A Starting the VPS cheap service.

Hello Guys,

I'm from Brazil, I am starting a project of low cost VPS so international, I'm designing the whole structure based on the servers of the datacenter with HETZNER i7 processors and 24GB of ram.

I would ask the participants of this forum, mainly about their experiences and for whom a client of VPS, which items would please him more of a service.

Thank you all for space.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Junior View Post
    Hello Guys,

I'm from Brazil, I am starting a project of low cost VPS so international, I'm designing the whole structure based on the servers of the datacenter with HETZNER i7 processors and 24GB of ram.

I would ask the participants of this forum, mainly about their experiences and for whom a client of VPS, which items would please him more of a service.

Thank you all for space.
    Since Hetzner themselfs now offer VPSes you,ll have to at least compete with them on features.

If you can provide the following you'll have a good chance:

Good Knowledagble Support
    Stable Nodes
    Clean VPS Management Interface (Solus does this well)

Hello Guys,

Thank you all for space.
    Hello,

Congrats! How ever I'm confused on your question... you want to know what end users like or what is suggested for the server?

Before you begin be sure to toss RAID 10 on that server

Hello,

@ semoweb
    Sorry for the doubt about the question, I know how to end users, which may be more interesting for them, what makes the difference, obviously beyond the price.

@ SLDHosting
    I'm aware of it and the plans will be competitive.

Ps. Sorry for my English.

I think is almost a fact that you cannot compete ( price wise ) with hosts that use their own hardware, racks, networking devices etc. So my advice is to be a bit more expensive but offer a more reliable service. My opinion is that there is a hole..the semi-managed market. You could take advantage of that combined with reliable services.

I'm aware of it and the plans will be competitive.
    The last time I worked out the pricing structure for a VPS business model based upon Hetzner servers is wasnt worth the time nor the razor thin profit margins since Hetzner are now offering them so cheap...

You've seen prices HETZNER, compared with the Euro Dollar, the values ​​may be more interesting. Obviously they have a structure so much better, because they own all the structure I believe more can be priced competitors.

More so, what services users most interested in?

Make sure you get a solid price on your IP's. I have talked with some other budget market providers and their IP space rates are going up. For some, it is at the point of forcing them out of the budget market all together. Since you are just getting into this, make sure you get costs controlled from the get go.

You also need to make sure you keep your income and expenses in line. Some providers can run the cheap/budget market because they are actually making money on other things (dedicated, specialty products, etc.). So they are not 100% reliant on the revenue from the budget offer. It's ran as a want to get new clients in the door.

This is very important to keep in mind. Not everything is as it appears on the surface. What works for one provider, may not be sustainable for others. Some simply are using their ad budgets to subsidize low cost offers, or using their space equipment in the short term. Good luck.
    Last edited by BlazingSwitch; 05-03-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

@Barefootsies

Thank you for your text, much information is being assimilated, I hope to provide good service at a good price.

Yes I'm keeping an eye on IP, in fact I'm looking to IPv6, to avoid problems with missing or exhausted.

Please consider ECC RAM for hosting virtual machines to maintain data integrity

Yes I'm keeping an eye on IP, in fact I'm looking to IPv6, to avoid problems with missing or exhausted.
    The problem here is that IPv6 is barely supported around the world by residential ISPs so you can't really rely on it yet.

@Barefootsies

Thank you for your text, much information is being assimilated, I hope to provide good service at a good price.

Happy to help buddy.

When you are competing in the low cost, or budget market, you have to control those pennies. Add in the server, VPS licensing, IP's and you're up to $7.50 in just base costs if you're not careful. That doesn't even get into the support and profit/riches you're planing to make.

BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE