Emails ending up in spam folder

As per the thread title, I am having some trouble with email delivery. I am using a third party email delivery service to handle my email blasts, but my system emails are being sent through my VPS. Unfortunately, I am receiving complaints from some customers (all Yahoo accounts) that they are not receiving their purchase confirmation/invoice emails. I am still trying to confirm this, but I suspect that the emails are landing in their spam folder.

Can anyone please suggest any ways to ensure that my emails don't end up in the spam/junk folder?

Go to Yahoo Postmaster and join their feedback loop. You'll need your IP address and domain name, and will have to submit a request to get your server off their blacklist (at least those are the typical steps).

I had a similar issue with AOL, and come to find out they didn't like that my "reply-to" header was different from my originating email address.

Also can you please confirm that you have "rdns" setup for the ip's through which the mails have been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    Go to Yahoo Postmaster and join their feedback loop. You'll need your IP address and domain name, and will have to submit a request to get your server off their blacklist (at least those are the typical steps).

I had a similar issue with AOL, and come to find out they didn't like that my "reply-to" header was different from my originating email address.
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Unfortunately, that feedback loop sign in page appears to be down right now.

trustedadmins, as far as I know, RNDS has been setup (had it done by my VPS provider).

Check to make sure that the IP is not on any e-mail blacklists
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Which email delivery service are you using? You can probably configure your server to send emails through that as well.

Have a look here to see if you are listed: http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    Check to make sure that the IP is not on any e-mail blacklists
    http://rblmon.com is good for this, or http://network-tools.com

RBLmon looks interesting. Do you know any services that monitor multiple /24 blocks? It seems their plans stop at 50 IPs.

Awesome advise right there.

Those feedback loops are key.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    RBLmon looks interesting. Do you know any services that monitor multiple /24 blocks? It seems their plans stop at 50 IPs.
    No, I haven't run into any. It kind of surprises me that they don't monitor multiple blocks.

I've been using rblmon for a few months now to monitor my servers. The free service checks every two or three days, which suits me fine. BTW - when AOL started blocking the email from my server, it wasn't on any of the lists RBLmon monitors. AOL, Yahoo, HotMail all have their own lists they maintain.