empty Physical Shop". Because this shop/house is empty, we need to do some web design. Web design would provide the "Interior Design". i.e. what you see in front of you on the web browser is the web design. Web hosting is the one that drives this web design.
    Jweeb Solutions
    Singapore Web Consulting & Solutions
    Web Consulting - Web Hosting - Web Design & Development and more...
    http://www.jweeb.com.sg - Making the Web Simple!

What is the different between web hosting and web desingning?

Web Designing is the designing of the website with coding.It doesn't require in designing.After designing you need to register in http server.That is called Web Hosting.You will be given one address which will directly link to your website.

A web designer will create a website, this could be done through using HTML, PHP, XML etc... once all the code is combined and hopfully working, a website is formed.

Once a website has been created, a client must have a domain name. (or a sub domain from their hosting provider).

A domain name is basically what turns the IP address into a easily readable format i.e http://www.YOURNAME.com

A subdomain is http://www.HOSTING-PROVIDER.com/~YOURNAME

Once you have your domain name and website you will need to look around for a hosting provider. Prices and specifications will vary so you will need to know what you want your website to do, the size of your website and how many people will be connecting to your website.

For basic websites which are fairly small a shared hosting plan would be best suited, for more indepth websites with high site traffic, a VPS would be better. If a very larger and complex website is being used, it may be worth looking at dedicated servers.

Web Hosting is basically what you need to put your website on the net. It's like a memory card on your mobile phone. How will you see the photos you have taken without it? It's the one responsible on all the files/data that you have.

Web Designing is simply a layout on what look you want for your site. It's the overall design of your website.

In addition, Web Development means building your website.

Web Hosting - you are the dancer / performer
    Web Designing - you are the make-up artist
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Web designing is the process to brush up the front end of a website. Web designing ensures to have better user experience to a visitor. Web hosting provide space for those pages designed by designers. Web hosting ensures a website to be live and functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Web Hosting - you are the dancer / performer
    Web Designing - you are the make-up artist
    Personally, I'd say the Web Host is more like the stage crew - invisibly working in the background to provide the infrastructure needed by the designer. Ideally no one notices the Host - until something goes wrong!

Two different concept, web design is to setup the actual website for your business. web hosting is a service to let your website browsable on internet

Web designers make the site all purty while web hosts allow everyone to see the purtiness.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    Web designers make the site all purty while web hosts allow everyone to see the purtiness.
    Thanks for that. I needed a laugh...

Back on topic.

Web design is normally the graphics used on the site, such as the colors, images, how the navigation is going to be styled and so on. It will also have an impact on the flow of the website. It still has to be coded/programmed. This alone has to many possibilities to name them all but an example would be WordPress as a core website. Then you have a designer create the graphics and style. Once it is coded to work with Wordpress it is now the template/theme of the site. Normally, more coding is required to get the visual look and feel you want which may or may not be the designer doing it. All to often you find designers that can do the graphics but not the coding. So, don't be mistaken by the idea that a "designer" is a "coder" unless they actually are both. Just because someone can make a design that is purty doesn't mean they can create the actual website.

Web hosting is simply the place you put your website for others to see. That's all. If you have never used a website before I would suggest downloading something like wampserver and installing a local server on your computer so you can get familiar with things. It doesn't cost anything and will allow you to gain more knowledge and possibly build your site before finding a web hosting provider to put your site on the internet for others to see. You can host your site locally, however, chances are your computer and internet connection won't be able to support more than a few people at a time and even then it will still be slow.