Social music app

[Auction] Youplay.fm Social music app

YouPlay.fm is a unique music application for the web 2.0 era. It allows visitors to vote for the radio programming each hour, every hour. Users can drag and drop songs from the song library in the order they want to hear it and vote amongst themselves to generate how the songs will be played and in what order.

The site can be easily modified to any genre or niche. The only thing that needs to be modified is the song database (the music files themselves). YouPlay.fm does require a few components in order for it to function outside of the regular website and hosting, outlined below.

The site does have a basic admin interface for managing playlist rotations and tagging songs in the database. The site is 100% fully automatic and does not require any maintenance to operate once configured.

Reason for selling:
    I took the site down as I was going to have a second round of development where it was going to make use of youtube API to totally eradicate the need for music source files and streaming service in the same way moof.com does.

I think it is important for any buyer to know a seller's reason for selling a site. I am simply interested in pursuing newer projects and no longer have the time needed to build this site further. Ideally, this site would be sold to someone with the time and passion to really take this idea much further than I have and to really reap the profits it can provide.

What you will need for operation:
    - Web hosting with PHP5 / MySQL (any VPS or dedicated will do, shared hosting not recommended)
    - SAM Broadcaster or other radio broadcasting software (one time fee, see this site for details)
    - Computer system or server to run SAM Broadcaster (this can be any computer connected to the internet, a Windows VPS is recommended but not required)
    - Music files (you can get these any way imaginable...your personal CD collection, your existing MP3 collection, etc)
    - Streaming hosting service (we use EGIHosting.com, very cheap services, 50 listener slots for $50/month)

Other costs for operation:
    For legal reasons, you will need to pay royalties for the music played on your station. This is handled automatically by a service called LoudCity.com which the site is already configured for using. The cost for this is very minimal, ~$50/month.
    Total cost for operation: ~$150/month, including hosting (web and radio) and licensing fees

Monetization:
    In-stream ads are available and can be done through SAM Broadcaster, on-site advertising is also possible.The options are endless and the outlook to make money from this site are endless.

Website Development:
    The website was developed by a professional PHP / MySQL developer. It is built off the PHP5 framework symfony and as such is very expandable and very stable. The design is also a custom design by a professional designer and coded in XHTML / CSS / JavaScript. It is 100% compatible across all popular browsers. All code and design rights will be transfered to the winning bidder.

What you get:
    - Domains (youplay.fm and youpick.fm)
    - Full Symfony Source Code
    - Design assets (PSD, IA, FLA)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/504792/export.zip

Please place bids in this thread not by PM, the starting price is $0 and there is no BIN.
    Last edited by CD Burnt; 04-17-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Hi,

I will start the bidding off at $10.00

Is the design unique?
    John Heslop

Quote Originally Posted by jheslop1 View Post
    Is the design unique?
    Yup, everything is unique and can be seen in the dropbox link.

HTH

I'll bump'er up to $20. Auction end time?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBaHost View Post
    I'll bump'er up to $20. Auction end time?
    Was hoping to run the auction over the weekend but the rate of bidding seems to be slow. Lets say the auction ends next friday 10pm GMT.

I am placing a bid of $25 and do you have any idea for a BIN? I know your first post said no BIN but just wondering.
    Last edited by JDrago1926; 04-17-2011 at 11:06 AM.

OK, Lets keep the bid increments to a minimum of $10.
    Last edited by chewy; 04-17-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy View Post
    OK, Lets keep the bid increments to a minimum of $10.
    My bid is $30

I am cancelling this auction, MOD please delete thread.

How are you going to close an auction with a high bidder? It was your mistake for putting no reserve, I should be the winning bidder if your going to close it.

Host polar is right OP.

I have cancelled not closed/ended the auction, I have the right to cancel the auction.

I have cancelled not closed/ended the auction, I have the right to cancel the auction.
    Canceled is the same as closed/ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Maafia View Post
    Canceled is the same as closed/ended.
    The site is no longer up for auction, get over it.

Ok, im just pointing a fact out dude. No harsh feelings.. just because the bid is at $30 doesnt mean it wont reach several $xxx .

Have a nice day.

The site is no longer up for auction, get over it.
    Next time don't run an auction without a reserve then as I'm sure that's why your closing the auction, it's not fair to the people who bid.

$100 if you like

hmm.... nice price
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit