MonsterMegs Down

Grrr,

After a month of decent service from MonsterMegs, all my web sites (both business and personal) have been down 4 hours and counting.

Having spent over $1500 on seo in the last few weeks, this is really bugging me. They are not answering the phone, live chat is down and my tickets remain unanswered.

It appears it's only there European server is down (Lightning) but it would be nice to hear what the hell is going on!

I am sorry to hear the issue your having. I do know the owner and have for several years. They are normally on top of everything they do so I am very surprised that your having this issue. Hopefully they will get it sorted out for you very soon.

Have you tried contacting them about information on this?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    Two tickets and a Twitter post. 6 Hours and 37 Minutes down now.

pingdom.com/reports/3nmtpqyli63j/check_overview/?name=Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    I think he already tried to contact them since the OP says phones not working live chat offline and tickets unresponded!

Hey,
    I am having the same problem, the only reply I have had so far is

"Hi,

It is the server that is currently suspended, we already notified the concern party. "

I don't quite understand who the "concern party" is, but since then I have received nothing.

Robzeh,

I'm glad that I am not alone with this issue. Since 1PM I have been banging my head against the desk.

How a server can get suspended is beyond me!

Just got a second response from them

"We are working to get this unsuspendes. It never should have been in the first place. I apologize about the inconvience."

Definitely going to be asking for more information once the situation is resolved, it's a bit fishy.

Sounds like the VPS or Dedicated Server they were renting was suspended for one reason or another.

Could be a handful of things, everything from a malicious client on the server, failure to pay the bill, upstream provider error, etc.

Best of luck to you, hope it gets resolved.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

I'm intrigued to know the reason, so let's hope I get a reply! Sure hope they didn't forget to pay the bill though

Would of thought their DC would of supplied them with a reason for the suspension by now, and in turn this should of been passed onto us. I really hate being kept in the dark.

We are currently working on the situation. Our provider decided to suspend the server with any notice for a reported spam violation by one of our customers.

I have tried contacting them, but have heard nothing back yet. The account responsible for the spam was caught within 5 minutes, so this suspension was uncalled for

I will be sure to update this thread as soon as we hear more.

Thank you for the update That is unusually harsh on the DCs side!

Reached 12 hours of downtime now with no sight of the server returning in the near future.

I have managed to move my business website elsewhere, but 12-24 hours propergation means another day of no business tomorrow.

A lesson learnt here, painful and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by EssexWeather View Post
    Reached 12 hours of downtime now with no sight of the server returning in the near future.

I have managed to move my business website elsewhere, but 12-24 hours propergation means another day of no business tomorrow.

A lesson learnt here, painful and expensive.
    Essexweather,

We do understand your frustration and rest assured we are sharing the same frustration. I submitted another response to our server provider not long ago and still have heard nothing back. So we are quite angry about this as well.

I am holding out on outing the provider at this time since we have had good service up to this point, but if this is not resolved soon I will make it known who ultimately is causing the outages for all those on our Netherlands server.

We have also began looking for other providers that we can resort to in the case that this is not resolved soon.

Also we will be issuing a free month of service to those effected and still want to stick with our services. I know it does not make up for the downtime, but we hope this would help to make up for this prolonged outage in some way.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

This is the disadvantage of going with providers who host their clients on VPS accounts...

High CPU? Bam.. you're suspended, and suddenly you have 50+ support tickets and 10+ threads on WHT.

At least Kevin seems to be responsive here and understanding the client's frustrations, so all the best to all of you.

Kevin, is the provider Club uptime? I've noticed in your recent posts you are always singing praises for them. None of my business, but the community should very well be aware of what is going on.

~Chris

Kevin, is the provider Club uptime? I've noticed in your recent posts you are always singing praises for them.
    No the provider is not Club Uptime. I have a good results with abuse reports from them and would never have to wait this long for a response. This is a VPS server located in the Netherlands within the Leaseweb Network.

We are a growing company and to start off with full dedicated servers just does not make sense on a financial level. Although we have begun our growth with VPS servers we have always had a stable and secure environment for our customer with low loads and fast loading sites. The provider in the Netherlands has been great up to this point, but this is a large turn for the worse and is a big cause for concern for us.

We don't want to make any drastic moves as of yet until we get some form of communication going, but we can also only wait so long before we need to take some swift action. Hopefully we hear something soon and can get this all put in the past and then figure our plans for the future of the Netherlands server.
    Last edited by Kevin K; 05-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.

All the best Kevin with this outage and your growth, you have an amazing website.

Hello. I'm just going to buy your host in NL. Can I do it now or wait till you fix the server?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceSoft View Post
    Hello. I'm just going to buy your host in NL. Can I do it now or wait till you fix the server?
    The server is back online and can be ordered at anytime.

To update this thread. Finally at 12:15am CST they finally addressed the ticket and have unsuspended the server. Although the service is back up, we are going to look at our options for a new provider for the NL server to ensure something like this does not happen again.

Our search for a new provider will be definitely include a company that are willing to work on abuse and spam reports with the customers instead of just suspending the account and then not answering for 12 hours.

Like we stated earlier in this post, anyone that was effected by this outage and will continue to use our service is being offered a credit for a months service. Just contact our billing department.