BurstNet suspended my VPS two days offline

Hi, since of sunday burstnet was suspended my VPS and sent this message:

VPS Heavy/Abusive User - Relocation Required

RE: 219036.xxxxxxxx / 3028112

Please be advised that your VPS usage is currently affecting service to other clientele sharing the hardware node.

Your service may have had to be suspended to cease such load on the hardware node, or it may be running excessively slow right now while still operational.

Your VPS is causing a heavy load due to the sheer amount of processes, or resource intensive type of usage/processes. This not only slows down your own VPS, but all other VPS sharing the same system. This may not mean you are utilizing more than your allocated/purchased resources, although that is possible (in which case you may, or already have, receive a notice that you should upgrade your VPS package accordingly). Often, this is due to running processes that have heavy I/O usage, such as the Kloxo control panel, or large amount of mail processes, which cause heavy load on the node.

To handle such issues, BurstNET has specifically set up hardware nodes to handle higher usage VPS accounts, such as yours. We would like to set you up a VPS on such a node, where you may continue to operate your service at such a usage level as you have been, without the worry of affecting the hardware node overall and/or other clientele as much. This however, would require us to set up a new VPS for you on the new hardware node, but would have different IP addresses as your current VPS. VPS primary IPs (two typically) cannot be relocated currently to new hardware nodes due to our specific network configuration on such. If required, we can leave your old node active (as long as the hardware node can handle it, as you may otherwise have to reduce load temporarily to do so...), so you may transfer data and/or wait for DNS to update/propagate. Otherwise, we can just remove/delete your old VPS, and create a fresh one for you on the new hardware node. Please advise how you would l
    ike to proceed with this, as soon as possible.

NOTE: Typically this is a one time move/nuisance, and once moved to a hardware node specifically set up for such high-end usage, this should not be a concern moving forward.

EXCEPTION: If you are hosted on a Premium VPS service/node, a relocation may not be an option, and you may be required to upgrade to a Dedicated Server. Typically, if a Premium VPS is causing issue, the usage is not suitable for a VPS node at all, and a Dedicated Server is the more appropriate solution.

We appreciate your assistance with remedying this matter, and understanding our concerns.

Please respond back to us as soon as possible, so we can attend to the issue as quickly as possible, as the issue is very well affecting service to other clientele, as well as your own service.

Regards,
    BURSTNET
    CUST SERV DEPT

----

Today is Tuesday, spent two days and have not solved the problem, I asked them to move about the VPS to another server with higher capacity as mentioned in the message and so far I have not been met, I have lost several customers can not get access to anything, Tickets will not respond.

Has no structure to support a VPS.

On the same Sunday, he did it with another VPS also, and this had only one domain hosted and took all day to do the migration, all day off the air.

I had to open this topic to see if I'll have the attention they i deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post

Please be advised that your VPS usage is currently affecting service to other clientele sharing the hardware node.

Your service may have had to be suspended to cease such load on the hardware node, or it may be running excessively slow right now while still operational.

Your VPS is causing a heavy load due to the sheer amount of processes, or resource intensive type of usage/processes. This not only slows down your own VPS, but all other VPS sharing the same system. This may not mean you are utilizing more than your allocated/purchased resources, although that is possible (in which case you may, or already have, receive a notice that you should upgrade your VPS package accordingly). Often, this is due to running processes that have heavy I/O usage, such as the Kloxo control panel, or large amount of mail processes, which cause heavy load on the node.

To handle such issues, BurstNET has specifically set up hardware nodes to handle higher usage VPS accounts, such as yours. We would like to set you up a VPS on such a node, where you may continue to operate your service at such a usage level as you have been, without the worry of affecting the hardware node overall and/or other clientele as much. This however, would require us to set up a new VPS for you on the new hardware node, but would have different IP addresses as your current VPS. VPS primary IPs (two typically) cannot be relocated currently to new hardware nodes due to our specific network configuration on such. If required, we can leave your old node active (as long as the hardware node can handle it, as you may otherwise have to reduce load temporarily to do so...), so you may transfer data and/or wait for DNS to update/propagate. Otherwise, we can just remove/delete your old VPS, and create a fresh one for you on the new hardware node. Please advise how you would l
    ike to proceed with this, as soon as possible.

NOTE: Typically this is a one time move/nuisance, and once moved to a hardware node specifically set up for such high-end usage, this should not be a concern moving forward.

EXCEPTION: If you are hosted on a Premium VPS service/node, a relocation may not be an option, and you may be required to upgrade to a Dedicated Server. Typically, if a Premium VPS is causing issue, the usage is not suitable for a VPS node at all, and a Dedicated Server is the more appropriate solution.

We appreciate your assistance with remedying this matter, and understanding our concerns.

Please respond back to us as soon as possible, so we can attend to the issue as quickly as possible, as the issue is very well affecting service to other clientele, as well as your own service.

Regards,
    BURSTNET
    CUST SERV DEPT

----

Today is Tuesday, spent two days and have not solved the problem, I asked them to move about the VPS to another server with higher capacity as mentioned in the message and so far I have not been met, I have lost several customers can not get access to anything, Tickets will not respond.

Has no structure to support a VPS.

On the same Sunday, he did it with another VPS also, and this had only one domain hosted and took all day to do the migration, all day off the air.

I had to open this topic to see if I'll have the attention they i deserve.
    Have you tried calling their number?

I am from Brazil, and not need more cost with international calls.

I just ask for a reboot for a dedicated and was done quickly, but this not...

Ticket ID: 2680149
    When Created: 05-01-2011 - 10:31PM
    Elapsed Time: 2 days

The OP was abusing the node horribly and causing problems for other people. Most Hosts would simply take down the node and bid you good-bye.

We, as a courtesy, move the abusers to a heavy usage node in an attempt to help them, and we do it in the order received.

I have started the OP's migration now.

Abusing? I already had hosted this VPS on a Core2Duo with other 10 VPS and not had this problem!

probably burstnet can provide some facts ?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

I think both should provide some facts.

Abusing? I already had hosted this VPS on a Core2Duo with other 10 VPS and not had this problem!
    Evidence better than thousand words.
    You should indicate here to let other peoples comment on the situation.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Client's VPS load:

[[email protected]**** ~]# vzctl exec 3028112 w
    12:18:36 up 11 days, 10:57, 0 users, load average: 64.04, 44.21, 21.46

His usage was just too much for a budget VPS to handle, and it more appropriate for a Dedicated Server.

Uptime: 12:18:36 up 11 days ??? You are suspended the VPS...

As it turns out, your VPS is in Miami, where we have not set up any heavy usage nodes yet.

We are thereby giving you an opportunity to fix this issue yourself. Our support techs will bring your VPS back online. you MUST control your VPS or we will bring it down again, and you will have to wait until we get a heavy usage node (Next week).

Thank you

--
    Colin Joyce

----

I: You can move to toher DC? On SCRANTON ? Or create a new VPS on SCRANTON and back online the old to get backup to the new?

----

Hello,

The VPS is now back online and yous should be able to access it. Please keep an eye on it's load usage to prevent it from being taken down again.

Thank You,
    Al Kane

----

I: You can move to toher DC? On SCRANTON ? Or create a new VPS on SCRANTON and back online the old to get backup to the new?

---

Hello,

We cannot migrate between locations. If you wish to have a Scranton VPS you will need to order one, copy the data from your current VPS and then cancel it.

Thank You,
    Al Kane

VEID: 4001014

VPS Console Results
    14:43:27 up 55 min, 0 users, load average: 2.68, 4.30, 5.89
    USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT

I'm guessing they suspended the wrong VPS...

I think the policy is a good one but the lack of communication and followup is a core issue with burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave - Just199 View Post
    I think the policy is a good one but the lack of communication and followup is a core issue with burst.
    There was no communications issue here.
    The client was notified when we suspended the VPS.

Dave Exactly!

14:56:46 up 1:09, 0 users, load average: 3.28, 5.07, 5.43

Why is WHT the BurstNET support ticket desk on a daily basis? Damn.

Is your ticket system broken?

/sarcasm
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

I will migrate to a dedicated in HostDime Brazil, but will take 5 days to delivery the server, hopefully I have problems again before migration

I was thinking of reselling VPS BurstNET but now I'm afraid, have thought it? I do not recommend resell!

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    No, that was the output BEFORE we suspended the VPS, and why we suspended it. Of course we would not get a response of such AFTER we suspended it...

My VEID is 4001014 not 3028112...

My VEID is 4001014 not 3028112...
    You posted "3028112" in the thread initially...scroll up and see for yourself:

"BurstNet suspended my VPS two days offline
    RE: 219036.xxxxxxxx / 3028112"

I have looked at "4001014" now, and it was suspended for causing sluggishness on the node. We are not sure why, as it was not running that much, but after investigation, suspending your VPS relieved the issue. My guess is, based on your processes running, it was too MySQL-usage intensive. Budget VPS nodes do not take too well to heavy MySQL usage, and it can bog down the whole node. Once again, usage was probably more appropriate for a dedicated server.

At the moment it seems to be running better:

[[email protected] ~]# vzctl exec 4001014 w
    15:52:18 up 2:04, 0 users, load average: 3.13, 3.09, 3.32
    [[email protected] ~]# vzctl exec 4001014 pstree
    init-+-brcm_iscsiuio---2*[{brcm_iscsiuio}]
    |-cpanellogd
    |-cpdavd
    |-cpsrvd-ssl
    |-crond
    |-dovecot-+-dovecot-auth
    | |-imap
    | |-2*[imap-login]
    | `-2*[pop3-login]
    |-exim
    |-httpd-+-42*[httpd]
    | |-httpd---php
    | `-leechprotect
    |-mysqld_safe---mysqld---81*[{mysqld}]
    |-nsd---2*[nsd]
    |-postmaster-+-2*[postmaster]
    | `-postmaster---postmaster
    |-pstree
    |-pure-authd
    |-pure-ftpd---pure-ftpd---pure-ftpd
    |-queueprocd
    |-saslauthd---saslauthd
    |-spamd---spamd
    |-sshd
    |-syslogd
    |-tailwatchd
    |-udevd
    `-xinetd

....but we'll be keeping an eye on it of course, in case whatever we saw overloading the node occurs again. But if usage stays as it is currently, I don't see an issue.

I was thinking of reselling VPS BurstNET but now I'm afraid, have thought it? I do not recommend resell!
    Do not blame your heavy usage on us...you are heavy utilizing the VPS though, and are borderline needing a much larger VPS package, or possibly Dedicated.

If you operate your VPS within reasonable levels of expectation for the budget VPS prices you are paying, you would be fine.

Saying what you did, when you caused your own issues with load, is unfair and unreasonable.

We did suspend you correctly. You started this thread with the posting of your OTHER VPS which was suspended (And migrated) due to abuse (3028112).

Please be advised that your VPS usage is currently affecting service to other clientele sharing the hardware node...
    However, in the ticket you have open with us, you were referring to 4001014. So when I responded to the TICKET (Which is where you also mentioned THIS WHT thread), I responded with info about 4001014, which was ALSO suspended for abuse.

Hope this clears it up.

To surmise:

OP has had TWO VPS's suspended for abuse. One has been migrated (3028112). The other can't be as of yet so we are giving him the chance to fix it himself.

The communication problem is all from the OP, as he can't keep his abusive VPS' in check.

Ok,

The VPS is online now, I am not sure when, but I am buying a dedicated on a different company. I had 35 servers in BurstNET, today I have five and lowering, problems every day, I'm going bald.

A ticket in the billing department was completed today after 4 days. The operator say: I apologize for the delay as it has been very busy.

Issue resolved!?!

Ok,
    A ticket in the billing department was completed today after 4 days. The operator say: I apologize for the delay as it has been very busy.
    And of course more than 50% of that time was during a weekend, when our Billing Dept is CLOSED.

If you want to try and make us look bad for your own vengeful purposes, atleast come up with something with with legit cause for complaint.

The operator say: I apologize for the delay as it has been very busy.

Busy to attend a customer?

But OK, thanks for all, after i open this topic my ticket was resolved!

It has been pretty busy over here, and if you are saying 4 days, it means you submitted the billing ticket on a Friday. Customer Service is not open on the weekends.

And why are you lying?

I had 35 servers in BurstNET, today I have five and lowering, problems every day, I'm going bald.
    For the first one, you've been a reseller of ours since NOVEMBER 2009. So you were thinking about RENEWING your vows with us?

For the second one, you still have over twenty servers with us. Not five.

I have NO ISSUE with you coming here if you have a gripe or a problem you think is not getting resolved in a timely fashion (Though I ask that you at least first open a ticket in our system and ask for a manger to look into it).

But I won't let you come on WHT and put out straight forward lies about us and your relationship with us.

I sent several messages to the ticket, here's in last case, as I said the server was suspended on Sunday, today is Tuesday, and today was attended only after opening the topic.

But now everything is OK then we can close this thread.

I only knew of this thread BECAUSE OF YOUR TICKET WITH US (You pasted this ticket's URL into the ticket).

And you still haven't answered to why you are lying here on WHT about your relationship with us.

What is different about the heavy usage nodes?

For me this issue is resolved
    Last edited by Insert; 05-03-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Can not complain in public that they are angry!
    They are not the only company who does this. Both in this industry, and outside of it.

If you are going to maliciously set out to hurt someone's business with public statements, whether you are a reseller in this case, or not. They have the right to terminate any relationship. Why would they (Burst) or any parent company allow you to blast them?

As for being a part of a reseller program, and then using those for your own personal use, most reseller programs actually forbid it since you are getting some sort of price concession. I can't say that ALL forbid this, but I know many do. I have read it myself in many of those agreements over the years.

Anyway, hopefully you get your differences worked out fine sire.
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED

Always carefully read any NDA you have as part of your reseller account. You may not be allowed to disclose specifics in public.

Quote Originally Posted by MostHost View Post
    Always carefully read any NDA you have as part of your reseller account. You may not be allowed to disclose specifics in public.
    Exactamundo.

These terms can vary from host to host in what is allowed, or not. But many of them have a blanket cause when it comes to 'doing harm to their business' and it is typically to the parent company's discretion if you are in breach.

I'm shocked to see the blame being put squarely on the shoulders of Insert.

If you buy a VPS which has X RAM, X storage and access to X CPU, why is it that you're suspended for being a heavy user? Surely if burst want to limit users, they should put in place limits. Not slap someone when they try to use what they think they've paid for.

This whole thing reminds of of the old slimy shared hosting providers who offered unlimited bandwidth and HD space but then suspended anyone who actually started making any real use of it.

I understand that VPS is shared hardware and that heavy users can cause a problem. But the solution is to put limits and restrictions in place. Not let users VPS eat up as much resources as possible and then slap them down. Of course that wouldn't make the package seem to appealing and they wouldn't be raking in as much cash.

What a joke. The hosting industry is badly in need of a governing body to sort all this out. Customers are getting screwed over left, right and center.

well, after seeing Burstnet reply, i summarize that the attitude towards customer is not acceptable..
    i think Burstnet should reply in a polite manner since he is one of your clients.

Seeing that the cust service is very busy, i dont think it's acceptable excuse.. instead Burstnet needs to hire more manpower rather than giving excuses. but this is just my point of view.

*just my 2 cent.
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by stinkingsteve View Post
    If you buy a VPS which has X RAM, X storage and access to X CPU, why is it that you're suspended for being a heavy user? Surely if burst want to limit users, they should put in place limits.

This whole thing reminds of of the old slimy shared hosting providers who offered unlimited bandwidth and HD space but then suspended anyone who actually started making any real use of it.

I understand that VPS is shared hardware and that heavy users can cause a problem. But the solution is to put limits and restrictions in place. Not let users VPS eat up as much resources as possible and then slap them down. Of course that wouldn't make the package seem to appealing and they wouldn't be raking in as much cash.

What a joke. The hosting industry is badly in need of a governing body to sort all this out. Customers are getting screwed over left, right and center.
    The issue is due to how OpenVZ works (para-virtualised) as opposed to something like Xen or KVM with HVM.

Sure, there can still be problems but it goes a long way to mitigating CPU contention issues.

Unfortunately BurstNET seem to be too heavily invested in OpenVZ to change anytime soon.

I'm shocked to see the blame being put squarely on the shoulders of Insert.

If you buy a VPS which has X RAM, X storage and access to X CPU, why is it that you're suspended for being a heavy user? Surely if burst want to limit users, they should put in place limits. Not slap someone when they try to use what they think they've paid for.

You obviously do not understand the limitations of the underlying technology providing the service.

Just like any shared service, if you prohibit other users from enjoying/utilizing the service, then you don't belong on said service, and should be using a different service solution.

The "Buying a $5 VPS, and expecting Dedicated Server performance" line comes into play here. Realistic expectations are warranted...
    Last edited by HostJedi; 05-04-2011 at 03:44 AM.

This whole thing reminds of of the old slimy shared hosting providers who offered unlimited bandwidth and HD space but then suspended anyone who actually started making any real use of it. ...
    This works today to on most of the big guys who offer unlimited everything.
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA and UK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

I will migrate to a dedicated in HostDime Brazil, but will take 5 days to delivery the server, hopefully I have problems again before migration

5 days isn't normal, did you order a custom server? Let me know the HD# if you don't mind I will get it expedited if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWebHost-Claudiu View Post
    This works today to on most of the big guys who offer unlimited everything.
    Hence the cloud environment now offered tootsie.

It gives much more flexibility for such 'promises'.